There can be scenarios when you experience zero balance issues if you are an avid QuickBooks user. The error states QuickBooks generated zero amount transactions for bill payment stubs. As per experts, such kind of error generally arises when you try an online transaction with the help of a credit card in QuickBooks.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Not to mention, the presence of this issue will restrict the customer from using the QuickBooks software to prepare bills in the right manner and use their credit cards. In case you are experiencing the same issue, you must immediately delete the zero transaction. It will enable you to conduct online transactions successfully.
In today’s article, we will talk about how to resolve the QuickBooks generated zero amount transaction for bill payment stub issue. We will enlighten you with all the important and concerning facts. Not to mention, we will also talk about the key reasons that are triggering the error.
Why QuickBooks did issue Zero Amount Transactions?
When you perform online transactions with the help of a credit card, QuickBooks may display zero amounts as transactions. There can be three primary reasons behind the occurrence of such an issue, and they are stated below:
- The payment is not applied or linked to the invoices.
- The Credit Memos are not applied or linked to the invoices.
- When the journal entry is not applied or linked to the invoices.
These can be the primary reasons why QuickBooks generates zero-amount transactions for bill payment stubs. Even though the journal entry, payment, or credit memo is present in the QuickBooks data, your particular invoice will be shown as Unpaid. This is because the Unapplied Transaction is not connected with the invoice. But, by deleting the zero transactions, you can fix this issue.
To learn more, keep reading this article.
How to Solve the QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction issue?
The zero-amount transaction issue can be fixed if the unapplied transaction is applied again. To fix such problems, you must open the customer menu and get the payment by choosing the customer name. After that, it is possible to apply the unapplied credit balance to the particular invoice. Ensure that the details are saved once you complete the steps.
Keep reading this article and you will learn how to fix the QuickBooks Generated zero amount transaction for bill payment stub issue for the Desktop and Online versions. It also comprises several editions like QuickBooks Premier, Enterprise, or Pro version that are explained below:
Method to Fix “QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction for Bill Payment Stub” Error in QuickBooks Online and Desktop Edition
In case you are utilizing QuickBooks Online, and your particular account issues the zero amount transaction for your bill payment stub, then it is recommended to perform the steps given below.
First, Let us find out how to fix the zero amount issue with QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Online Edition
- To begin with, Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Account.
- After you are logged in, Navigate to the Customer Center menu.
- Next, Locate the name of the customer and press the name to use your customer file.
- After that, You can find the invoice that is displaying an overdue invoice. When completed, choose the option, Receive Payment. Once the Receive Payment screen opens, you will witness the overdue invoice on the window. This particular overdue invoice will be applied to the specific unapplied transactions automatically.
- Now, You must check the details provided on your window. Post that, select the right transaction if needed, and make sure that the transaction balance is nothing but zero.
- After it is complete, You can press the button for Save and then shut the screen.
Once all the steps mentioned above are completed, you can review the details to confirm the right balance for your client. Not to mention, you must also check if the invoice is displaying as paid now.
QuickBooks Desktop Edition
If you experience a zero balance problem in QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier, or Pro version, it is possible to solve it with the help of some easy steps given below:
- First, you need to launch the QuickBooks software on your system.
- Now navigate to the Customer menu.
- Choose the Receive Payment option
- Now you can include the name of your particular customer. Here, you can check the invoice too as the unapplied credit balance.
- Next, you must press on the option for Discounts and Credits placed on the top.
- When the new window appears, you will be able to see the due credit balance.
- Now, you must approve that there are zero unapplied credit balances. It must be done as your final draft.
- Now click the Done button.
- In the screen for Customer Payment, you will be able to check the applied credit balance. Make sure that the total amount of your customers here must be zero.
- Once confirmed, you can press the button for Save and Close.
This is how you can resolve the zero balance problem in the QuickBooks Desktop version including Enterprise, Pro, and Premier.
What are the Additional ways to Resolve the “Zero Amount Transaction issue in QuickBooks”?
There can also be scenarios when the credit payment or vendor is displayed as unapplied. In such scenarios, you can resolve the issue by applying the transaction. In the steps given below, you will get to understand how to fix zero-amount transaction problems in QuickBooks Enterprise 10, QuickBooks Accountant, or other higher versions:
- Navigate to the Accountant menu.
- Now press on the option for Client Data Review.
- Choose the option, Fix Unapplied Vendor Payments and Credits.
- Now, you need to shift to the Vendors tab.
- Post this, Navigate to the Payments/Credits section, and choose the right check.
- Now, Navigate to the Bills section and ensure that the correct bill is chosen.
- Now, Press the Apply button.
- Lastly, Click the Save button.
If, by mistake, you selected the incorrect transaction, then you need to press the Unapply button. It will undo the action. Now, you can select the right transaction and then apply it.
We hope that after reading this article, you will get a decent idea about how to fix QuickBooks-generated zero-amount transactions for bill payment stub errors. We have stated everything that is important about the topic like its causes and solutions to fix this issue.
Still, It is quite likely that you may get stuck anywhere and need assistance. In such cases, we recommend that you get in touch with Dancing Numbers professional or connect with us.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Edit the Bill Payment Stub in QuickBooks?
With the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop 2022, there is an option of customization and email bill payment subs. Want to know what to do further? In order to access the form template list, Open the Lists Menu and select Templates.
Can You Edit a Pay Stub?
Just like the recent pay stubs, you can edit an old pay stub. In doing so you might alter the employee’s pay history, deductions and so on. Thus, the HR department is the best choice to avoid any legal issues.
How do I Change My Pay Stub Template in QuickBooks?
In the Edit menu click on select Preferences. Now, Select the Send Forms menu. Now click on the Company Preferences tab. Highlight the template you want to use and select Edit.
How do I Get Copies of My Pay Stubs?
Your first and foremost step should be to contact Human Resources or the payroll office where the pay stub was first printed. You will be required to study the process of requesting copies of pay stub or if there is a processing fee, how long it will take and what documentation you need to submit.