Are you unable to recover your data into your QuickBooks account? Are you looking forward to retrieving the data using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
In this article, you get the complete guide to QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool. This helps you by providing information about the QuickBooks ADR file, how it works, and solution steps.
Let’s get started with this to restore the data using the Auto Data Recovery Tool in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks ADR File Extension?
QuickBooks creates a copy of the important data when you do the backup of the company file information. This backup company file is the base to recover or restore the information into your QuickBooks account whenever required. You are required to recover the information in case you lost the data. The file is found under the folder named Auto Data Recovery so that it is kept separate from the rest of the files. This file has a .adr extension. At the end of the file name, the extension is written as qbw.adr. This identifies the file type and also identifies that it is an important file. Make sure that it won’t be deleted; otherwise, it makes the process to hard restart the data enter your account using the backup file.
What do You Mean by QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery?
There is an inbuilt feature of Auto data recovery into your QuickBooks software. this feature is named QuickBooks Auto data recovery. It helps you in securing the QuickBooks corrupted media that is counted as the primary function of the Auto data recovery tool. You can found this function in all the editions of cut books such as Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. It gives you the guarantee that your files and data are secure and safe. If the data remains the same then there are fewer chances for data loss are damage.
How QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool Works?
This tool operates on the technology of Sybase. here are the steps that help you to resolve the QuickBooks error if it happens while working on this tool.
Things before Restoring Lost Data
Before retrieving lost data there are some things that you must know about it that are:
- When you create a QuickBooks ADR file for backup then you must take care that it won’t exceed the file size of 1.5 GB
- Check and verify that the QuickBooks software is Up to date to the latest version to get the advantage of the recovery tool feature.
- The feature of QuickBooks a file is available in the QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise software versions.
What are the Methods to Restore the Data using QuickBooks Auto Recovery Tool?
For retrieving lost data, the Methods for using the QuickBooks auto data recovery tool are as follows:-
Method 1: When you use the .QBW.adr file before and TLG.adr file also
In this method, both .QBW and .TLG file extensions are used. The transactions can be retrieved or restored that are done in the last 12 hours. The steps to do this are:
- Open the File Explorer into your Windows system
- Then go to the desktop
- Create a new folder and name it the QuickBooks Test
- Then press Enter button
- Now search and open the folder named QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- You have to take both the files that have the .tlg.adr and qbw.adr extensions
- Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) than in the new folder you just created with the name QuickBooks Test
- Now, the data is restored easily using this process, and you are done.
Method 2: When you go with the .TDR file with .QBW.adr file
In this method, you have to use the transaction log file that must be original and the company file of the QuickBooks ADR file version to recover all the transactions. The steps to do so are mentioned here:
- First of all, you have to open the File Explorer
- Then click on Desktop from the left navigation menu
- Create a new folder in it
- Name the folder as the QuickBooks Test then press Enter button
- Now, go to the folder where your QuickBooks company file is saved
- When you are not able to locate the company file then check it on the product information window in QuickBooks
- Copy (Ctrl + C) and then Paste (Ctrl + V) the company file with .tlg extension in the new folder named QuickBooks Test
Make sure that you have all the information about the file extensions that are used by you.
- On your Windows system
- Open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys together
- Click on the Organize option
- Further, select the Folder Options
- If you are using the lower version than Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 then click on the View option
- Then select the Filename
- Click on the hide extensions the option
- Then press the Apply button to save all the changes
- After that, click on the OK button save the changes and then close the window
- Continue with the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder that must be in the same location as the QuickBooks company file
- Choose the file with extension QBW.adr
- After that, move it to the QuickBooks test folder
- You have to rename the QBW.adr file that is in the QuickBooks Test folder
- When you are done with all the steps then remove the .adr from the file name
- When you are done with removing the file extension open the QuickBooks software
- In QuickBooks software, open the company file
- The file that you have to open is saved in the QuickBooks Test folder that you just created
- You have to check the utility as it checks the company file
- If the file is damaged then change its location if you found the correct company file instead of damage
- When you are done with all this, then move this copy of the company file to the original location.
In the above article, You get the Complete Guide to QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool. The complete guide includes information about the QuickBooks ADR file, important things before applying methods, and what are the different ways to recover data files using this QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool.
For any further queries or issues, connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team. The team members are there to assist you 24/7 hours. So to get any assistance regarding any problems and doubts. You just have to Connect with the team anytime whenever required.
Need Some One on One QuickBooks Assistance?
What to do if I am not able to identify the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files for QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
Press Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer on your Windows system
In the File Explorer, click on the Organize option
Further, choose the option Folder and search options
If you have Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 then
Click on the View option
Choose the File name extension
Click on the option Hide extensions for known file types
Then click on the Apply button
Click on the OK button and you are done.
How to Backup the QuickBooks Company File before doing the Process for QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
The steps to process backup before doing a recovery to your QuickBooks file:
Open your QuickBooks software
Then click on the File menu option
Select option Switch to single-user mode
Again click on the File menu option
Choose option Backup Company
Click on the Create Local Backup
After that, choose the Local Backup
Then press the Next button to proceed further
You have to click on the Browse button to select the location for saving the backup file
You can also set the number for how many backup files you want to create (optional)
It runs the test to check that the backup file is in good condition
Then click on the OK button
Hit on the button Save it now and then again click on the Next button
Now, you get notified when the backup file is created successfully.
Why QuickBooks Data Recovery is required that you have to run the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool?
QuickBooks data recovery is required when there is data loss or damage and you are not able to restore the data by using other solutions of recovering data. So, here comes the reason for using the feature of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool. this definitely helps you out to fix the damaged data file of QuickBooks into your QuickBooks account.