Creating a new invoice template is important as you have to send the correct invoice to customer is important. First create template that helps you to easily create and send the invoice to your customers so that you can get the payments on time. The templates can be used by everyone like freelancer, business owners, contractor, etc. With invoices, you can easily track payments easily as you can send link of payments along with your invoices. Let’s get started with this article that helps you to create new invoice template in QuickBooks Online.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
How to Create Custom Invoice in QuickBooks?
In order to create the custom invoice in QuickBooks you have to follow the following steps:
- Click on the gear icon.
- Under the company option click on the custom fonts styles
- Now click on the new styles.
- Chose you invoice.
- There are three options in choosing styles in order to customize the template. They are:
Steps to Create a New Invoice Template in QuickBooks Online
In order to create a new invoice template in QuickBooks you need to perform the following steps:
1. Hit the Gear Icon on Upper Right Corner
- Open your QuickBooks Account.
- On your all QuickBooks Page on the upper right-side corner you will find Gear Icon.
- In case if you didn’t find gear icon you can search for it on dashboard.
- The gear icon helps you in opening robust drop-down menu.
- In drop down menu you have many items to select the form.
2. Find for the Company Column and Select Custom from Styles
- Once the drop-down menu opens after the clicking on gear icon, you can view four columns in that drop down list.
- In first column from left had a label company option in it.
- The third item in down of the sheet is custom from styles.
- Click on the both the option.
3. Select the New Style and Click the Invoice
- New page will open in front of you.
- In case you already created any of the template then it will be easily seen in the list of templates.
- In case if you didn’t create any of the templates then this page will be blank.
- In order to create a new invoice, click on the new style tab which is on the upper right-hand corner of screen.
- As you click on the tab the drop-down menu is visible.
- You have to click on new invoice option from the list of option in order to create a new invoice.
4. Name all the Invoices and Templates
- The default tab is loaded as design.
- There is an input box under the design tab.
- You can use this input box in order to name your template.
- The name of the template is very helpful in searching this template in future.
5. Click in Dive in Worth New Template
- Once you are done with naming of template, now you have to select one variant template from the list of variants which are available in the list.
6. Select the Type of Template
- Select one variant from the list. The list of variants is:
- Airy New
- Airy Classic
7. Customize Your Logo, Color and Font
- In this option you can add your personal touches to your template.
- You can add customize colors and fonts in order to create the logo for your template.
8. Customize the Content of Your Invoice
- Now you have to enter the main details of the templates.
- This content of your invoice is broken in three categories:
- Header: In this section you have to describe the head of your template like name of the company, address, invoice date or billing account information.
- Table: In this section you have to describe that what you have sold. It is the describing list of the selling.
- Footer: It is the last and the important part of the template. In this section you have to describe the total, subtotals, discounts, tax and balance due etc.
9. Customize the Emails Tab
- In this section you can customize the appearance of the invoice.
- In customize section you can add message, greetings, subject line etc before mailing it.
10. Click Done
- Now you can use your template.
- It is ready to use and you can send it.
We hope that the above article will help you in creating invoice template in QuickBooks. In order if you face any issue in creating template then you can call us, Book a Meeting or LIVE CHAT with our Dancing Numbers expert team will help you in creating the invoice template in QuickBooks Online.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How can I Create a Custom Template in QuickBooks?
There are some basic steps in order to create the custom templates:
First you have to select the type of form which you want to custom.
Select the formatting tab from the form.
Now from the list of options of format tab click on the manage templates.
In order to preview the template, you have to select it.
In order to create the new template, you have to click on the copy option.
Hit the OK button in order to edit the template.
How Can I Change the Default Invoice Template in the QuickBooks Online?
The steps which are to be performed in order to change the default invoice templates:
First you have to see for the setting option.
Now select the custom from the list of styles.
Search for the desire template which you want.
Now select for the drop-down arrow for the list of items.
Now make it default.
How can I Create a Two Pages Invoice Templates in QuickBooks?
In order to create the two pages of templates in QuickBooks are:
Now from the list of menus click on the templates option.
Now you have to open your purchase order template or any of the transaction.
Hit the additional customization button.
Now go to the footer tab on the screen.
Enter your details in long text box.
Once you are done with editing hit on the OK button in order to save all the changes and update all the changes.
How can I Copy Invoice Template in QuickBooks Online?
In order to create the duplicate copy of the invoice template in QuickBooks Online:
First you have to go to the list of menu.
Then from the drop-down menu of the list you have to select the templates from the template list.
Now click on the template which you want to use.
From the bottom left of the template there is a duplicate option click on it.
Does QuickBooks have Invoice Templates?
Yes, the QuickBooks have free invoice templates in it. You can easily download, customize and send any of the template of your requirement. You can send them professionally to your customers.
How can I Create Custom Templates in QuickBooks?
In order to create custom templates in QuickBooks you have to follow the following steps:
First you have to select the type of form which you want to customize.
Select the formatting tab from the form.
Now select the managing tab option from the form.
Once you are done with the managing of the template now you can preview it.
If you are satisfy with the template customization then you can select the copy the template.
Create your template in your new template.
Once template is ready hit the OK button in order to save the changes.