Property managers and landlords who wanted to save time, earn more money, and expand their portfolios established DoorLoop. They made the decision to build it themselves after seeing there was no simple, inexpensive, all-in-one software to assist them. With $30M in capital, a top-notch team, and five-star reviews all over the internet, DoorLoop is revolutionizing property management while also granting property managers more freedom than ever.
You receive more with DoorLoop than just an all-in-one tool to make managing your properties simpler and less stressful. Additionally, you receive a quick and simple to use QuickBooks Online integration that you can have up and running in no time. Each time you make a change on your DoorLoop dashboard, QuickBooks Online will update accordingly.
Even better, DoorLoop is one of the few property management programs that integrates with QuickBooks and has a complete accounting suite, including bank account synchronization and reconciliation. Your income and expenses are instantly synced with any bank account by DoorLoop using Plaid, and DoorLoop then automatically categorizes them. In order to provide you the flexibility to use both, it not only offers a QuickBooks link but also includes strong accounting features.
When comparing apples-to-apples (or features-for-features) among the solutions on our list, DoorLoop has the most straightforward pricing structure and the lowest cost. Most of DoorLoop’s capabilities are included on the Starter plan, which costs just $59 per month for up to 20 units. You can use a professional IDX-based website, an owner portal, and bank reconciliations if you upgrade to the $119 Pro plan for up to 20 units. For $179 per month for a maximum of 20 units, their top-tier Premium plan includes: Web portal connectivity, API access, and an add-on for Gmail and Microsoft Outlook.
QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online Overview
One of the most extensively utilized accounting software options is Intuit QuickBooks. QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop are the two available versions; each has different features, plans, and advantages and disadvantages. One is significantly more expensive than the other, and depending on the situation, the cheaper choice can be preferable.
While you may access QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop is more traditional accounting software that you download and install on your computer. The annual cost for the desktop version is $349.99, while the monthly cost for the cloud-based version is $15. Both versions feature mobile apps; however the desktop version’s app serves largely as a means of uploading receipts.
Businesses that are familiar with accounting and don’t require real-time cooperation are best served by QuickBooks Desktop. When using the QuickBooks Desktop version, it is immediately downloaded to your PC. This implies there is no need to worry about a connection problem and the data functions as quickly as your computer. This raises yet another significant problem with the desktop program. Every person who wishes to access the account concurrently must pay an extra charge.
QuickBooks Online is a web-based accounting application that manages every area of the company’s financial side. It is possible to utilize the software for a variety of tasks, including bookkeeping, payroll, invoice management, bank reconciliation, expense monitoring, financial reporting, tax administration, and more.
You can access QuickBooks Online, a cloud-based accountancy program, online. Businesses that require real-time collaboration and access to their QuickBooks file from any device should use QuickBooks Online. The Online mobile app is feature-rich. Multiple users can access the account simultaneously using the online version. QuickBooks Online provides more functions while travelling and is a better value overall. If you don’t require the more sophisticated capabilities included in the Desktop subscription, the online version will cost less.
The only payment options available when registering for QuickBooks Online are monthly payments. However, you can convert to yearly billing to save 10% once you’ve signed up by going to your account settings. Receipt capture, QuickBooks support, and more than 650 app interfaces with programs like PayPal, Square, and Shopify are features included in all online plans. With the Online version, up to 25 users may access your account via the cloud for a cost per user, up to 40 users.
Need of Doorloop and QuickBooks Integration
However, QuickBooks is still excellent for handling your business’ accounting, such as employee payroll and taxes or overhead. For handling your real estate accounting, use DoorLoop. Sync DoorLoop with QuickBooks if you want the best of both worlds (as most accountants do).
With just one click, all of your data can be synced from DoorLoop to QuickBooks instantly. Some things are either not possible or call for time-consuming workarounds because QuickBooks Online wasn’t actually designed for property management. Printing checks will take 1-2 minutes per property, for instance, if you need to pay a plumber for fixing 10 properties. For instance, DoorLoop allows you to print all 10 checks with a single click.
Make Taxes Simple
By exporting any report to Excel, syncing with QuickBooks, and inviting your accountant for free, you can satisfy your accountants and simplify tax season.
No Time to Waste
Delete the double data entry. For flawless one-click sync, data is mapped as nearly as possible between DoorLoop and QuickBooks.
Update Your Bank Transactions
With Plaid’s bank sync, you may download, classify, and reconcile transactions from your bank or credit card.
Key Advantages of Doorloop
- Complete Accounting Package: It is a complete accounting package that Includes custom accounting, bank account syncing, and more. With accounting features that are as powerful as they are simple to use, you can run custom reports, monitor all of your cash flow, and make data-driven choices.
- System for Managing Maintenance: You can utilize the app to accept maintenance requests from tenants, issue and update work orders, allocate them to vendors, and pay those suppliers all from a single location. With an intuitive web gateway, you can keep your tenants and vendors satisfied and ensure that nothing gets missed.
- Tenant Portal and Communication Tools: Improve your capacity to collect rent and more of it by communicating with tenants more simply using a variety of channels from a single dashboard and providing tenants with a convenient location to pay rent and other recurring expenses. You don’t need to use DoorLoop. Get renters to pay you on the first of each month, automatically. Spend less time collecting and more time making money.
- Owner Portal: Provide yourself with a convenient location to manage all owner-related matters, including printing checks and special reports, so that you can keep everything organized and in its proper position. With an owner portal, reports, distributions, and complete transparency, you can keep your owners and investors satisfied.
- Marketing and Leasing Instruments: You can use the valuable tools for leasing and marketing, such as eLeasing, sample lease agreements, screening instruments, and more. Find new owners or renters more quickly, fill vacant spaces in record time, screen tenants, gather applications from your website, and electronically sign lease agreements.
- Handy Mobile App Version: It has a handy mobile app version that makes it simple for you to monitor everything while you’re on the go. Thousands of properties are managed, expanded, and automated by DoorLoop’s property management software across more than 100 nations.
Working of Doorloop and QuickBooks Integration
- When a customer first activates the QuickBooks integration, DoorLoop will sync all of the customer’s transactions. Only transactions dated after the Start Date will be synced to QuickBooks if a Start Date has been entered.
- Going forward, a transaction in DoorLoop will sync to QuickBooks every time it is made, edited, or removed.
- The other objects involved in the transaction will likewise sync to QuickBooks as DoorLoop syncs transactions to QuickBooks.
- When we sync a lease charge, for instance, we also generate customers for the lease and property that are related to the transaction, as well as accounts and items for each line item in the charge.
- The connectivity is a one-way process solely because of constraints in the way QuickBooks manages its data. This means that QuickBooks will only sync data from DoorLoop.
- Neither new transactions nor modifications to existing transactions from QuickBooks will be synced back to DoorLoop. Additionally, if a transaction made by DoorLoop is changed in DoorLoop again after you make changes to it in QuickBooks, DoorLoop will overwrite your changes.
- Each Property in DoorLoop is set up in QuickBooks as a customer. Then, every DoorLoop lease is included as a sub-customer (job) for the property.
- Additionally, Sync DoorLoop classes to QuickBooks. Make sure your DoorLoop property names perfectly match any QuickBooks classes that have previously been created for your properties.
- It is strongly advised that you verify the account names and types in DoorLoop match those in QuickBooks if your Charts of Accounts have previously been set up there.
- If another account already exists in QuickBooks with the same kind and name, DoorLoop will refrain from establishing new ones.
- DoorLoop will use QuickBooks Classes to enable you to run distinct reports for every individual property. This must be enabled and is only supported by the QuickBooks Online Plus edition and higher.
- To prevent DoorLoop from syncing historical data that may have already been entered into the client’s QuickBooks account, think about utilizing a “Start Date”.
- Keep your DoorLoop account names unique. If you have a “Water” expenditure account and a “Water” revenue account, for instance, name them differently, such as “Water expense” and “Water revenue.”
- Negative bank deposits are not supported by QuickBooks. DoorLoop occasionally makes a negative deposit, for instance when a payment is returned. Once it reaches your bank account, you must then create it as an expense in QuickBooks.
- Allocating payments to specific invoice or bill line items is not supported by QuickBooks. Since QuickBooks does not support allocation by individual line items, the allocation will be applied to all line items of a given charge or bill even if DoorLoop allows you to designate which line items to allocate each lease and vendor bill payment to.
- The DoorLoop deposit will not sync if you generate deposits in QuickBooks and link transactions from DoorLoop to those deposits, and then you create deposits in DoorLoop and link the same items. This is because QuickBooks does not permit us to attach a previously deposited item to a new deposit transaction.
Steps for Doorloop and QuickBooks Integration
You can sync your data from DoorLoop with QuickBooks thanks to the connectivity that DoorLoop offers. Data from DoorLoop syncs into QuickBooks in a one-way manner. This means that if you don’t want to use DoorLoop’s accounting tools, you may use QuickBooks instead.
- Click QuickBooks Sync in the Company area by going to Settings in the left-hand column.
- Turn on the DoorLoop to QuickBooks Data Sync option.
- To restrict which transactions will be uploaded to QuickBooks, You can set a sync start date. After the start date, transactions will be pushed.
- When you click save, a QuickBooks login page will appear where you can link your QuickBooks Online account.
- Once logged in, You may use QuickBooks to search your records for the synced DoorLoop transactions.
Due to this post, you can now specify what you mean by “Doorloop and QuickBooks integration.” Users are encouraged to link their QuickBooks and Doorloop accounts by the information on the page. If you still need assistance, ask our IT specialists for help. Because of these, QuickBooks and Doorloop will be easier to use and comprehend. You can always rely on our professionals for support.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
DoorLoop and QuickBooks Online are Synced. Is the sync one-way?
Yes, There is a one-way sync between DoorLoop and QuickBooks. Only transactions from one firm will be routed from DoorLoop to QuickBooks (you cannot create two books in DoorLoop and route them to two books in QuickBooks; the sync is one-to-one).
Does QuickBooks include a Property Management System?
The quick response is “yes,” while the lengthy response is “no.” QuickBooks may be useful if you have a few different units. Things start to get difficult and costly once you start growing your rental portfolio. In QuickBooks, every property or LLC is seen as having a separate QB (QuickBooks) license. This implies that you will be required to pay for 10 licenses if you own 10 properties divided among 10 LLCs.
Are the Fields Required to be Mapped to QuickBooks?
No. You have already been given a detailed blueprint of everything. A “Customer” is created in QuickBooks for each “Property” in DoorLoop, for instance. As “Sub-customers (jobs)” for the property, all DoorLoop leases are subsequently added. Additionally, the “Classes” from DoorLoop are synchronized to Quickbooks as “Properties.”
How can You prevent Inputting the Same Data twice in DoorLoop and QuickBooks?
By designating a “Start Date” for when transactions will be synchronized across, you can achieve this. This is carried out in order to prevent DoorLoop from double-syncing any historical data that may already be present in your QuickBooks account.