If you are a frequent QuickBooks application user, you might have noticed a feature known as the QuickBooks conversion tool. In general, the conversion tool assists in convert the company file from another program. The conversion tool is one of the most helpful functions and tools offered in QuickBooks Desktop.
Discover if your conversion is possible and what it costs. Get your quote!
This technology often allows them to convert the organization from a variety of other programs. Users may utilize the conversion tool to convert QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks desktop enterprise solutions 18.0 or QuickBooks desktop premier 2018 or Pro 2018. Despite the fact that the tool is quite sophisticated, it completes the operation without compromising data security. In this article, you will get an insight into the downloading steps and various uses of the conversion tool.
What is QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
QuickBooks Desktop has a number of features and tools, one of which is the QuickBooks data conversion tool. This utility allows you to transform the business file from a variety of various programs. It can get the job done regardless of its complexity, and it does so without compromising data security. This utility may be used to convert QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018, pro-2018, or enterprise solutions 18.0.
It can convert:
- Account Balances
- Employee, Item, Account, Customer, and vendor lists
- Payroll General Ledger Account Balance info
- Employee Credentials
- Customer and Vendor Transactions
- Paychecks (convert as journal entries)
It cannot convert:
- Payroll Transactions and Yearly Employee Information (year-to-date adjustments, Paychecks, etc.).
- Fixed Asset
- Work Tickets
- Wage and deduction details for each employee
- Sales orders, Purchase orders, and Estimates that have been completed or largely completed
Additionally, you can only convert Sage 50 and QuickBooks desktop versions from the same region. It is possible that you will have to convert your US version of Sage 50 to a US version of QuickBooks desktop if you have a US version of Sage 50.
What are the Various Advantages of QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
The QuickBooks Conversion Tool offers a plethora of benefits- that have been stated below:
- This utility allows you to configure the QuickBooks file conversion procedure.
- Another benefit of this program is that it does not affect the current/existing files containing data.
- This will also assist in comprehending the existing situation of the firm.
- The data from the new QuickBooks corporation is normally imported by the program.
- This utility generates a log for each conversion just to keep the records organized.
- It provides a selection for the list of imports. This makes it easier to list plus/minus balances and past transactions all at once.
- The tool assures that no data security compromises occur during conversion.
What System Requirements are Necessary for QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Before you begin using the QuickBooks conversion tool, you must first determine whether your system is compliant with it. A user must fulfill specific system requirements in order to obtain the conversion tool.
- Operating System: Windows 8 plus Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II
- Hard Drive: 2.5 GB free space.
- Memory: 512 MB
- QuickBooks Desktop: Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018.
- Sage 50: Version 2013 and above.
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Version 2.0 (minimum)
- You must have either Windows 7, 8, or 10, or Windows Vista, Windows XP as your operating system.
- Installing and registering QuickBooks desktop should be done correctly.
- A RAM storage capacity of at least 512 MB is recommended.
How to Download QuickBooks Desktop Conversion Tool?
In order to download the QuickBooks Desktop Conversion Tool, you have to adhere to the following steps:
- To commence, you must first obtain the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Locate and open the downloaded file’s folder.
- Select properties after right-clicking on the QuickBooks conversion tool icon.
- Choose the box marked for checking program compatibility, and then select the window operating system from the dropdown menu.
- Then select the OK tab.
- Finally, right-click QuickBooks ConversionToolSetup.exe and choose Start as administrator.
How to Use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool Effectively
The procedures listed below will undoubtedly assist you in getting the most out of the QuickBooks conversion tool.
- Initially, you should double-click the conversion tool to launch it.
- Then choose one of the two options on the screen, My Client Company or My Own Company.
- Choose your accounting software.
- Next, Choose the company file, and then press the next button again.
- You must then choose the QuickBooks product and go to the location where you saved the business file before pressing the next button.
- You should opt for the conversion levels from the list on the screen and then click next.
- Then, Pick the accounting choices based on the company’s date and name, and then click next.
- The final step is to double-check all of the details before clicking start, and once the procedure is finished, you must click the finish tab.
Steps to Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop
If you wish to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop, you should abide by the following steps:
1st Step: Configure the Data Access Credentials
- You must first launch the Sage Application and then open the company file.
- Go to the main menu and select the maintenance, users, and security tabs.
- You will also need to select data access/crystal reports.
- To change the password, click the Change button.
- Then close Sage.
2nd Step: Opt for Sage Company File
- From the Intuit website, download and install the QuickBooks conversion tool. The tool must then be used as an administrator. Now, right-click the QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe file and select run as administrator.
- From the database name box, choose the company file by selecting the browse button.
- Select the company name and press the OK tab.
3rd Step: Proceed with the Conversion of the Company File
- Simply choose the version of QuickBooks you want to convert Sage to and then browse for the folder where the QuickBooks file should be saved. Also, press the next button.
- You will now need to verify the accuracy of the information in the new window, and then click convert file.
- You must wait for a message to pop up and indicate that prompting is done. This will take some time.
- Launch the QuickBooks file and assess if the process terminated successfully or not.
4th Step: Verify the Conversion
After the tool has completed the operation, select the option to open in QuickBooks. You must examine the data in QuickBooks and confirm that it is complete. You must next go over the transfer log:
- Launch the Windows start menu.
- Check for the file explorer.
- Proceed to the C:\USERS[Your Windows User Name]\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- In this folder, you’ll find a log file for failed transactions. If the data did not transmit, this will notify you.
Steps to Convert from Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop
Users of Quicken 2011 or older versions can simply migrate to QuickBooks by following the procedures outlined below:
- First, obtain the QuickBooks converting software. If you are converting from Quicken to QuickBooks for the same year, the tool is not required. This function is quite useful and is required when QuickBooks is older than Quicken.
- You must run the Quicken converter and then select the next tab.
- Accept the License Agreement’s conditions as well, and then click on the next and install choices.
- After that, Select Launch Quicken Converter and then click the Finish tab.
- Following this, Pick the transferring data from Quicken to Windows option, Followed by the Get Started option.
- You must next pick the option to open a data file located on this system and explore the file by clicking on the select file tab. You should also click the OK and convert tabs.
- When you’re finished, Click save to save the revised Quicken file and exit. Quicken will not be updated.
- After completing the above procedures, you should start the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then go to the file and utilities tab. You will also have to select the Convert and Quicken options.
- The last step involves following the onscreen directions.
What are the Various Limitations of QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
The QuickBooks converting tool also has certain restrictions. These constraints apply to importing data, transactions, and account balances into QuickBooks from other financial applications. This would aid in the conversion of personnel list data, including social security numbers, as well as payroll general ledger account balance data.
Certain payroll data cannot be converted using the QuickBooks conversion tool. This comprises items such as a paycheck, employee year-to-date information, payroll items, individual employee wages, and so on. Furthermore, job costing, fixed asset item work tickets, and then estimates, closed or partially closed sales orders, and purchase orders may not be converted with the use of the conversion tool.
The article sheds light on the QuickBooks Conversion Tool, the steps to download it properly, the prerequisites necessary, the benefits, and the limitations. Furthermore, you get to know about various steps you should follow if you wish to capitalize on the different features of the Conversion Tool.
However, if you fail to understand the concept or the steps, you should not hesitate to reach out to a professional QuickBooks expert. Furthermore, if you have other queries related to QuickBooks Conversion Tool, you should get in touch with our Dancing Numbers team.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Run the Conversion Tool in Compatibility Mode?
The steps you have to follow to run the Conversion Tool in Compatibility Mode are highlighted below:
- Select Properties from the shortcut menu when you right-click on the QuickBooks Conversion Tool icon.
- Select the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode, then select your Windows operating system from the dropdown menu, and then click OK.
- Run QuickBooksConversationToolSetup.exe as administrator by right-clicking it.
Why does the Conversion Process go Wrong?
There are numerous factors involved here. Your file might not be stored locally. This error will appear if you are hosting a file over a network or on a server. Install Sage50 on a machine that is not on the network or server. Create a backup in Sage 50 and then Restore Local to your PC. This is often your C Drive. For further issues, do get in touch with professional experts.