QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade is available to download and install into your system. The upgrade is important as it helps you to fix the problems that you are facing in your older version. The upgrade provides you many advantages like many new features and benefits. By upgrading your QuickBooks desktop account, you can make your work more easy and smooth which helps to grow your business rapidly.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
In this article, you get to know about how to upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop 2021 and what things can be done with or before this.
Things to be done Before QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade
Few things that you are required to do before upgrade to QuickBooks 2021. These things are mentioned here:
- Take a backup of your company files
- Check for system requirements
- Verify that all the components of Windows are updated
- The Windows system is also up to date.
What are the Steps to Perform QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade?
The steps are mentioned here in detail so that you can easily perform them on your own. Just follow the steps accordingly and get a QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade.
If You are a New User
Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021
To install QuickBooks Desktop 2021, you have to download the file and then prepare for the installation. After that, install the software on your system. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
A. First, You have to Prepare for the Installation
- To prepare, you have to take the backup first.
- Then keep the license and product key handy so that you can provide them whenever required.
B. Now, You have to Download the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Version
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 installation file
- Save the file on your system
- You can also change the location to save the file where you want to
C. Install the QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- Go to the location where you saved the installation file of QuickBooks
- Double-click on the file to start the installation
- The install Wizard window opens up
- In this, go according to the instructions shown to you
- Also agree to the terms and conditions and license agreement when shown
- Continue steps by clicking on the Next button
- Also, enter the information about the product and license key that you have to activate the software
- Choose the correct install type that is correct for you
1. Custom and Network install
The custom install is recommended as it is easy to do. Perform it if:
- You set up the multi-user network
- You install the QuickBooks in any other location that is different from the default location
- Hosting the company file on the server.
The steps for custom and network install are:
- Choose the option Custom and Network
- Click on the Next button
- Select the option that to tell how you are going to use the QuickBooks software
- You have to select the option Change the install location
- Then click on the Browse button to select the location where you want to save the QuickBooks folder
- Click on the Next button to start the installation
- When done with installation click on Open QuickBooks
2. Express Install
The express install is recommended if:
- You are a first-time user
- Using QuickBooks on a single computer
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps for express install are:
- Click on the Express install option
- Then press the Next button
- Click on the Install button
- When done, choose the Open QuickBooks option.
D. After installation Activate the Software
- Click on the Help menu option
- Further, choose Activate QuickBooks Desktop option
- Follow the steps that are shown on your screen to complete the activation.
If You are an Existing User
Upgrade Your Company Files
A. You have to First Prepare a Company File
- Open QuickBooks Desktop the original version
- Go to the File menu
- Then click on the Open or Restore file option
- Select and open the file that you want to upgrade
- After opening the file in QuickBooks, press the F2 key from the keyboard
- It opens up the Product Information window
- Go to the File Information section
- From here, you have to note down the location of the file saved into your system
- Then run the Rebuild Tool for the company file
- In this, you have to verify the data and then rebuild the data
To Verify Data
- In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
- Further, select the Utilities option
- Now choose the option Verify data in further cases
- If your data has lost integrity then continue with Rebel data to correct the issue
- QuickBooks detected no problem in your data so there is no further action required
- If you get any specific error on your screen then fix it.
To Rebuild Data
- Click on the File menu
- Further, select the option Utilities
- In this choose Rebuild data
- You get a message as a warning on your screen to backup your files
- Click on the OK button
- After backup, click on the OK button when you receive an on-screen message that Rebuild has completed.
- By running this rebuild tool the file is prepared for the upgrade.
B. Upgrade Company File
- First of all, check that all the users have logged out of the company file
- Now, open the new version of your QuickBooks desktop
- Go to the File menu option
- Further, click on the Open or restore company option
- Then click on the Next to continue
- If you have a company file then open it or you can also open a backup file to restore it to your account
- Browse the location for the company file and select the location
- After selecting the location, click on the Open button to open the company file or the backup file to restore
- Verify that you have signed in to your company file as the admin user
- Before the upgrade, you have to check OK then the backup is created automatically of the existing file and save the backup to your system at the desired location
- Then click on the update now button to start upgrading your company file
- After finishing the upgrade process, click on the Done button.
C. Update QuickBooks
Update QuickBooks Desktop 2021 here are the steps that you have to follow:
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Right-click on it and then select the option Run as administrator
- Now, click on the Help menu option from the top of the QuickBooks window
- From the drop-down menu, select the option update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now click on the Options tab
- In this, tick mark the checkbox Mark all
- Then click on the Save button to save all the changes
- Now, go to the Update now tab
- In this tab click on the Reset update check box
- When you are all set, click on the Get updates button
- It downloads and installs all the updates of your QuickBooks software
- Restart your computer and then again start your QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Desktop Upgrade 2021 is easy to do and helps you to fix many errors and problems. It is beneficial to upgrade to 2021 and get many new and improved features. Just upgrade and grow your business by making your accounting easy.
For any further query connect with the Dancing Numbers team. The team members are professional and available 24 by 7 hours. Get assistance from the team whenever required for any issue, error, problem, or query.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Check remaining Data Damage while QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade after Running Rebuilt Tool?
You have to run the Verify data again
Click on the File menu
Further, select Utilities
Then click or Verify Data
If this detects some other additional damage then you have to correct it manually
If you are not able to correct it then restore the backup locally.
How to Check for the Latest Release if I am Booking for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade?
Open QuickBooks Desktop
From the keyboard, press the F2 key
It opens up a Product information window
From here, you get to know the version and release you are using currently.
Where can I find my Product and License Key for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade?
It depends on the purchase type that you have done online, offline, from the website, and more. This goes like this:
If you bought it offline from a retail store then check the original package label for the product and license keys.
If you bought it online from some website then find it in your email that you used while purchasing the product.
If you are reinstalling it then you can find the product and license key in the Customer Account Management portal.