As we all are aware that to install QuickBooks on any system, we need to complete the license number and product code for the purpose of software validation. The code that is secret comprises the details that are usually encrypted and highly secured. You may locate some problems while including the QuickBooks license in order to activate the software. Such errors arise when the particular encrypted files go missing or damaged.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
In today’s article, We will talk about how to fix QuickBooks Desktop Product License errors. It is a known issue and can be resolved with ease with the assistance of some troubleshooting steps.
Understand QuickBooks License Error after Clone
The process of QuickBooks installation needed the product code and license number for the completion of the validation process. The information contains in the QuickBooks file is always encoded and when this encrypted file is damaged or not available the QuickBooks license error occurs.
Even though there can be several reasons why you may not be able to register or install your particular QuickBooks Desktop product, one of the most common reasons is product or license mismatch.
Such mismatches arise when the product and license codes are not the same. The license is not the same as your customer account. It can also be that your product code and activation code are not the same or maybe both are different.
One of the possible ways that this can arise is when you edit your product, however, the license number stays the same. For instance, say you are using a 10-user QuickBooks Enterprise silver version, however, you have to update to a 30-user QuickBooks User Platinum version. When the license number may stay the same, the product code must definitely alter.
However, Enterprise may be installed into your system with the right license number along with the Silver version product ID. Now when you accompany it with the license server at Intuit, you will receive a license mismatch since your products, in your particular products must be now on the Platinum version product ID.
There are few tips and tricks which are helpful to solve the problem:
Now let’s take a look at some of the tips and tricks that you need to adhere to when you try to resolve the issue.
The QuickBooks Desktop License Error can be fixed by deleting the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml which may be corrupted. By conducting this particular task, you will be able to fix the errors mentioned below:
- Reconfiguration Error of QuickBooks desktop
- Disabled Online Sync License Data
- QuickBooks Error: You are required to subscribe to Accountant’s Copy File Transfer Service
- Error Code 3771: Could not Initialize License Properties
- QuickBooks Error Message: QuickBooks is not registered. After this issue, user is unable to use online banking.
Know the Causes for the License Error During the QuickBooks Activation
Check out the possible reasons due to which QuickBooks license error after clone appears:
- When the MSXML component and dat is damaged which are essential to run QuickBooks desktop
- Dat file is an installation file which detain the license information. The license information contains by the file is validated before the QuickBooks starts. When the QR registration dot delete file is either damaged or corrupt, the QuickBooks open the QuickBooks will not open
- The MSXML component is a characteristic of Microsoft which is helpful to the QuickBooks to recover or retrieve the details/information in the Qbregistration.dat, and thereby allows the QuickBooks to start
- While the OS (operating system) of your computer is outdated
- While QuickBooks file files are blocked by systems security or antivirus problem
- Make sure that cube go is saved before importing it
Important Points to Consider Before Resolving QB License Error after Cloning
- You can contact Support to verify if you have a valid product registration key.
- Make sure you make a backup of your QuickBooks company file before moving QuickBooks from one computer to another.
- If you are getting the error after cloning a company, try running QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Make sure both of your computers have the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks License Error After Cloning (LICENSE ERROR)
Checkout this is a dramatic step to resolve the QuickBooks license error after the clone
- First, close the QuickBooks desktop application
- After that, ensure the entire QuickBooks process has stopped
- Now hit the Control+Shift+Esc keys to on your keyboard
- Navigate the task manager
- In the processes list you are required to look for the instances of exe
- After that, you are required to close the instance and hit the end task
- Go to the entitlement data folder
- In the first step, you are required to Navigate to run
- After that, go to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\V8 (or V6) and press “Enter Key”
- Then Perform right – click on the “ecml file” and choose “Delete” button
- Once the ecml file deleted, open the company file and registered the application
Other Alternate Method
There is an alternate method that is also helpful to solve QuickBooks license error after clone:
If you are not able to fix the QuickBooks license error after clone from the above-given steps then, here is another way to fix your issue follow the steps given here. You are required to make sure that QuickBooks installation does not damage by updating the Windows operating system, to do so you are required to follow the below steps given:
- Firstly, Update your Windows operating system to ensure that your QuickBooks desktop installation does not damage. To do so, follow the given step choose the windows all programs and Windows Update.
- Select windows all programs Windows update.
- Once you are done installing the updates, next install QuickBooks.
- If nothing works, then. Reinstall QuickBooks using clean installation tool.
- Finally, hit install QuickBooks when all the updates are installed
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Product License Errors
We will talk about how to fix QuickBooks Desktop Product License errors. It is a known issue and can be resolved with ease with the assistance of some troubleshooting steps.
Step 1: Change the qbregistration.dat file
- Open Your Particular QuickBooks Software.
- Now on your keyboard, click F2. You can also press Ctrl+1. Now click F3 or press Ctrl+2. This will open the Tech Help screen.
- Choose QBREGISTRATION.DAT on the particular Open File tab. Now choose Open File.
- The particular file will open in your Notepad.
- Take a backup of the particular qbregistration.dat file. QuickBooks will not open right in case there is any kind of typo present in the file. This particular step is highly crucial.
- From the available Notepad File menu. Choose Save As.
- Choose Desktop in the Save As Screen and then choose Save.
- Select the File.
- Now open the file again from the particular Tech Help screen.
- Now close QuickBooks, However, try to keep the qbregistation.dat file open in your Notepad.
Step 2: Now Edit the qbregistration.dat File
- In your Notepad, Choose Edit and now then click Ctrl + H in the given qbregistration.dat file.
- Enter your previous product number in the field for Find What and then change it with the latest one in the given Replace With field. Use the set-up xxx-xxx when you add the product number.
- Choose Replace All.
- Now choose File and then press Save and then close the particular file.
Step 3: Finally, Verify Your product code
- Open your QuickBooks software.
- Now on your given keyboard, click F2 to show the Product Information screen.
- Verify the Product number field to ensure the product code is updated
- In case the Product Code failed to change, you need to start your computer. In case the previous product code is active still even after the system has been rebooted, you will need to eliminate it and then install QuickBooks again.
How to Fix QuickBooks License Error After Cloning?
Here are the systematic steps to fix the QuickBooks license issue post-cloning:
Method 1: Terminate the Task Manager
The user can attempt to conduct the steps given below by navigating to the task manager and terminating the unwanted tasks to delete such kind of issues in QuickBooks.
- First the user requires to switch off the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now click Shift + Ctrl + Esc keys
- Now open the Task Manager
- It will open a process list
- Now press right-click on the process and choose End Task.
- Now navigate tot the Entitlement data folder
- Now press on the Run option.
- Now enter the file destination C: \ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6). Press the enter key on the given keyboard.
- Now press right-click on the particular ECML file and choose Delete.
- Now delete the ECML file and open the particular Company File and now register the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Update Windows
You can simply update the Windows operating system to fix such a problem in QuickBooks. Often, due to an outdated operating system, such an error can be triggered.
Method 3: Update Your QuickBooks with Latest Release
- The user must launch QuickBooks Desktop
- Now press the Help menu
- Once completed, now choose the option, Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now a list of versions will come up
- Choose the latest version that has critical fixes
- Now the update is finished. Now reboot the system.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- The user will need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub software.
- Now launch the tool by pressing the Desktop icon
- Now from the Home page available, go to the Programs tab.
- Now press on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- The file doctor will begin.
- It will categorize and delete the issue perfectly.
Method 5: Begin a QuickBooks Clean Install
- First, You need to launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Now go to the Installation Issues tab provided on the left pane.
- Now press the Clean Install tool button.
- The clean installation will start.
Method 6: Give the QuickBooks Admin Rights
- First, Press right-click the icon for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, Navigate to the option, Run as Administrator option. If a warning message appears, choose Yes.
We hope that this article was very helpful to you in fixing QuickBooks Desktop Product License errors. We have highlighted all the possible causes and solutions concerning this error.
Still, If you seek professional guidance or an expert opinion, we highly recommend that you get in touch with our Dancing Numbers team of experts for the best help.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Get a License Number for the Purpose of Free Trials?
It must be noted that accessing QuickBooks for a free trial does not seek a license number. Anyone can use the free trial version for a period of 30 days, however, after 30 days, a license number will be needed.
Where the QuickBooks License File is saved?
The QuickBooks license file can be seen at C:/Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\INET.
Do I have to use my QuickBooks Account on that Another Computer after Fixing the QuickBooks License Error after close?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks on another computer, but firstly you take all your data to a new computer and remove QuickBooks from an old computer. This assists you to utilize the license & other relevant information appropriately without occurring of any error.
Do we Need to have the Backup and later Update the QuickBooks Prior to Choosing the Solution to fix the QuickBooks License Error Post Clones?
The backup is important so just do the backup before doing anything into your computer account into your Facebook QuickBooks account. Once the updation is done QuickBooks to the latest version. Then, if anything happens to your data do restore it. If everything goes well then you keep going. The updating resolves many issues, problems, or errors.