In this article, we will discuss how we can back up and restore our QuickBooks online advanced company data for the specific time. Here we will guide you for the process along with the terms used in QuickBooks accounting software, along with the many more things. Let’s have a look at the article to understand the process.
By using QuickBooks accounting software we can simply save the several online backups files of the data with the help of external applications. These files are saved at our chart of accounts. This also give us the facility to set a computerized backup, one-time manual backup, & also permit us to save regional copies to Dropbox/Google Drive. Also, we can decide which backup we need to restore so that we can regularly have a look at it.
Before moving further, we are required to know which data gets backed up and which data not. Let’s do a small conversation around it.
What Data Gets Backed up
The online restore and backup function supports everything associated along with chart of accounts. It consists the following:
Let’s firstly talk about Transaction Data: It consists Invoices, Estimates, Sales receipts, Payments, Deposits, Bills and bill payments, Credit memos, Vendor credits, Journal entries, Purchases and purchase orders, Refund receipts, Time activities, Transfers, etc.
Secondly here let’s discuss List Data: It involves Accounts, Budget, Class, Currencies, Customers, Departments, Employees (except their SSN), Items, Journal codes (France only), Payment methods, Tax agencies, Tax codes and tax rates, Terms, Seller, etc.
And lastly let’s talk about Other Data: It covers Attachments, Company info, Entitlements, Exchange rates, Preferences, etc
What Data Gets does not Back up
Here we need to know that we cannot back up some data. However, as they are non posting data it will not have any impact o the account. The backups will not include the below:
Here are some below- mentioned points related to the data which cannot be backup by using the backup and restore function. As, it is non-posting items, it will not have any impact on the accounts. The backup will not include the following:
- QuickBooks Online Payment’s information
- Customer types and price rules
- Delayed credits and charges
- Recurring activities
- Reconciliation reports
- Account-based billable rates
- Item-based billable expenses with markup
- Custom reports
- Custom form templates
- Audit log entries
Steps to Back up & Restore the QuickBooks Online Advanced Company
Here are few steps mentioned which will assist us to Back up & Restore the QuickBooks Online Advanced Company
Step 1: Turn On The Online Backup And Restore Feature
The online backup & restore feature is an external app that you have to connect manually. One must connect the company with the application prior to create the backup.
- Firstly, you are required to login into the QuickBooks Online software which require back up. Here is a point that to perform these steps, we need to log in with admin credentials to connect and back up the company.
- Once the login is done, we need to go to Apps & choose My Apps.
- After that, go to the Action
- Dropdown & click on Launch.
- Now click on the Companies option under the menu.
- Select Add a Company or Connect to QuickBooks.
- Here, now we are required to pick the company we need to connect & go with all the onscreen instructions & click on Authorize to connect.
Step 2: Back Up Your Accounting Data
In this step, here we will get 3 options for backup options, continuous online backups, do a one-time manual online backup & save a local backup to Drop box or Google. Now here we will have a look on all backups step by step in detail.
Set Up Continuous Backups:
The Online Restore and Backup function naturally backups of all the substitute that one did within few minutes of creating them. It also naturally run daily scheduled backups. We are required to follow these to set up continuous backups:
- In first step, log in to Online Backup and Restore app.
- Select companies from the menu list.
- Now just click on Enable Backup.
Steps to Turn off Backups:
Kindly note that If we are still using ChronoBooks, and then you are advised not to use QuickBooks Online Advanced because turning off backups will terminate your subscription to the service. Maybe you will not be able to sign up again.
- In first step, you are required to sign in to your Online Backup and Restore app.
- Just click on Companies from the menu bar.
- Select the icon for the company you desire to stop backing up.
- Select the option of Disable backup.
Steps to Take the one-time Manual Backup
The leading benefit of this backup is that even if you are operating an important project and working in middle then, you can do manual backup anytime.
- In step one, you are required to sign in to the Online Backup and Restore app.
- Now, click on Backup from the menu bar.
- After that, just click on New Manual Backup.
- Now select Incremental, Full, or Complete from the Backup Type dropdown list.
How can we Save a Backup to Drop Box Or Google?
You can also save the backups to the cloud storage apps which is same as Drop Box or Google Drive. Follow these steps to do this:
- In first step, you are required to sign in to your Online Backup and Restore app
- Then, go to the menu bar, select Local Backup/restore.
- Now look for the Company drop down and select the company you are required to overwrite and restore your accounting data to Google drive or Drop box
- After that, under the Restore to drop down, choose the particular time and date you need to restore.
- Choose the Create Restore option, once you are completed the above steps, after click on Restore to confirm.
The above process will take few minutes to restore all your data into drive. However, it is also depends on the quantity of data you have, if the data quantity is high, and it may take several hours also.
We hope that this article has provided the knowledge about how to Restore and Backup the QuickBooks Online Advanced Company data.