It is important for every business owner to learn how to add or include clients to your business firm.
Acquiring a new client is great. Connecting with the clients via QuickBooks makes bookkeeping seamless and easy. You must include them in your business firm so that you have their relevant information. It is also possible to make direct changes to the accounts of clients directly, only when they invite you to be their accountant.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Here are the steps to add clients who are already equipped with QuickBooks Self-Employed or QuickBooks Online.
Furthermore, in this article, We will also talk about how to add or include clients who are completely new to the QuickBooks accounting software.
But prior to that, we must learn why it is important to set up or add clients to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Why it is Important to Add Clients to QuickBooks Online Accountants?
QuickBooks Online Accountant is considered one of the best business accounting software for small businesses since it enables you to set up and handle customer data competently to accelerate customer billing. After a customer profile has been prepared, their data will be included in invoices automatically, eliminating the requirement for any kind of manual data entry.
Not to mention, when you set up customer profiles in QuickBooks Online Accountant enables you to monitor customer activity and sales too. QuickBooks enables to you to issue reports that display your sales done by customer, enabling you to recognize your top clients and monitor their buying patterns, assisting you to customize the marketing strategy.
How to Add Clients Who have QuickBooks already?
In case your particular client already has QuickBooks Self-Employed or QuickBooks Online, request them to make them your accountant:
- Request your client to send the Invitation to the email address you access for your particular QuickBooks Online Accountant firm.
- Now open the email invite and choose the link for Accept Invitation.
- Log in with your User ID plus the password.
- In case you have more than one QuickBooks Online Accounting company, choose the one you wish to link your clients to.
When you acknowledge the invite and accept it, QuickBooks connects your firm to the accounts of the client and includes them to your list. Now, you will be able to check and make changes to the books of the clients.
How to Transfer Clients with Active QuickBooks Subscription to Your ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Plan?
In case you wish to have a client who wishes to become a part of your ProAdviser Preferred Pricing Plan, however, he/she already pays for the subscription, the steps mentioned below will help to transfer their subscription.
Note: In case your client has the products stated below, active or canceled, linked to their subscription with QuickBooks Online, it is possible to add them to your particular ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Program:
- QuickBooks Online Contractor Direct Deposit
- QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping
How to Add Clients Who are Completely New to QuickBooks?
You can add customers to your particular ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Plan or add customers who wish to pay for their own subscription plan.
How to Add Clients to Your ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Plan:
It is possible to add clients to your particular ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing plan and then subscribe to QuickBooks for them. It will enable you to select the products that are best as to your requirements. Here are the steps to add clients to your ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing plan:
- In the QuickBooks section, Choose ProAdvisor discount to include your client in your particular ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Plan.
- Check the available payroll products and QuickBooks products in every section. In case your client requires a payroll product, make sure it is a part of your ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing plan. They cannot buy and pay for their particular payroll plan.
- Choose the products you wish to subscribe your particular client to.
- If you wish to perform some admin work for your client, choose the checkbox for Make me the Primary Admin.
- When all is set, Press Save.
How to Add Clients Who wish to Pay for their own Subscription to QuickBooks?
It is possible to provide clients with a direct discount and allow them to manage their own subscriptions and billing.
- In the QuickBooks section, choose Direct Discount. It will provide your client with a discount, however, they will need to pay for their own QuickBooks subscription.
- If you wish to perform some admin work for your respective customer, choose the checkbox Make me Primary Admin.
- When all is set, Press Save.
QuickBooks links their accounts and includes them in your particular client list. It is possible to check and make edits to the particular books.
How to Add Clients Who do not use QuickBooks?
In case your particular client does not have QuickBooks, include them in your firm as it will help to keep all the information of your client in one place.
- In QuickBooks Online Account, Navigate to the Clients menu.
- Choose Add Client.
- Choose Individual or Business.
- Add the details of your client.
- In the Products section, choose No subscription.
- When all is done, Choose Save.
How to Delete a Client in QuickBooks Online?
It is not possible to delete a customer after you have utilized them in a particular transaction since doing so will delete the specific transaction and give rise to an error in your vital financial statements. But, it is possible for you to inactivate a particular customer if you do not wish to do business with them. Customers who have been inactivated will not be displayed in the Customer Center, however, they’ll still show in all the financial records where a transaction has taken place.
In order to inactivate a customer from the Customer Center:
- Choose the Customer.
- Now press on the drop-down arrow beside Create Invoice.
- Now choose Make Inactive.
We hope that this article has enlightened you about how to add clients to QuickBooks Online Accountants. We have mentioned how to add clients who have QuickBooks already, how to add clients who are completely new to QuickBooks, and how to add clients who do not use QuickBooks.
Still, if you have any queries regarding adding clients to QuickBooks, you can get in touch with our Dancing Numbers team of QuickBooks experts.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Details I Require to Set up a New Customer in QuickBooks Online?
You will require the name of the customer, the shipping address, and billing address, email address, and phone number. It is a great idea to add any extra information like their preferred payment process and payment terms.
Is it Possible to Import Customer Data into QuickBooks Online?
Yes. It is possible to import customer data into QuickBooks Online. It can be done from an Excel, CSV, or Google Sheets file. In order to do so, you need to:
- Navigate to the Customer tab.
- Now press on the Import Customer tab.