Certified Payroll Report is an imperative report generated under QuickBooks Payroll. To generate the report, we need to get the knowledge on what is the internal process and how it works? What are the related functions that allow us to create the report? Here we are giving you the guidance that how we can start using the reports in QuickBooks in simple steps mentioned below.
There are various projects taken up by the companies in which the funds are obtained through public. Under this the employer has to provide the worker with prevailing wages at rate decided under wages contract. To get the details for the same, employer has to prepare certified payroll report for every payroll period.
Certified Payroll Report works as the alternative to the employer. The report have all the details regarding the company, related to the project, worker’s name and social security number’s last four digit along with the job description.
The report can also give information on the number of hours entered by the worker, rate of their pay, gross wages and net pay along with subtraction of taxes and other funds mentioned in the contract.We need to print the report at the end, and then it required to get signed by the authorized person of the company to ensure authenticity of the report.
Requirements for Certified Payroll Report:
Here we are assuming that the user has an active and updated subscription of QuickBooks software.
User needs to ensure that following requirements are met completely toextract the working Certified Payroll Report:
- User must complete the updated version of Microsoft Excel. If they are using the testing version, they need to ascertain that trial period has not expired yet.
- Use the QuickBooks Desktop time tracking column.
3. System Requirements
- You have to create the template according to your requirement, you can take help from several resources available on web.
- Download and use the extracted file
- Then have a look on the illustrative file
Also, there is another option available for you:
- You need to use the software that is fully compatible with it and give you the Certified Payroll records in the required format.
Create QuickBooks Certified Payroll Report:
We need to enter the time by working hours job time for each worker using the payroll items that employer uses to pay his workers. That would be better if they can enter time and then pay the workers using that time so that the time records and hours are paid together.
User can use the same report which was prepared earlier however, they will have to update their daily hours directly on the report. In case of any doubt please refer to the QuickBooks Payroll Job Report.
Below are a few steps mentionedto create the Certified Payroll Report inQuickBooks:
You need to gather all the information and consider it while working on the Certified Payroll Report in QuickBooks:
- It is required to generate Timesheets once in a week for prompt record of wages.
- Timesheets must have to match with the classes mentioned on the paychecks.
- Also make sure that you have created a payroll once in a week and have included their validated payroll job on their paychecks. This occurs when time tracking starts automatically.
- User’s paychecks employee earnings will categorize after the name of their work.
Let’s take an example, user use hourly items with names like Plumber, Electrician, or Labor for their work classification codes.
- If any labor/worker worked overtime, then the user has to pay the employees with the actual Overtime Earnings field, not just a regular item named overtime. One has to look into the report to evidence if they are using a special overtime item by editing the item from their Payroll Items list and look into the particular Overtime slide. If it does not appear, the transaction is not an overtime transaction.
To generate the certified Payroll Report with help of QuickBooks we need to follow the below- mentioned steps: Total Time required to generate the report is twelve minutes approx:
Step 1: Go the Menu “Report“.
Step 2: Select the option Employees and Payroll Report.
Step 3: Click on More Payroll Reports in Excel.
Step 4: Click on New! Certified Payroll Report.
Step 5: Enable Macros, if required excel base report.
Step 6: Click on the continue tab to fill the Pay Date.
Step 7: Click on Next.
Step 8: Enter the Employer Information.
Step 9: Enter the relevant information on the screen of Project Information such as Project Name and Last Date of Work.
Step 10: Feed the required information on the next appeared screen.
Step 11: Select the option Create Report.
The above information regarding the Certified Payroll Report helps you to successfully generate the report. However, if in case of any issues, user can call the experts helpline number of the supporting team who are proficient in tackling all sorts of QuickBooks payroll issues.
Need Some One on One QuickBooks Assistance?
What is the Frequency to Submit the Certified Payroll Records?
Payroll records can be submitted on the monthly basis after the ending of the payroll period. It can be more frequently like once in a week.
Who Has To Submit The Certified Payroll Records?
All the contractors and the sub-contractors who are working on the projects which are the public ones must have to submit the certified payroll records. Contractors need to submit the records to the concerned Labor Commissioner.
Is it necessary to Review the Payroll Record Prior to Submission?
Yes, it is a most important thing that you should review the record by using the navigation tools that helps you to catch if there is any issue, you can also edit the record if there is any issue arise in the findings. Once you sign it without review and any issue will arise you won’t be able to make the necessary changes.