When using QuickBooks, users may need to print several numbers of documents like reports, checks, invoices, etc. However, often the QuickBooks Print and Preview not working error gets triggered and you cannot print the documents needed.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Several users have reported that they are attempting to press the Print and Preview button, however, nothing works or the particular QuickBooks Print and Preview button turns unresponsive. This particular problem can occur because of several issues and can impact users in many ways.
In this article, we will assist you in understanding how to fix this common QuickBooks error with ease.
What are the Basic Error Messages During Printing in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is a big application that can experience several kinds of technical errors. These are some of the basic common error messages that users can experience when printing their documents:
- QuickBooks is not Responding
- You cannot print to the QuickBooks PDF Converter directly
- Unable to save .PDF file
- Error: QuickBooks cannot complete the present action because of a missing component. Missing PDF file component
- PDF Converter shows offline
- The device is not ready
- QuickBooks failed to save your reports or form as a .PDF
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Preview and Print Buttons Not Working Errors?
There can be a variety of factors preventing you from printing a document in QuickBooks. These are some of the most common.
Take a look at the possible factors that can trigger this issue:
- There is a problem with the files or Adobe software.
- In the event that the printer is offline or not working properly.
- Any online activity can also be hampered by cookies and cache data in the web browser.
- Misconfigured printer settings or incomplete installation.
What are the Few Pointers to Keep in Mind Before Fixing The Printing Error?
Before shifting to the section that talks about the troubleshooting steps, it is imperative that you carry out the following preliminary checks:
- First of all, make sure that you are working on an updated version of QuickBooks
- To support the latest versions of Adobe documents, make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your device.
- If the needed printing drivers are not saved on your system, you will not be able to print successfully any document. For the drivers, check with the company of your device
- After Windows and QuickBooks are updated, navigate to the website for Adobe in order to download the recent changes
How to Fix QuickBooks Print and Preview Not Working Error?
Are your QuickBooks checks not able to Print and Preview? Here are some of the easy ways to fix this issue in no time:
Solution 1: Conduct an Quick Repair on Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader
The majority of the problems that occur in QuickBooks when printing can be fixed if you resolve Adobe utilizing the inbuilt repair tool in Windows. Here are the steps to do it:
- On your device, end all the active tasks that are running, including Adobe.
- Now navigate to the Windows icon.
- Open the Start menu. Now enter Control Panel in the given search bar.
- Press on the Control Panel. It will direct you to a New Window.
- Now, click on the tab, Programs and Features. Now select between Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Click the Change or Uninstall button. Now in the Setup dialog prompt box, click Next.
- When the program requests you to select between Remove or Repair, you need to choose Repair.
- Click Next. Now click the Install tab.
- Wait till the repair process is working. Press on Finish. Now restart your system.
- Reopen your QuickBooks software and then attempt to print the document once more.
Solution 2: Make sure the Printer Connected is not Offline
It is better to check your printer again for any kind of problems inside it. Any kind of issue in the printer can lead to an issue in printing any particular document:
- Open your Notepad and enter anything. It is a Printer test.
- Now press the File button. Now click Print and then choose Active Printer.
- In case the text is printed precisely, everything is fine. Or else you need to implement the steps given below.
- Now you must Restart the printer and see if the paper is fixed in the tray in the right manner.
- Click on the keys Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Enter Control Panel and press the button for OK.
- In the next screen, choose Hardware and Sound and then choose the option, Devices and Printers.
- Click on the icon for Printer and authenticate if it shows the text, “Printer is Online“. In case it does not press on it.
- Next, press on the printer twice, and from the menu, choose the option, “Cancel all Documents“.
- Now start your printer once more and attempt to print your document.
Solution 3: Configure the particular Document Settings in your Web Browser
Several times, your particular web browser, for instance, Google Chrome, may restrict complete access to Adobe Documents. It is possible to change these settings via the steps given below:
- Open Google Chrome. Now click the Three Dots which are visible on the top-right side of the window.
- From the menu for drop-down, choose Settings.
- Now navigate to the left side of the window and click on the option, Security and Privacy.
- Go down to the Site Settings option. Now navigate to the section for Additional Permissions.
- Now Turn off the button and then shut the screen.
- You now can print with ease and successfully.
Solution 4: Run the Print and PDF Repair tool with the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub
The main objective of the PDF and Print repair tool is to remove the common printing issues that occur in QuickBooks, with the help of the following steps:
- Close all the applications and then download the current QuickBooks Tool Hub update from the website of Intuit.
- Now save the download QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from a location that is easy to access.
- Click on the file twice and then start the installation procedure.
- Post this, open the Tool Hub on your window.
- Click the tab for Programs Problems and click the QuickBooks button PDF and Print Repair Tool.
- Now allow the tool to diagnose and repair the problems that arise when attempting to print the document.
- Once it is finished, exit from the window and then attempt to print once more.
Solution 5: Print the Sales Form in QuickBooks Online
In case you wish to print the sales form and somehow QuickBooks Online is not functioning properly, then move ahead with the help of the steps given below:
- First, you need to press the Sales tab.
- Now choose the option for All Sales Option and then open the Sales Transaction in question.
- You have to choose Print or Preview once more after you selected Preview or Print once.
- Now click the Print button.
- You need to click on the option, More Settings when the windows appear in front of you.
- Choose the Paper-size drop-down menu and then select the Letter.
- Now unselect the option, Fit to Page, and see if the scaling is at 100.
- Now you can press on Print.
After reading this article, we hope that now you are clear on how to fix the QuickBooks Print and Preview not working error.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Why the QuickBooks Invoices are printed with information that is lacking
QuickBooks can often print incomplete invoices, and it can be due to data entry issues. You must check your invoices for accuracy and review the print preview to make sure all needed information is added.
Is it Possible to Print Several Copies of a Report or invoice in QuickBooks Simultaneously?
Yes. It is possible to print multiple copies of a report or invoice in QuickBooks simultaneously. QuickBooks provides you with the leverage to print several copies of reports and invoices together.
What is the PDF Repair Tool in QuickBooks?
It is a tool that is created to repair problems in Microsoft companies that are experienced when you are attempting to print while using the Print features of QuickBooks. It is like a diagnostic tool for the Printer Repair Tool and PDF Repair Tool.