QuickBooks is the most widely used software that effectively enables the user to keep a track of all transactions effortlessly. But sometimes, the error might occur due to some technical issues. These tech issues may disrupt your tasks but you need not to worry as these can be easily resolved.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
We have come across several error codes in QuickBooks that may bother us and have quick fixes too. There is another one to count for which is named QuickBooks Error Code H101. It is best defined as a technical interruption that usually occurs when users try to access the business enterprise folder or files that are located on different systems for example shared drive folders. So in order to access that particular file, you need an extra configuration. In case, it does not match then as an expected outcome this error may happen. As we all know a saying that suggests that every problem has a solution. So, you need not to worry, as we have alternate solutions for the same (plural).
What is the Definition of H101?
According to Intuit, Error Code H101 is a specific code that tells us that the computer on which the QuickBooks company files are located is in need of additional configuration. This error code has multiple possible causes: security software (e. g., a firewall) is blocking access to the computer where the company file is located.
Possible Causes Associated with QuickBooks Error Code H101:
In order to reach the proper solution, we should know the reason for the error. Here are some of the possible reasons listed below:
- Firewall settings might be blocked so that you cannot access the desired file.
- Improper settings of DNS.
- Incorrect or incomplete installation can also another reason for the error.
- File configuration can appear to be damaged or corrupted.
- Host settings may not set up properly.
- Fails issue behind Server Manager database which is located to IP address.
- You may not yet start QuickBooks services.
- Incorrect setup of .ND files that actually not allow QuickBooks to approach Company file in a particular network.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H101
Some best possible solutions for the QuickBooks Error Code H101 are listed below:
There are several solutions available for this error but these are one of the recommended troubleshooting solutions that are safe and easy to follow. With this approach, you have a fail safe chance to ensure your issue gets fixed effortlessly.
Method 1: You Should Try to Verify QuickBooks Services
- Initially, open Run Box by pressing altogether Windows Key + R button on your keyboard.
- Type the term “Services .MSc” on the same and hit the Enter button.
- Browse and scroll down to look for QuickBooks DBXX service in the service window.
- Then you should check for the startup type and the status of service whether it is running or not.
- If not then make sure that runs.
- Hit the Recovery tab on the same.
- Select the drop-down menu.
- After this, you can also select to restart the service for the first failure.
- If it fails to reboot then you may need to repeat the process for the second time failure and also for the subsequent failures.
- After this, you should click on the Ok button to save the setting for changes done.
- Once again, you have to repeat the entire above steps for the monitor service.
- In the end, open QuickBooks once again on all workstations and also try in multi-user mode.
Method 2: You Need to Verify the Hosting
- For verifying hosting, you should open the QuickBooks software on every system available in your workstation.
- Then go to File and select Utilities.
- Access to multi-user host on every system.
- In case, it is already available on the required system then there is no need to do any changes to that.
- Then you should choose the Stop Hosting button for setting the Multi-user Access.
- At last, you just need to repeat the entire aforementioned procedures on all systems to keep them synced.
Method 3: You Need to Build a New Shared Folder for Your Company File
- You need to build a new folder and then you should share it on the hosting computer.
- After this, you should set the windows which are properly configured to get the entry for sharing company files.
- Then, you just need to copy the “.QBW File” to the new folder.
- At last, you just have to open company files in multi-user mode.
Method 4: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor is an ultimate tool that helps in detecting the error itself. Also, it successfully troubleshoots QuickBooks errors. You can also download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer. You also can consider it as a magic wand and once it is installed, you can run the application. This way the tool will complete the purpose of fixing error code H101 and so many others.
At Dancing Numbers, we do understand that you and your business are unique. Basis of this approach, we have catered to a huge client base and ensured unmatched results with top notch quality. We are just a few clicks away from you.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Which menu Commands would You use to Get Information about an Error Message in QuickBooks?
First of all you need to go to the error message again by following the same steps with which you received the error.
Then by hovering over it, you need to go to the Help menu.
After this, you should select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
Choose the Contact us button at the bottom of the window.
Then you need to enter a brief description of your concern and choose Search.
Click on the Start a Message to process your request and have an available agent for you.
What Purpose does Error Codes Have?
Error codes main purpose is to specify an error type. Once we know the type, we get to simplify the research that gives us the cause and process to fix it. It is commonly used by consumer friendly products whenever something goes wrong or not as expected. For example, the cause of a Blue Screen of Death, in order to make it easier to pinpoint the exact problem the product is having.