f you are a QuickBooks user for a long time, you know that it’s a business accounting software that is developed by Intuit. Its target is small and medium-sized organizations. QuickBooks offers on-reason and cloud-based accounting to make managing and paying bills and payroll functions simpler. QuickBooks has made life easier for small-time entrepreneurs and professionals by managing their financial activities with ease. The Intuit database behind QuickBooks is very skillful in dealing with business tension and developing demands. Nonetheless, similar to any remaining databases, it is inclined to issue once in a while. Corruption in the QuickBooks Company file is a typical issue faced by users. A corrupt QBW file can’t be opened and used until it is fixed. The corrupt file can cause damage and for this, we should know about QuickBooks company file repair.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
How to Recognize Corruption in QuickBooks Company File?
To know when you need to repair a QBW file, it is compulsory to know the corruption in the file. Below are some problems that you might face due to corruption in the QuickBooks Company File:
- Errors such as “A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing” in the Verify Data Utility or “Verify Target: Values in minor don’t match major” on your system screen or in the Qbwin.log file.
- The unexpected shutdown of QuickBooks while attempting to save or delete a transaction.
- Faulty reports like Balance Sheets where the total assets don’t match the total liabilities and equity.
- Missing transactions and entries from Lists.
- Account names went before by a reference bullet (*), which were made by QuickBooks because the original accounts were missing
- QuickBooks running slow, tasks taking more time than normal
- Invoices and Paid bills are showing as unpaid
- In this, it shows the transactions history which displays a negative balance.
- After you open the Send Feedback Online, you will see the Bug Report window and now you can see an HTML code there.
Information harm in QuickBooks comes in many structures and situations, however, What’s generally critical to note is that anything that makes the information look unusual could be an indication of QuickBooks defilement.
In QuickBooks data damage appears in many situations and forms, however, What’s generally important to note is that anything that makes the data look unusual could be an indication of QuickBooks corruption.
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Company Data File Corruption?
Below are the few points mentioned about the reasons behind QuickBooks Company Data File Corruption:
- For QuickBooks Pro the QuickBooks database file size expands beyond 200 MB and for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Absence of assets like RAM, Virtual Memory, Network Interface Cards, Routers, Network Cables, and so on.
- On the hard drive where the database is stored, you will see the development of bad sectors there.
- An unexpected power surge or drop can trash your whole hard drive in case you don’t have a proper UPS.
- Inappropriate system shutdown because of technical or different reasons could lead to QuickBooks database corruption.
- On the hard drive where data is stored, you will see virus attacks.
- Advancement of awful areas on the hard drive where the information base is put away.
How to Fix Corruption in QuickBooks Company File?
Below are some effective solutions to fix corruption QuickBooks desktop company file corruption:
Solution 1: Repairing the Company File using the Rebuild Data Tool
- The first step is to move to the File menu and then go to the Utilities and choose the Rebuild data option.
- The next step is to select an Ok tab on the QuickBooks information Window.
- To save the backup follow the on-screen steps.
- Letting the tool repair the file. The process will take little time and QuickBooks might seem stuck.
- After the tool finishes select OK.
- Move to the File menu and then move to the Utilities tab and then select the Verify data.
- At last, let the tool check the file for data issues.
In case no error is detected then select OK and continue using the company file.
Solution 2: Repair Manually by Rebuilding the Data
If none of the above methods works, then it is prescribed to manually fix the error. Follow the below steps to carry out.
- Go to the File menu and then move to the Utilities tab and then select the Verify data option.
- Then, let the tool check the issue.
- Select the option of Expand all from the Verify results screen and then select Expand all to have a look at the errors.
Solution 3: Free Tools to Fix the Company File issues
You can simply get some free tools to fix the error. Below is the list of tools that can work in this situation:
1. QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool has been intended to manage issues that come up during the installation of the QuickBooks desktop. It likewise analyses and fixes the company file issues, essentially connected with the Microsoft .NET system.
2. QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
This tool is one of the integral tools as this tool fixes the error that keeps the QuickBooks from running.
3. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is built-in just in QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions. It is developed and planned by Intuit to fix the data corruption, Windows setup problems, and network setup problems.
- You would need to choose the Company file issues from the tool hub.
- Further, pick run QuickBooks File Doctor. This would require some time for the file to open furthermore note that if the tool doesn’t open, look for QuickBooks desktop file doctor and open it manually.
- In QuickBooks file doctor, you want to choose the Company file starting from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re not able to see the file, also pick Browse and search for the file.
- Besides pick Check your file and hit the Continue tab.
- Lastly, enter your QuickBooks admin password and hit next.
The scan time totally relies on the size of your file.
4. Run Quick Fix My File
It is used to fix company file issues and can be a convenient solution in my file tool in the QuickBooks tools hub. You just need to follow the below steps:
- Simply go for the Company file issues
- Then, pick Quick fix as my file option.
- Hit the OK tab and further more launch the software.
- This would redress the issue up to a certain extent.
5. QuickBooks Tool Hub
This tool is newly presented by Intuit. It is a multi-functional asset, where you can profit from the features of tools like File Doctor, Condense Data Tool, QuickBooks Refresher, PDF and print repair tool, Install diagnostic tool, connection diagnostic tool, and much more.
Solution 4: Updating and Backing up QuickBooks
Whenever you are finished with the methods to fix the company file, we strongly prescribe you to create a backup of the company file. Besides, you are also suggested to check for any software updates.
- Simply you have to choose the help option in the QuickBooks desktop and after that updates the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then run updates on a regular basis and verify and rebuild the data to help in fixing the issues.
If you have fixed QuickBooks Company File corruption, then also you can’t be sure that it won’t happen again. In case this issue happens again and won’t be fixed by doing all the procedures then you can call the help desk as they are available round the clock for their users. More you can do is to minimize the risk factors due to which file corrupts and protect your safeguarding it better.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What are the Reasons for Getting the QuickBooks Files Corrupted?
QuickBooks files get corrupted because of some reasons:
● Abrupt system shutdown
● Malware attack
● Software or hardware issues
● Network connections errors
● Large file size
How much Time does the QuickBooks File Doctor take?
Most probably it takes up to 5 minutes and sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes. So you don’t have to worry and wait. After your scan gets, then open your QuickBooks and your company file.
What if the QuickBooks File Doctor is Not Working?
● Firstly, you have to go to File.
● After this, click on Utilities and then on Repair File and Network Problems.
● A dialog box will appear on your screen, click on ok.
● Then QuickBooks file doctor restarts the application with administrator rights.
● Click on Yes when the dialog box will appear.