QuickBooks error 6130 often occurs all of a sudden and hamper your business productivity. It may ask you to locate a proper guide to help you with all you need to know about the error and fix it. In today’s blog, we will talk about error 6130 and different ways to effectively fix this issue.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Intuit frequently releases QuickBooks updates to prevent issues and common bugs that arise in the application in different operations. But, just like any other application that works on Windows, QuickBooks heavily depends on the right functioning of Windows components along with their resources. It is quite likely that you will experience issues in case there are some problems in QuickBooks settings or Windows.
QuickBooks 6130 issue is one such problem that occurs while opening the company file and restricts the user from using the company file. Issue 6130 can harmfully impact the performance of your system and if the right solution is not applied, it is quite possible that you will lose the company file data.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 6130?
QuickBooks can be accessed in multi-user mode where you can save the company file on a particular server and several users can use it on the network. When a particular workstation attempts to use the company file in the network and the particular file is not present, or damaged on the server, the QuickBooks error 6130 gets activated.
Error 6130, 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Now let us learn about the factors that trigger QuickBooks error code 6130, 0.
What are the Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0?
Here is the list of the reasons that leads to the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0:
- Half Installation of QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Damaged Windows System Files or QBW files because of the impact of the malware and harmful viruses.
- Damaged QuickBooks Software Download.
- Damaged Windows Registry.
- Wrongly Deleted QuickBooks Programs and Files.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0?
Here is the list of the Traits and Signs that indicate the Presence of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0:
- With the presence of this error, the computer crashes often, especially when the same program is running.
- The System Window becomes slow.
- In short intervals or within repeated time-frames, the computer freezes.
- The error 6130, 0 comes up on the computer display together with active screen crashes.
- The error code 6130, 0 will be displayed.
- The Keyboard and Mouse inputs become sluggish.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6130, 0 (Company File Error)
Here is the list of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the common QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0:
Solution 1: Fix the Windows Registries
- Begin by just tapping the Start button.
- In the given search box, enter Command. However, make sure you do not click the tab for Enter.
- Keep pressing the “Ctrl+Shift” keys on the on the keyboard. Now click Enter
- Now you will be notified with a particular permission dialog box
- Next, Select the Yes option.
- Now a black box will be displayed together with a blinking dialog box.
- Enter regedit and select the button for Enter.
- In the provided File menu, click the option for Export.
- Navigate to the option for the File Name box. Now enter the name in the backup file.
- Now navigate to the box for Export Range. Ensure that the particular branch is the right one.
- Now click the button for Save.
- The file will be saved automatically in the .reg file extension format.
- Lastly, You have the required backup of QuickBooks concerning entries.
Solution 2: Complete Malware Scan of the System
Malware is a type of system threat along with the programs that are running on it. Such malicious threats can corrupt, remove, or damage the error-related files. Hence, we suggest you do a complete system scan to determine and delete the damaging malware from the computer.
Solution 3: Access the Disk Cleanup to clear the System Junk
Every personal computer assembles junk files when a user is using the computer regularly and surfing. Hence, with time, it generates a group of junk files that turn the system sluggish and make the system response very slow.
Often, it leads to triggering of the QuickBooks error 6130, 0. Hence, It is quite crucial to access the Disk Cleanup to delete the junk procedure in order to run the disk cleanup tool.
- Firstly, you need to just tap the Start button.
- In the given search box, Enter the Command and do not click Enter.
- Hold the particular keys, Ctrl +Shift keys together and keep holding them.
- Now press the Enter keys.
- Now you will be notified with a permission dialog box.
- Now click the Yes button
- In the given search bar, Enter cleanmgr. Now click the button for Enter.
- Disk Cleanup will determine the space taken by junk and temporary files. It enables you to delete it.
- Lastly, Choose the boxes of the Categories you want to clean.
- Now press OK.
Solution 4: Access the Windows System Restore in order to Disengage the Current System Changes
Windows System Restore enables the system user to get back in time and then give back their system programs and files. Here are the effective steps to access the System Restore tool:
- Click the Start button.
- Now enter System Restore in the given search box and hit the tab for Enter.
- Now press the System Restore option.
- If notified, Type any admin password.
- Do as per the steps given in the Wizard to select a restore point.
- Now restore your system.
Solution 5: Run the Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is considered one the competent and seamless tools that enables QuickBooks users to scan, examine, and reinstate corruptions in particular Windows System Files.
- Navigate to the Run the System File Checker (Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, and Vista)
- Click the Start button
- Enter the command in the given search box. Make sure you do not click the Enter button
- Press the Ctrl+Shift keys on the particular keyboard. Now click Enter
- You will be notified with a particular permission dialog box
- Click the Yes button
- A black window will appear with the name Command Prompt on the top.
- Enter sfc/scannow and press Enter
The scanning procedure will be initiated by the System File Checker to eliminate the Error 6130, 0.
Solution 6: Uninstall QuickBooks Programs Related with Error 6130, 0 and then Reinstall it
If the QuickBooks error code 6130, 0 is connected with a particular QuickBooks program, you need to install the QuickBooks software again.
In order to reinstall, you need to follow the steps provided below:
- Press the Start button and open the Features and Programs.
- Select the Control Panel which is present on the right side of the menu.
- Press on the Programs tab.
- Click the option for Programs and Features
- Find the error 6130, 0 concerned with the program
- Press on the QuickBooks concerned entry.
- Lastly, Choose the Uninstall button present on the menu at the top.
Solution 7: All the Present Windows Updates should be Installed
This particular error usually arises because of available Windows updates that are uninstalled. However, from time to time, Microsoft launches regular updates along with advancements in the Windows System files that can be linked with QuickBooks error code 6130, 0.
Here is How you can Check Windows Updates:
- Click the Start button
- In the given search box, enter update and press Enter.
- The particular Windows Update dialogue box will be displayed.
- If the updates are present, press the icon for Install Updates.
The common QuickBooks Error code 6130, 0 can arise in any of the given Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows XP
- MS Windows ME
- MS Windows 2000
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8
Solution 8: Rename the Particular QuickBooks File
QuickBooks Files like .TGL and .ND are considered as configuration files that enable you to use the company files. Any kind of damage to such files may trigger error 6130, 0. Only by renaming such files can assist you fix to it.
- Locate the files with .TGL and .ND Extensions.
- Press right-click on the particular files with. TGL and .ND extensions and press rename.
- Now rename the files by including “OLD” at the end of the specific filenames.
- Now open QuickBooks and attempt to use the files. In case the issue still persists, you need to implement the next solution.
Solution 9: Start Database Service again for QuickBooks on the Server
- Open the particular Run screen on your server system by clicking the Windows and R keys together.
- Enter services.msc in the given open box and click Enter.
- Search for QuickBooksDBXX Service. XX signifies your QB Desktop software version.
- Press on the service and then click the Start option available on the left side panel.
- Now, Open the available company file and check if the error has been resolved or not.
We hope that this article has helped you get a deeper understanding of QuickBooks error code 6130. We have highlighted all the causes, symptoms, and solutions concerning the error.
We have also mentioned more than one solution in case some of the solutions do not work for you. Still, if you feel hesitant to apply such solutions on your own or need professional guidance for your approach you can reach out to our Dancing Numbers team of experts.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Important Steps Prior to Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6130?
Before troubleshooting the 6130, 0 Error, QuickBooks needs you to take the following actions beforehand:
- Make sure to install the current QuickBooks Desktop updates on the server along with the workstation of the client.
- Install the current Windows updates.
- Take a safe company file backup prior to the troubleshooting.
- On both workstations, download the QuickBooks File Doctor along with the server to fix any damage present in the network along with the QuickBooks company file.
Is it Possible that Malware Scans can help Resolve QuickBooks Error 6130?
Yes. You can do a proper malware and virus scan. Such threats can impact the company file adversely. But antivirus can assist in preventing such problems via detection.