The QuickBooks Desktop is subscription-based software. Firstly, it provides you the free trial and after that, you have to buy the subscription. Apart from this, you have one more option to continue using the QuickBooks after the end of the trial version. For this, you have to reset QuickBooks registration timer and it can be done using the qbregistration.dat file. By changing the registration details it helps you to use QuickBooks for some more time.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Here, you get to know how you can reset the registration time of QuickBooks manually. You have to just follow the process and then get it done smoothly.
What is QuickBooks Registration File?
The QuickBooks Registration file includes the information about the QuickBooks product you are using. This information includes the Edition of QuickBooks Desktop, product, and license number. When you open the QuickBooks software this file helps the software to verify the validity of your product whenever and how many times you open the QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks registration file is hidden in your Windows system. You have to change the settings to show hidden files and folders to get this file. The location of the file is C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks. So the file is stored in the QuickBooks folder. If you want to reset the registration of QuickBooks software then you have to change the Install ID and license number in the same file named qbregistration.dat file.
Rename QuickBooks Registration File to Reset QuickBooks Desktop Registration
The steps to rename the QuickBooks Registration file named qbregistration.dat are as follows:
- First of all, Exit the QuickBooks Desktop software and also the company file in it
- Open the File Manager of Windows by clicking on it. It is the yellow folder icon that is on the taskbar
- Change the Windows settings to show the hidden files and folders
- Go to the QuickBooks folder having all the files
- Then search for the qbregistration.dat file
- Right-click on it and then select the option rename
- Now add the OLD at the end of the file name
- Then press Enter button to save the file.
To Create the new QBregistration.dat File
- Open the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Then right-click in the folder and choose the option New.
- Click on text Document then copy and paste the text mentioned here:-
- xx.x”> version”>
- YES 000 – 000 0000 – 0000 – 0000 – 000 000073adbf3f.
- Now you have to type the edition of QuickBooks you are using. If you use QuickBooks Pro then write Pro instead of xx.x in the text document you are making.
- Then replace the first 6 zeros with the Product ID of the QuickBooks account you are using.
- Then type the License number in the place of 15 zeroes.
- Do not remove any dashes while writing the values.
- After that, click on the File menu option.
- Then choose Save as an option.
- Name the file as the qbregistration.dat.
- The location of the file must be inside the QuickBooks folder where you renamed the file.
- Click on All Files from the Save as Type option.
- Then click on Save button.
- After that, open QuickBooks that shows as a registered account.
Above, you get the solution for how to reset QuickBooks Registration Timer using 2 things. These 2 things that you have to do properly are renaming the old file and then create the new one by following the instructions.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Reset the QuickBooks Registration Timer in all Editions of QuickBooks?
Yes, You can easily do it by following the above solution steps. You have to mention your edition as Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant in replacement of xx.x in the text document file. Also, mention your product and license number accordingly.
How to Show hidden Files and Folders in File Explorer to Reset QuickBooks Registration Timer?
In the search bar of the Start menu
Type folder and then click on Enter button
It opens up the File Explorer options window
In the View tab, select the radio button of option Show hidden files, folders, or drivers
Then click on Apply button and click the OK button
Now, you are able to see the hidden files and folders.