One of the key features of QuickBooks is to make it an easier process to manage the employee payroll of your organization. More to this feature, you can also generate pay stubs that adequately complies with the respective state’s regulations. The following article will take you through a detailed guide on how to print pay stubs in QuickBooks.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What are Pay Stubs?
Defining Pay stubs in simple words offers your employees an extensive breakdown of what earnings they are incoming in your organization. Such a pay breakdown generally would include, taxes applicable, benefits, and such as.
The pay stub on QuickBooks is generated in a PDF format which is printable and looks similar to that of a check.
Each of the information detailed on a Pay stub is basically for the aim of ensuring your employees of being paid correctly along with the tax details that are withheld both by them and the employer.
As per the regulations imposed by the respective state, pay stubs can also feature data showing sick time and vacation as applicable to the employee.
What is the QuickBooks Pay Stubs Feature is all about?
The firm name, address, and phone number appear at the top and bottom of the page when printing pay stubs on blank paper using QuickBooks. You can send pay stubs to employees through email from the QuickBooks Desktop using the paycheck or stubs tool. Paycheck amount and date information are physically recorded on QuickBooks print pay stubs. You may create QuickBooks Desktop pay stubs with the information you want employees to see by using the payroll printing settings in QuickBooks.
How to Make a Pay Stub with QuickBooks?
Payroll integration is a feature that the QuickBooks finance program can offer. This lets you track and handle payroll for your business right from the program’s user interface. When an employee prints a pay stub with his paycheck, he can keep track of details about his income, like the number of vacation days he has left. It also acts as a physical record of the amount and date of his salary. Create pay stubs for your employees that include the information you want them to have by using the Payroll Printing Preferences in QuickBooks.
- Begin by Opening QuickBooks, and then Select Edit from the main Menu Bar.
- To Open the Preferences Window, Choose Preferences from the Drop-Down Menu.
- In the column on the Left Side of the Window, You have to Select Payroll and Employees.
- Click the Company Preferences Tab, and then under the QuickBooks Payroll Features Section, then Choose the Full Payroll Check Box.
- In the Set Preferences For Section, Select the Pay Stub and Voucher Printing Buttons. The window for Payroll Printing Preferences Opens.
- In the On Paycheck Vouchers and Pay Stubs, Print Section, You have to Check the Boxes Next to the things you want to Appear on the Pay Stub. For Example, If you want the Name of the Company to Display on the Pay Stub, You have to Choose the Legal Company Name Check Box.
- Once all of Your options have been Chosen, You have to Click OK on the Preferences Window. Each time You Receive a Paycheck, a Pay Stub Containing the Selected Details will Print Out Automatically.
Steps to Print a Pay Stub in QuickBooks Desktop
To know how to print a pay stub in QuickBooks Desktop follow the steps mentioned in below:
- On the configuration’s left side, you have to click on Reports.
- Then you have to click on the All Reports button and after that select Manage Payroll.
- From the list of reports, select Paycheck List.
- The report page will load.
- You can select the pay stubs or paychecks you want to print from the checkboxes.
- In order to view the PDF in a new window, click Print.
- Save this document as a PDF so you may print it later.
How to Print Pay Stubs from QuickBooks Desktop File Menu?
On QuickBooks, you can generate multiple pay stubs in one single go and can also print them all at once. The Pay stub generated from QuickBooks will have the company name, official address and contact number included both at the top and bottom of every single stub.
Advisably, it is recommended to use plain paper while printing the Pay stub instead of using check stock.
Step 1: Enable QuickBooks Payroll
Ensure to have QuickBooks Payroll enabled first. To do this, take your cursor to Workers which can be located on the left-hand side of the screen, and tap on Employees.
Step 2: Choose Pay Stubs
Visit the File menu and take your cursor on Print Forms. Choose Pay Stubs. print pay stubs under the file menu on QuickBooks.
Step 3: Choose the Payroll Bank Account
Choose the payroll bank account associated and input the data range which must include the pay date of the pay stubs.
Step 4: Choose to Filter Individual Employees
Choose the Pay stubs which you wish to print from the column listed next to the preferred date. You can also choose to filter individual employees and choose them from the drop-down under the Employee section.
Step 5: Printing the Company info/Employee Details
For printing the company info and the employee details on the Pay stub, choose Preferences
Step 6: Add Message on Company Dialogue Box
For adding a particular message that needs to be sent with each of the Pay stubs and shall be printed on all of the Pay stubs boxes, input the preferred text in the Company message dialogue box.
Step 7: Preview to View the Pay Stubs
Tap on Preview to view the Pay stubs prior to you wish to print them. Once approved as per your recommendation, hit Print.
Printing Individual Pay Check from a Paycheck
Step 1: Visit the QuickBooks Desktop and open Paycheck.
Step2: Choose the Print icon from above the check and choose Pay Stub.
Delivering Pay Stubs via QuickBooks Online
Now you can also avail yourself of the option to electronically deliver Pay stubs to your employees via QuickBooks. To proceed with this, the foremost thing to do is to verify with your respective state’s regulations to permit Pay stub transferring digitally.
There might be a possibility for your employees to opt for a declaration sort of form to agree to receive their pay stub digitally.
Step 1: Firstly ensure that you have successfully created your employees’ profiles on QuickBooks.
Step 2: Send an invitation to your employee/employees to check their Pay stubs and W-2s online. Make sure, you have the employee’s consent to receive W-2s online.
Step 3: Enter the employees’ official email ID and select the checkbox beside to redirect them to the QuickBooks Workforce site.
Step 4: Once your employees have logged in to their QuickBooks, they can view their Pay stubs once you have added the payroll. Adding customization like having an email notification once new Pay stubs are generated, is also available.
Step 5: To turn on this notification, enable ‘send me an email when new pay stubs are available.
How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online
As you know that there are three QuickBooks Online Payroll versions. So there are 3 different ways you can print pay stubs in the QuickBooks Online platform. In below there are steps for each version to do the trick.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Basic
- You must first set up the printing preferences for pay stubs.
- To access Settings, launch QuickBooks Online and click the Gear icon.
- Go to the Printing section by clicking Payroll Settings.
- Click Edit there, then select Plain paper.
- Finally, click on Save and then Done.
- However, go to the Preferences area and click Paycheck Printing if you are unable to view the Printing section. Select Plain paper stubs there, then click OK.
- If you want to print the stubs then visit the Workers section in the menu and then go to Employees.
- In the My Payroll section, select the Paycheck list.
- Finally, select the paychecks for which you wish to print the pay stubs and click Print.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
- The printing preferences for pay stubs would need to be set up.
- Open Setup on QuickBooks Online.
- Select the Paycheck Printing settings by clicking Preferences.
- Then click OK after selecting Plain paper stubs.
- After that go back to the menu and choose Payday to print the pay stubs.
- Select the paychecks for which you want the pay stubs by clicking on the Paycheck list.
- Lastly, click on View Print and then select the printer icon.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Assisted
- First, you have to open QuickBooks, then select View paycheck list.
- Click Print after selecting the paychecks for which you want the printouts.
- To print the stubs, lastly, click the printer icon.
How to Reprint Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online 2019?
Below are the steps mentioned to reprint pay stubs in QuickBooks Online:
- Go to the Workers settings in QuickBooks Online by opening it.
- Click on the Paycheck list after selecting the Employees tab.
- Select the paychecks you wish to print now, and if required, modify the Date Range.
- When a PDF displays on the screen, click Print, then choose the Printer icon.
How to Print QuickBooks Pay Stubs via Bill Payment Stubs?
Here are the steps to print QuickBooks Pay Stubs through bill payment stubs:
- Go to the File menu and choose “Print Form & Click on the Bill Payment Stubs.”
- Depending on the method for paying bills, select Credit Card or Check from the Bill Payment drop-down option.
- Go back to the account drop-down and select the appropriate Bank or Credit Card account.
- To include payments from a different date range, enter the opening and closing dates in the Dated & amp section.
- For checks that you need to print bill payment stubs, select Checks.
- Select OK.
- Check the printer and font settings, enter the desired number of copies, then click “Print” in the print window.
How to Print QuickBooks Pay Stubs through PayCheck List?
Here are the steps to print QuickBooks pay stubs via paycheck list.
- Select “Employees” from the navigation menu on the left.
- To pay, click on the employee’s name.
- On the Employee’s page, click on “Paycheck List,” and then choose “Checks to pay.“
- Verify the check numbers to see if they are correct.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “Batch Action” and then “Print.”
How to Print by Voucher Printing and Pay Stub?
Here are the steps to print by Voucher Printing and Pay Stub:
- Open QuickBooks, choose the Menu Bar, then select “Edit.“
- Select “Preferences” from the drop-down list by going there.
- Then select “Payroll & Employees.“
- Click on the “Full Payroll” option under the QuickBooks Payroll features heading on the “Company Preferences” tab.
- Click on “Pay Stub & Voucher Printing” under the “Set Preferences for” heading. The Payroll Printing Preference windows is now open.
- Go to the “Paycheck Vouchers & Pay stubs, Print” area and choose the checkboxes you want to include.
- Go to the “Legal Company Name” if you require the firm name to appear on the “Pay Stub.“
- Once all of the options have been selected, select “OK.”
And all this while, you thought printing pay stub on QuickBooks to be a big task? Hopefully, now it gets easy for you with this article.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What Are the Conditions to Create Pay Stubs Using QuickBooks?
QuickBooks does indeed print pay stubs, and you have the choice to make them as a user. To use Intuit® Payroll services, you must own a subscription.
How to Print on QuickBooks?
• If you want to print a report in QuickBooks Desktop Pro, then open the report you wish to print.
• Then click on the print button in the toolbar of the report.
• From the drop-down menu choose the Report command.
• In the Print Reports window that displays, select the printer you want to use.
How to Change the Paystub Template in QuickBooks?
• Choose Preferences by going to Edit and then select payroll and Employees.
• Then select the Pay Stub and Voucher Printing buttons.
• Deselect any checkboxes for displaying this information in the Payroll Printing Preferences window.
• Lastly select OK twice
Are there any Customization available for choosing items that I wish to/don’t wish to Print on Pay Stubs?
Yes, there are a few items that you can wish to/don’t wish to print on Pay Stubs. The same is mentioned below for your quick referral:
• Vacation & Sick used
• Legal company name
• Federal employer identification number
• DBA company name
• Company phone number
• Non-taxable company items
• Employee social security number
• Hours for salaried employees
How Many Types of Ways are There to Print Pay Stubs on QuickBooks?
To print Pay Stubs on QuickBooks, there are five ways you can do that:
• Print Pay stubs via Paycheck List
• Print Pay stubs via Bill Payment Stubs
• Print Pay stubs via Desktop File Menu
• Print Pay stubs via Paycheck
• Print Pay stubs via Voucher Printing
Can I Print Account Names on the Check Voucher?
Yes. You can print names on the check voucher.
• Visit the Edit section and choose Preferences.
• After selecting the Checking option, hit the Company Preferences tab.
• Choose your preferred account names to be printed on the voucher and choose OK.
For Check/Paycheck which has not been in use for inventory purchases, the initial 16 lines of the account name shall be displayed. While Check/Paycheck which is in use for inventory purchases will show payroll item or inventory item.
What to do if I can View Forms but Unable to Print Pay Stubs on QuickBooks?
This might be caused by some troubleshooting errors. To resolve this, delete cookies and temp files to enhance your browser experiences.
Does QuickBooks Generate Pay Stubs?
Yes, QuickBooks prints pay stubs, and you have the choice to make them as a user. The subscription to Intuit Payroll services must be yours, though.