QuickBooks Desktop upgrade is available to download and install into your system. The upgrade is important as it helps you to fix the problems that you are facing in your older version. The upgrade provides you with many advantages like many new features and benefits. By upgrading your QuickBooks desktop account to 2023, you can make your work more easy and smooth which helps to grow your business rapidly.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
In this article, you get to know about how to 2021 older version upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop 2023 and what things can be done with or before this.
Why Should You Upgrade QuickBooks 2021 to 2023?
There are a variety of helpful tools included with each update of QuickBooks Desktop. But, you risk missing out on additional advantages such as bug patches, new features, updated layouts, and other perks if you don’t complete a QuickBooks update download.
You can see that if you remain with QuickBooks 2019, or even 2020, you are already behind on many important accounting tasks. Several other people are still using old versions, Which is a big disadvantage to you.
You should also learn how to update QuickBooks for the following reasons:
Pro Plus and Premier Plus Subscriptions
You and your clients will receive additional benefits from the subscription versions for 2022, such as:
- You can access the most recent version, which supports third-party operating system updates and has the newest features, security updates, and bug fixes.
- The processing speed of QuickBooks is up to 38% faster and more reliable (64-bit).
- Data recovery and customer support are both provided without charge on an unlimited basis.
- There are features that provide time and money savings.
- You can function more efficiently if you use the mobile app for QuickBooks Desktop.
Mac Plus Subscription
The subscription version for 2022 will provide you and your customers with extra benefits, such as-
- You can access the latest version, which supports third-party operating system updates and has recent features, security updates, and bug fixes.
- Data recovery and customer support are offered at no extra charge.
- Automatic receipt expense transaction creation and categorization are premium subscription features.
Things To Be Done Before QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade
Few things that you are required to do before upgrading QuickBooks 2021 to QuickBooks 2022. These things are mentioned here:
- Take a Backup of Your Company Files
- Check for system requirements
- Verify that all the components of Windows are updated
- The Windows system is also up to date.
Get info about: Upgrade QuickBooks 2018 to 2021
Process of Upgrading QuickBooks 2021 to 2023
Follow the steps that are mentioned below:
There are few ways to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version, all the versions Pro, Premier, Enterprise of the software can use the same approach and is mentioned in detail in below.
Estimated Time: 35 minutes
Step 1: Backup Your Recent QuickBooks Version
1. Firstly, you have to open the latest version of the program that is QuickBooks 2022
2. To access the company file admin user access is needed
3. Click the file menu that is at the upper left of the tab
4. You have to go to the Backup Company option with your pointer
5. Once you have visited the Backup Company tab then you have to select the Create Local Backup option
6. A window that is Create Backup will appear
7. Then you will get a option of storing your company file backup in one of several locations
8. If you require to make any more modifications to your current backup settings then you have to click the options button within the Create Backup box
9. Software will then start cresting your backup. Then you have to close the window once the backup has been saved
Step 2: Upgrade QuickBooks 2021 to 2023 Version
Usually, you may upgrade QuickBooks either manually or automatically.
1. First, Log in as the administrator to your Windows computer.
2. Next, Visit the official Intuit website and download the newest QuickBooks version.
3. You’ll be given a QuickBooks upgrade path after the download is finished, which is simply the location of the downloaded file.
4. You’ll be requested to continue the installation by double-clicking on the downloaded file, and the installation instructions will display on your Install wizards
You can perform the automatic process in one of two ways: set up automatic updates or plan future automatic updates.
Setup Automatic Updates:
1. To get started, Open your software and select Updates QuickBooks Desktop from the Help menu. Next, Go to the Update Now tab.
2. If you choose the “Get Updates” option, the download will start. If you are prompted to install the updated release, Choose the appropriate option.
Schedule Future Automatic Updates:
1. The most current update can be set to download later if you don’t want to do it right away:
2. First, Click Help in the menu bar. Next, Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the drop-down menu. Finally, Return to the Options tab and click Yes to enable automatic updates.
3. Finally, Click
Step:3 Upgrade Your Company File
1. You must first use multi-user mode to ensure that only you have access to it.
2. Then, Select “Open and Restore Company File” from the File menu. Next, Choose the same backup copy as before.
3. Then, Click Continue to continue. Finally, You must open the company file by clicking on it.
4. Finally, Once you’ve logged in as an Administrator, Click the Upgrade button.
5. To achieve this, Adhere to the wizard’s on-screen directions.
6. Lastly, When the update is finished, Click the “Finish” button.
What Is New In QuickBooks Desktop 2023?
- Subscription-based Product Lineup: Pro Plus and Premier Plus memberships will now be the only ways to purchase Pro and Premier Goods. Using this strategy, you may offer more innovative, valuable, and productivity-boosting solutions that better meet the needs of your customers.
- Plus Benefit/Features: The desktop subscriptions for this year include a number of features that are intended to help you and your customers carry out accounting tasks more quickly and effectively than ever before.
Read more: How to Upgrade QuickBooks 2020 to 2022
For any further queries connect with the Dancing Numbers team. The team members are professional and available 24 by 7 hours. Get assistance from the team whenever required for any issue, error, problem, or query.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Check Remaining Data Damage while QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade after Running Rebuilt Tool?
You have to run the Verify data again
Click on the File menu
Further, select Utilities
Then click or Verify the Data
If this detects some other additional damage then you have to correct it manually
If you are not able to correct it then restore the backup locally.
How to Check for the Latest Release if I am Booking for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade?
Open QuickBooks Desktop
From the keyboard, press the F2 key
It opens up a Product information window
From here, you get to know the version and release you are using currently.
Where can I find my Product and License Key for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade?
It depends on the purchase type that you have done online, offline, from the website, and more. This goes like this:
If you bought it offline from a retail store then check the original package label for the product and license keys.
If you bought it online from some website then find it in the email that you used while purchasing the product.
If you are reinstalling it then you can find the product and license key in the Customer Account Management portal.
What happens to the non-subscription product’s support?
QuickBooks Desktop’s non-subscription versions will still be supported:
2021 will be supported through May 2024
2020 will be supported through May 2023
2019 will be supported through May 2022
If a user decides to end their subscription, what happens? Will they be able to run the program they downloaded earlier?
The data entered into QuickBooks Desktop will always belong to the users. If they decide to cancel their membership, they will no longer have access to the software, but they will still be able to view their company data on any computer with a working license. They can reopen their data files whenever they renew their subscription after it expires. Accountants can view their clients’ files if they are running a current, compatible version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Will customers who have subscriptions still be needed to update on a regular basis?
If and when new updates or upgrades become available, users will be notified. These can be installed in four clicks and a few minutes. To access powerful new features, enhance communication between accountants and customers, and make sure you have the latest security updates and third-party operating system support, QuickBooks always advises updating to the latest version. To make sure they are easy to use, any new features will be highlighted and supported with a walk-through.