As we all know that to install QuickBooks on any computer system, we are required to fill out the product code and license number for software installation. The secret quote that consists of the information is always encrypted and very secured. There might be some issues while adding the QuickBooks license to turn on your software. This error occurs when the corrupted files get damaged or missing.
In this module, we will cover and discuss the QuickBooks license error that comes after cloning. This is a common error and can be fixed easily with the help of a few troubleshooting steps. However, our QuickBooks enterprise support team is always there for you.
Know the Features of QuickBooks Desktop
Some features of QuickBooks are mentioned below:
- Tax filing
- Online payments
- Generate invoice
- Generate employees payroll
- Create expense, income and purchase report
Understand QuickBooks License Error after Clone
The process of QuickBooks installation needed the product code and license number for the completion of the validation process. The information contains in the QuickBooks file is always encoded and when this encrypted file is damaged or not available the QuickBooks license error occurs.
There are few tips and tricks which are helpful to solve the problem:
The error of the QuickBooks license can be solved by detaching the file entitlementdatasource.ecml which might be vandalized. Once this task is performed by you, the following problems or errors can be resolved:
- Reconfiguration error of QuickBooks desktop
- Disabled online sync license data
- QuickBooks Error: You are required to subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service
- Error Code 3771: could not initialize license properties
- QuickBooks Error Message: QuickBooks is not registered. After this issue, user is unable to use online banking.
Know the Causes for the License Error During the QuickBooks Activation
Check out the possible reasons due to which QuickBooks license error after clone appears:
- When the MSXML component and dat is damaged which are essential to run QuickBooks desktop
- Dat file is an installation file which detain the license information. The license information contains by the file is validated before the QuickBooks starts. When the QR registration dot delete file is either damaged or corrupt, the QuickBooks open the QuickBooks will not open
- The MSXML component is a characteristic of Microsoft which is helpful to the QuickBooks to recover or retrieve the details/information in the Qbregistration.dat, and thereby allows the QuickBooks to start
- While the OS (operating system) of your computer is outdated
- While QuickBooks file files are blocked by systems security or antivirus problem
- Make sure that cube go is saved before importing it
Steps to Fix QuickBooks License Error After Cloning (LICENSE ERROR)
Checkout this is a dramatic step to resolve the QuickBooks license error after the clone
- First, close the QuickBooks desktop application
- After that, ensure the entire QuickBooks process has stopped
- Now hit the control + shift + Esc keys to on your keyboard
- Navigate the task manager
- In the processes list you are required to look for the instances of exe
- After that, you are required to close the instance and hit the end task
- Go to the entitlement data folder
- In the first step, you are required to Navigate to run
- After that, go to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\V8 (or V6) and press “enter key”
- Then Perform right – click on the “ecml file” and choose “delete” button
- Once the ecml file deleted, open the company file and registered the application
There is an alternate method that is also helpful to solve QuickBooks license error after clone:
If you are not able to fix the QuickBooks license error after clone from the above-given steps then, here is another way to fix your issue follow the steps given here. You are required to make sure that QuickBooks installation does not damage by updating the Windows operating system, to do so you are required to follow the below steps given:
- Firstly, Update your Windows operating system to ensure that your QuickBooks desktop installation does not damage. To do so, follow the given step choose the windows all programs and Windows Update.
- Select windows all programs Windows update.
- Once you are done installing the updates, next install QuickBooks.
- If nothing works, then. Reinstall QuickBooks using clean installation tool.
- Finally, hit install QuickBooks when all the updates are installed
Apply all the above-mentioned steps in a consecutive manner to resolve the QuickBooks license error after clone. We have tried our best to cover the maximum information for you to make the process simple and easier. However, if you are still unable to tackle the problem and face challenges even after going through this article then, please do not hesitate to reach out to our experts.
Do I have to use my QuickBooks account on that another computer after fixing the QuickBooks license error after close?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks on another computer, but firstly you take all your data to a new computer and remove QuickBooks from an old computer. This assists you to utilize the license & other relevant information appropriately without occurring of any error.
Do we need to have the backup and later update the QuickBooks prior to choosing the solution to fix the QuickBooks license error post clones?
The backup is important so just do the backup before doing anything into your computer account into your Facebook QuickBooks account. Once the updation is done QuickBooks to the latest version. Then, if anything happens to your data do restore it. If everything goes well then you keep going. The updating resolves many issues, problems, or errors.