It is important to ensure that both you and your employees have copies of the W-3 forms at the end of the year. You might also need to print the W-2 or W-3 form or mail copies to the employees if you are manually filing the SSA/IRS. Your employees can view or print the W-2 copies for the previous or current year by inviting them to access QuickBooks Workforce. With the help of this blog, know how to print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
How to Print W-3 in QuickBooks Online Payroll?
The process for printing W-3 forms completely relies on whether you are using the automation option to pay and file the state and federal payroll taxes or whether you are filling the form yourself. Both options are covered in the discussion that follows, along with helpful instructions for printing your W-3 form. Read the below steps to know how to print W-3 in QuickBooks Online.
1. Automate Taxes and Forms Enabled
You must have activated the automatic taxes and forms features if you allowed QuickBooks to pay and file the state and federal payroll taxes. You can still reprint W-2 forms even though they will be sent to the employees from January 20 to the 31st. You can print the W-2 form for either the prior or current year.
- First, You have to go to the Taxes column.
- Now, You have to choose the option of Payroll Tax.
- Next, You have to click on the Filings option.
- Then you have to choose the Annual Forms option.
- You must now decide whether to print W-2 and W-3 forms for both the employee and employer.
Note: If you or your employees have made contributions to the retirement plan through a source other than QuickBooks Online, users may be prompted. Depending on your response, you can press either Yes or No.
- Repeat the first three procedures once again to get your W-3 form.
- You can choose the filing period by selecting it from the drop-down menu here.
- Once finished, Select View from the menu. With this, a new window titled Adobe Reader will open.
- Then you have to click on the Print button here.
- Now, Again you have to click the Print button again.
These instructions make printing the W-3 forms simple. When reprinting the form, you must type REISSUED STATEMENT if your employee misplaced it or did not receive it the first time. Don’t forget to include a W-2 instruction copy as well.
2. Automate Taxes and Forms Disabled
You must not use automated tax and form functions if you are paying and filing the form manually or electronically. Keep in mind that you must print and email the W-3 form to the employees before January 31.
Important Information: When printing the W-3 form, it is advised to purchase W-3 paper. Then, adjust the print settings so you can efficiently print the W-3 forms.
When you have everything you need for printing, proceed by following the directions above to print W-3 forms for the current year using QuickBooks Online. You can take these steps in QuickBooks Online to print the W-3 forms from the previous year:
- First, You have to go to the Taxes menu and then you have to choose the Payroll Tax option.
- Then you have to click on the Filings tab.
- After that, You have to choose the Archived Forms option.
- Using the Select the Period option you have to click the appropriate year.
- Now you have to choose Employee Copies or Employer Copies.
- Then you have to click the View button.
- Click the Print button when the Adobe Reader screen appears.
- At last, You have to hit the Print button again.
These instructions can be used to print W-3 forms for the current and past years in QuickBooks Online. To avoid any issues, be sure to prepare the W-3 form kit.
How to Print W-3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted?
Whether you print and mail the W-3 form yourself or have Intuit handle it depends on your choice. You will view both scenarios in more depth. The previous and current year W-3 forms are simple to print if you are using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted. Let’s look further into QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted W-3 printing features:
1. If Intuit Prints for You
The W-2 will be sent to the employees through email from January 20 through January 31 if you opt to have Intuit print the W-3 form for you. However, if necessary, you may still print the form again on plain paper through January 13. Look the actions that are mentioned below.
- First, you have to click on the Employees menu and then you have to click the option of Payroll Center.
- Then you have to switch to the section of File Forms.
- Now you have to choose the option to view or print W-3 forms.
- Then you have to add the payroll PIN and then you have to click the OK button.
- After that, You have to switch to the W-3s tab.
- Select the year you wish to print the form for.
- Choose the employee as well.
- Select Open/Save Selected from the menu now.
- The valid reason for printing the form is another option.
- Then you have to select File from Adobe Reader’s menu.
- At last, Press the print button.
When reprinting the form, you must type REISSUED STATEMENT if your employee misplaced it or did not receive it the first time. Don’t forget to include a W-2 instruction copy as well.
2. If You Print Yourself
Through January 31st, those who print and mail the forms themselves can mail the W-3 form to the employees. The only thing left to do is get the requirements ready. For example, you have to purchase W-2 paper in order to print the forms correctly. You can continue printing the W-3 form in QuickBooks Desktop for the previous or current year after you have the print paper ready. You can print your W-3 form with the help of the aforementioned steps.
How to Print W-3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard and Enhanced?
The W-3 form must be printed and sent to the employees by January 31. You must purchase the W-2 paper in order to print the W-2 or W-3 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard and Enhanced. This is done to avoid any issues with filing the form. You can purchase the W-2 form kit and envelopes through QuickBooks. Make sure QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the most recent version after setting up the form kit. Also, the payroll tax table needs to be updated.
After that, you may begin designing and printing W-3 forms. To print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced and Standard you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- First, You have to go to the Employees option.
- Then you have to choose Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s option.
- After that, You have to click on the Process Payroll Forms option.
- Then you have to go to the File Forms section.
- Scroll down and select Annual form W-3 (Wage & Tax Statement/Transmittal) from this menu.
- After that, You have to select Create Form from the menu.
- Choose the employees you want to file the form with now and add the year and then click on OK.
- Select the employees you want to print the form for now.
- Select Review from the menu. You will also “notice the checkmark for Reviewed W-2s” in the Reviewed section.
- Now select Submit Form from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit and print the form.
This is how QuickBooks Desktop allows you to create and print the W-3 form. When reprinting the form, you must type REISSUED STATEMENT if your employee misplaced it or did not receive it the first time. Don’t forget to add a W-2 instruction copy as well.
One of the important points at year’s end is printing the W-2 or W-3 form. They will send copies of your state and federal payroll tax payments and filings to you and your employees if you use the automated feature. On the other hand, if you choose to file your taxes manually, all you need to do is create and print the form using the W-2 kit you purchased. Hopefully, now you know how to print W-3 in QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Download W-3 from QuickBooks?
● Begin by going to the Taxes menu.
● Then you have to choose the Payroll Taxes tab.
● After that, select Annual Forms from the Forms section.
● Click on W-3 Forms and then click on View.
Is Form W-3 Printable in QuickBooks?
Forms W-2 and W-3 can be made into fill-in forms for submission to the SSA. You can print copies as well to distribute to your staff, file with state or municipal agencies, and keep them for your records.
Are W-3 and W-2 are Same?
The persons who fill out Form W-2 and Form W-3 are different from one another. Form W-2 must be filled out by employees, and Form W-3 must be completed by employers. W-2 and W-3 forms must be submitted by employers to the Social Security Administration by January 31 of each year.