In the QuickBooks account, if the user encounters an error like “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure” then no need to worry. We are here to help you out! This error arrives due to settings problem. This can be resolved by doing the right settings as per the need.
So here, in this module, we get to know how we can fix it by just managing the settings.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Error Messages with Remedy
- You have Entered an Incorrect Email Address or Password- Log in to the email account using the web browser. After that check that the email address and password which you have entered if it’s working or not.
- You are not Connected to the Internet or the Firewall is Blocking the Connection- First open the Internet Explorer browser and after that open the website to look for the internet connection.
- Your Email Server Settings are Incorrect- First you are required to check and certify that the settings of webmail preferences are accurately done.
What are the Possible Causes for the Errors QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure?
There are multiple reasons for the errors of QuickBooks which resist the user to send emails due to the network connection failure.
- QuickBooks reflects the Server connection error that means email server configurations are not correct.
- QuickBooks is not installed properly or stopped while installing in the middle.
- There are no Windows user admin rights on QuickBooks so it origin of the errors while sending emails.
- If there are more than one Windows which are running QuickBooks then you encounter this error.
- User does not have the good internet connection.
- The MAPI32.dll file is corrupted or destroyed.
- Email preferences are set up incorrectly.
- User have entered the incorrect username or password at the time of logging in into email account.
- In the background, Outlook is already running when trying to send email from QuickBooks, so it creates the error.
- The settings of Internet Explorer are inaccurate and which is why there is error in the QuickBooks account while sending an email.
- The QuickBooks is not upgraded to the latest version.
What are the Possible Answers According to the Error Notification of QuickBooks is Not Able to Send Emails?
Here are specific solutions as per the specific error messages shows on the screen. Below the user gets the error message with their solutions. You can also go with the solution or step according to the reason which causes this problem.
Error Message- “Could not Connect to the Email Server”
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
- Firstly, shut down the QuickBooks software and all other programs in the system.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks icon.
- After that right-hit on the QuickBooks icon and select the option Run as Administrator.
- In QuickBooks, navigate to the Help menu option and hit on it.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the options.
- Navigate to the tab named Options in the update window.
- You are required to check mark the option all.
- Then hit on the Save option to save all the changes.
- In the tab Update Now, hit on the Reset Update checkbox.
- Once it’s done post that, while you are ready then you are required to hit on the Get Updates.
- Wait for it for successful completion.
- Set the updates as Automatic updates so that user won’t have to check it again and don’t want to do it manually. The below are the steps mentioned to set it automatic updates:-
- In QuickBooks, hit on the Help menu option.
- Further, hit on the option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the Update QuickBooks window, hit on the Update Now tab.
- You can also hit on box Reset Updates that clear all the previous update downloads.
- Hit on the Get Updates button to download the updates.
- Once it’s done completing the download of the update.
- Reboot the QuickBooks software.
- Now restart, when you get the pop-up screen.
- Then in this accept to install the new update which the user have downloaded in the past.
Solution 2: You have to Configure the Webmail Preferences
- In QuickBooks, navigate to the Edit menu option.
- From further options displayed, hit on the Preferences.
- Navigate to the left-side pane.
- Click on the Send Forms.
- In the Preferences.
- Select the email account which you are using.
- After that user needs to hit on the Edit option.
- The Edit email information window comes up.
- In this, user needs to go to the section of SMTP Server Details.
- Here, set the port and server name in the settings option of the email provider.
Solution 3: “Internet Explorer Default Setting”
- Firstly, open the Internet Explorer.
- Hit on the 3 dots on the top right side of the window.
- From drop-down options, Choose the Tools which user can also open up by pressing Alt + T keys together.
- Hit on the Internet Options.
- Select Advanced tab.
- User is required to click on the Restore Advanced Settings.
- Once it’s done, hit on the OK button and shut down the browser.
Error Message Which Users will Receive is “QuickBooks is Unable to Send your Email to Outlook”
Here are various steps given below which user needs to follow properly as they have described here in detail. Also, check for errors after each step, and if the error still happens got to the next step. Here are the steps given below:
Solution 1: User is Required to Edit the Admin Advantages
- Check if you have the admin access in QuickBooks application.
- If the answer is yes then remove it by doing the next steps.
- Close the QuickBooks software if opened.
- After that hit on the Windows Start menu option.
- In the search box type QuickBooks.
- Once the results comes up then move to the QuickBooks icon.
- Hit right on it and Select open the file location alternatives.
- In the folder which opens up, right-hit on the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Choose the option Properties.
- Under the Properties window, hit on the Compatibility tab.
- User is required to get rid of the tick mark from the checkbox namely Run as Administrator.
- If the option is uneditable mode then hit on Show Settings for All Users.
- It let the option available so check now the uneditable mode is visible to the user.
- Hit on the Apply option for saving all changes and then hit the OK button to shut down the window.
- After that, user is required to open the QuickBooks and later give a try to send the test email to look for the errors.
Solution 2: In QuickBooks, Edit the Email Preferences
- Open the QuickBooks.
- Click on the Edit menu option.
- Select Preferences from further options.
- If the Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server option is visible.
- Post that open it &log in to QuickBooks prior to go next.
- In the menu option, hit on the Send Forms.
- Hit on the tab namely My Preferences.
- Click on the Outlook option as the email option.
- Post that, choose the OK option for continuing the next steps.
- User is required to send a test mail from the QuickBooks account.
- If the error continue so adhere the preferences.
- Hit on the Edit option in QuickBooks.
- Then select the Preferences option.
- In the menu, hit on Send Forms.
- Hit on the tab namely My Preferences.
- Choose the Webmail or email.
- Post that, hit on the OK option.
- This toggles the preferences off.
- Here user is required to repeat the steps and go back to My Preferences and choose the Outlook option.
- Hit on the OK button to save and shut down the window.
- Shut down the QuickBooks software and reboot the computer.
- After that open QuickBooks and send the test mail.
Solution 3: Verify Email Preferences of Internet Explorer Browser
- At first, shut the QuickBooks on the system.
- Once it’s done open the Internet Explorer browser on the system.
- Hit on the 3 dots to open the settings menu at the top right side of the IE browser window. Which is also called as the Tool’s menu.
- Select option Internet Options.
- Choose the Programs tab.
- Then further, click on Set Programs.
- User is required to have to set the default programs.
- Select the email service which user is required to use to send emails from the QuickBooks account.
- Hit on the Apply button to save the modifications.
- Hit the OK button to certify and shut down the window.
- Here all set, shut down the Internet Explorer Browser screen.
- Turn on QuickBooks and give a try to send the test email to review for errors.
Solution 4: Repair the MAPI32.dll
Firstly, do the below steps as a test to narrow the issue which users are cladding. The steps are mentioned-below:
- Restart your computer properly.
- Once the system is reboot, open Microsoft Word on the computer.
- Now create a new blank document.
- Click on the File menu option.
- Further, select the Send.
- In further options, choose the Email as attachment in PDF format.
- Post that send the test email from the MS Word.
If user can send an email using Microsoft Word however not send it using QuickBooks then repair the MAPI32.dll file. The steps which user is required to adhere are:
- Firstly, shut down all the programs and applications running on the computer including QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the Windows Start menu and write the File explorer and click Enter to open it. OR
- Hit on the yellow folder icon on the Taskbar to open the File Explorer on the system.
- Under the File Explorer, navigate to the search option.
- Type C:\Windows\System32.
- Hit Enter option to search for it.
- Look for the file Fixmapi.exe and then after that open it.
- It opens the Wizard which shows the user instructions one by another which user is required to adhere properly to run the repair.
- Post running the repair completed, user needs to restart the computer.
- Now, open the QuickBooks software.
- To check if there is any error user is required to send the test email.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Again
- Uninstall QuickBooks software from the Windows system.
- Under the Windows system, shut down all the programs consists QuickBooks.
- After that, open the Control Panel by moving to the Start menu & post that hit on the Control Panel option. OR
- In Windows system upper than Windows 7, navigate to Start menu search field type Control Panel and after that hit on entering button to open it.
- User is required to hit on option Programs.
- After that choose the Programs and feature alternative.
- The list of installed programs will be unlocked.
- Now, locate the QuickBooks program.
- Right-hit on QuickBooks and choose the option Uninstall/Change.
- The uninstallation Wizard opens up on the user’s system.
- Adhere the steps and move further by hitting the Next button.
- When the uninstallation is completed.
- Hit on the Finish button, and it’s completed.
- Install again the QuickBooks on the Windows system.
- Open the File Explorer.
- After that open the Download’s folder on the left side of menu.
- Under the folder of downloads, look for the downloaded file of QuickBooks.
- After that double-click on the .exe file to run the installation.
- Under the installation wizard, user is required to perform the on-screen instructions one after another.
- Once the installation status bar completes in the end after that hit on the Finish option.
- Navigate to the Desktop, look for the QuickBooks icon or open the Windows Start menu, write QuickBooks.
- Click right on QuickBooks & choose on the Run option as admin.
- Post that, give a try to send the test email and look for the errors.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
What if Antivirus is Blocking the outgoing Emails then What to do to Fix QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails?
In this situation, user needs to change the settings permissions using the following steps:
Open QuickBooks software on your system.
Click on the F2 key on the keypad of the system.
Post that, hit the F3 key which opens up the Tech Help screen.
Hit on the Open File tab.
After that find the QBW.ini file and choose it.
Hit on Open File to open the file in the Notepad.
On the Notepad, user need to add a new line which user can add at the button of the text.
The line user is required to add is [QBWEBMAIL]CUSTOM_CERT_ENABLE=1.
Hit on the File menu and after that select the Save option for saving the changes in the file.
After saving changes, close the Notepad.
Shut down and reboot the QuickBooks software.
If user doesn’t know anything about Outlook then What Kind of information is Needed to get from an Email or Internet provider to fix the QuickBooks is not able to Send Emails?
You are required to get the following information from an email or internet provider are:
3. Incoming email server address
4. Outgoing email server address
5. Incoming email server type.