After the installation of “Dancing Numbers”, it is required to connect and authorize “Dancing Numbers” so that it can communicate with QuickBooks Desktop.
To get the benefits of Dancing Number’s awesome features such as Import, Export and Delete it is very much needed to have a successful connection and authorization between “Dancing Numbers” and QuickBooks Desktop.
Below mentioned steps are available to build successful connection and authorization between “Dancing Numbers” and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open your QuickBooks and wait until it is initializing
- It is advisable to close any other window in QB Desktop
- Dancing Numbers is able to work only with one QuickBooks company file at one time
- If there are multiple company files open, close them immediately
- User also need ADMIN privileges in QuickBooks to connect and authorize “Dancing Numbers”
- Although, you can run “Dancing Numbers” without any ADMIN privileges
- Click “Dancing Numbers (Desktop)” icon to open it
- Select IMPORT, EXPORT or DELETE options available on home screen as per the requirements.
- Clicking of either any options opens a new window of QuickBooks
- The new window shows the messages as “Yes, Whenever this company file is open” or “Yes. Always allow access even if QuickBooks is not running”. You need to select any one of them
Step 3 (Optional):
- To import Credit Card information in to QuickBooks, you are required to Select “Allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Number and customer credit card information“.
- Finally, click Continue button. When confirmation window comes, click “Done”
- You are required to repeat this process for every QuickBooks company file to work with “Dancing Numbers (Desktop)”