If you are business owner and use QuickBooks accounting software to streamline your accounting processes, it is mandatory that you learn how to prepare and send a payroll with checks that are dated in the past in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll or QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Have you paid your employee outside of your QuickBooks, however, you do not remember to record it? In this article, we will provide you with all the details to assist you in getting your particular payroll on the right track.
But before that, let us learn more about the different types of Paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
What are Various Kinds of Paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
There are three kinds of Paychecks in QuickBooks Payroll, as stated below:
Unscheduled Payroll Paychecks
This kind of paycheck become relevant when you fail to pay your employees on time or maybe your employees are getting a reward check, off-cycle paycheck, etc., which is connected with the regular check.
Scheduled Payroll Paychecks
Scheduled Payroll is a type of payroll check where your representatives are paid on a normal calendar like month to month or week by week, etc. Under the Scheduled Payroll category, it is also considered that if your employees are paid on a different calendar, you must make sure that the finance plan dates are rightly put in prior to running a planned finance.
You can access Termination Checks to clear the last paycheck to the fired or the workers who are discharged. This format assists you in including the discharge date of a representative and checking them idle.
How to Create a Late (Backend) Paycheck in QuickBooks Payroll?
A late (backend) paycheck in QuickBooks Payroll can be prepared in QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
Here are the steps to create a late (backend) paycheck in QuickBooks Online Payroll:
Create a Late (Backend) Paycheck in QuickBooks Online Payroll
It is possible to prepare a paycheck with the previous check date if it is not a direct deposit and not a post-tax period due date to clear taxes or the file forms for that particular tenure.
- Navigate to Payroll. Now click Employees.
- Choose Run Payroll.
- If prompted, choose a payroll schedule.
- Edit the Pay Period and Pay Date.
- Choose your particular employee and then include their hours worked or salary.
- The Pay Method must be a Paper Check.
- Preview it and then submit payroll.
Create a Late (Backend) Paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
In case you do not remember to send or record a paycheck that is issued to the employees already, it is possible to prepare an unscheduled payroll.
- Navigate to the Employees section. Now click Pay Employees and choose Unscheduled Payroll.
- Confirm the Pay Period End Date.
- Edit the check date to the particular date when you have made payment to your employees.
- Choose the employees you wish to create paychecks with.
- You can add hours with the help of timesheets or grids. You will find all the hours for the particular pay period that have been entered already.
- Choose the option, Open Paycheck Detail to view the paycheck detail of everyone. Now you must clear the option Use Direct Deposit as required.
- Choose the option, Save and Next, and then go to the Next employee. You can also choose Save and Close to get back to the screen for Enter Payroll Information.
- Choose Continue.
- Authenticate every employee’s amount. Now choose Create Paychecks. In case you have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, you must send the payroll details to Intuit.
What are the Mandatory Conditions that are Eligible for Payroll Processing Exceptions?
Here is the list of the mandatory conditions that qualify for payroll processing exceptions:
- Same-day Pays: if any employee requires a paycheck for the very same day but he/she is not an employee who has been released, try using the payroll advance along with the repayment feature in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Pay Depending on Performance: A few of the employees such as corporate executives may get a salary that is dependent on the revenue of the company or quarterly profit. Your business accountant wants to hold on till quarterly revenue is determined to create a paycheck and then request you to date the delivery checks to enable them to fall at the end of a financial year or quarter year.
- You need to work with your accountant to determine options to prevent creating a paycheck after post expected siren payment date.
- Termination Checks: Employers are mostly needed to prepare a single-day check for those specific employees who are issued. Customers will not be required to pay additional backdate fees, only when the following conditions are addressed:
- The check date is not an old one. It is today’s date or tomorrow’s date.
- Payroll-run employees have dates generated in their prof
- Payroll Corrections: A few of the payroll issues can be edited or verified on successive paychecks or via undetermined payroll.
- Prior Quarter Payments: You may need to include a salary to an employee for the particular work completed in a previous quarter. Such payments need to be recorded in the quarter which might have been taken and may arise in tax amendments. Kindly confirm with your particular accountant to make sure that backdate payroll or late processing is needed.
- Cash Flow: You are required to backdate payroll checks because of cash flow issues. For assisted payroll, since the two-business day processing is required to process payroll you may be required to analyze different Intuit Payroll offerings that allow you to execute your payroll along with the tax fillings.
Note: It is important to note that Intuit will not levy any waiving fees for delayed payroll processing for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, except it is because of an Intuit error.
We hope that this article has cleared all your doubts concerning how to create a late (backdated) paycheck in QuickBooks payroll. We have mentioned all the crucial details regarding the topic. Still, if you think you need professional help, you can reach out to us. You can talk to our Dancing Numbers team of experts and resolve this issue for good.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.