QuickBooks seems to be the next trendy name for every small or big company which is in need of a perfect accounting system in place. Though it is well equipped with all the advanced features, there still will be times when it will face some technical issues. Learn causes and solution steps for QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Sometimes, you may notice that some of the names, accounts, items, or entries are missing or appear to be blank in several areas of the QuickBooks Desktop. The best way to handle this is to resolve the possible data damage. But do not worry, QuickBooks issue can seem a little bigger as it has all the data specific files. However, these can be easily fixed with quick solutions.
QuickBooks helped you with several lists to track all the business transactions and business investment activities. It entails lists of business transactions about Customers, vendors, accounts, employees and items. If it has the issue of missing names, this can meddle up things a bit. This situation can be too much, when it comes to official finance data. But, do not worry, there is nothing in the world that does not have a solution or cannot be fixed.
Whenever you see this type of error, an error message will pop up and say, “We are Sorry! QuickBooks is unable to open your chosen business file.
The missing name list is the error code that will often appear as if a name is missing from the QuickBooks List of Names. This can be basically considered as a QuickBooks internal database error that causes failure to open a file in QuickBooks. The good news is that this error can be easily resolved by carrying out some couple of steps, which will be a quick fix for the error.
You may notice that the names, items, or accounts can be missing or you can see a blank space in several places in the company file, which includes:
- Company Reports
- Business Transactions
- Centers Predefined Reports
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem
Here are some solutions listed that will enable you to fix the QuickBooks Missing name list issue.
Solution 1: Install and Run QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks Tools Hub is one of the wonderful options to use as it enables you in fixing most of the common errors in files. If the company file has been amended since you have started noticing the missing names from the list, then the user will need to keep a backup file to ensure he or she can retrace their steps again if needed. Here are the steps to follow:
- First of all, You need to open QuickBooks and the Company File.
- After that, The you Should Press the F2 Key.
- The Next Step is to Open the Product Information Screen.
- On the Versions used on the File Section, You will need to Find the RB Tag (Rebuilt), Which Shows When the File was Rebuilt.
- After the Rebuild Date and Time has been Determined, You are Supposed to Restore the Backup File that has been Made Just prior to that Rebuild.
- In case you are unsure about When the Backup File is Located, then you need to refer to the Display Hidden Files Folder. Or you can also Locate the Files Using Windows for Help in Searching .QBB Files Available on the System.
In case, You are Unable to Locate the RB in the File Versions, then the possibility is there that the file has not been rebuilt. For this specific situation, you can continue with the following steps below:
- For this, All you need to do is Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then you need to Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Feature.
- And then, Follow the on-screen Instructions Which will Lead you through the Help of the Prompts Popping up in the Tool.
Tip of the Day: You also will have to Restore a Backup File or you can Choose to Contact Support if the Tool cannot Fix the Issue.
Solution 2: Rebuilding the Name List
Another solution is to rebuild the list again from scratch. Here are the details of steps to be followed:
- First of all, You need to Ensure that there is a Backup Company File restored.
- The Next Steps is to Recover the Lost Data with the Help of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
- Once that is Done, You can send the Damaged Company File to the Data Recovery Team.
- Then you can Finally Finish Repairing the Data of the Tool and it will Fix the Issue.
You may have to verify the information being restored. And, you also need to check the address details of vendors, employees, customers and so on. After that you can try to resolve the data damage on the company file.
Solution 3: Alternative Solution
The final resort and the easiest one is just to restore a previous backup file. Then you can try to re-enter transaction entries into the file to make it updated. Yeah, it means doing the work from scratch and it is not always an optimal solution but may work perfectly. The backup could be a few days older and the volume of the transactions can be a little overwhelming too to make this option feasible.
These above mentioned solutions are the best way to fix any missing name error or other tech issue you may face with QuickBooks data lists. However, at some point, if you ever feel you need assistance, you can most definitely contact us our Dancing Numbers team. We are just a few clicks away from you. You can either call us or fill out the requisite form given on the website with your required details and business related query. We understand that you are specific and so is your business which has specific business requirements. Our brand is renowned for the quality, accuracy and custom made solutions.