As a business, no matter if you have it on a big or small scale, at some point, you have to upgrade all of your aspects. QuickBooks is a new trend and to keep your business of top notch service, you need to meet up to the standards. Now, if you wish to get on with the process to convert the Quicken data to the QuickBooks desktop to continue growing the business, then you should consider reading further. As a matter of fact, there have been two simple ways to switch from Quicken to QuickBooks. Know how to Convert Quicken Home and Business to QuickBooks.
The entire procedure of file conversion from Quicken data to QuickBooks is something that can’t be reversed. It means that once your Quicken file is converted, then you cannot revert it back to its original version. You will not be able to use these files in Quicken later on at the time of requirement. Hence, it is also important to ensure that you should create a backup of the quicken data that has to be converted, as you might have to access this data in Quicken software.
Last thing to consider, if you have used Quicken software on a Mac device, then you should have to convert Quicken Mac files into windows files first, as only windows files of Quicken software can be converted to QuickBooks.
Situations in Which you can use Quicken Converter:
If you prefer, then you can also skip to use the converter tool. As an alternate option, you can convert directly to QuickBooks using the conversion utility. In case you are having a version of Quicken which is a parallel version of QuickBooks.
Steps to Convert Quicken Home and Business to QuickBooks
Please refer to the following steps for the conversion of Quicken Data into QuickBooks to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks desktop perform the following steps:
Step 1: Using Quicken Converter
Before you can jump on to the process of using this particular tool, you should check out the recommendations and information as well. This is just to ensure that you are not having another version of it installed which may or may not be compatible. In case, you do have a different version, then you should make sure that the particular version is uninstalled from the system and then you need to download the right one below:
Step 1: As a part of the very step of the process, you should download the version of converter tool which appears to be compatible with the given year version of QuickBooks desktop:
Quicken 2021 converter
Quicken 2020 converter
Quicken 2019 converter
Quicken 2018 converter
Quicken 2017 converter
Step 2: After this, you also can Install and Convert by using the steps below:
- First of all, you should launch the downloaded Quicken converter and then choose next.
- After this step, you should checkbox for the option I accept the terms in the license agreement, also hit next.
- The next step is to initiate the installation of the Quicken converter and also you need to select the next action tab and hit the install button.
- Now you need to choose the launch button for the Quicken converter and hit finish.
- Once done with that, select the tab that says I am transferring data from Quicken for windows and also choose get started.
- Next thing is to choose to open a data file located on this system and then opt for the select file option.
- Now you should locate to choose the Quicken file and then choose OK button.
- Convert Quicken file to QuickBooks Screenshot Image
- After all of those above mentioned steps, you just need to select the convert it button and also you need to hit the OK button.
- Final step is to save the new Quicken data file. For this, you need to choose Save and also hit Edit option.
- Once the file is upgraded successfully to a compatible version of Quicken, QuickBooks users can start converting using the conversion utility in QuickBooks as per the requirement.
Step 2: Look for .QDF, not .QFX
The convertor tool always shows the message that says it is creating a .QFX file. But it is also creating a .QDF fil and this is the file you need to locate to convert, in case you find .QFX, then you can leave that file as is. .QFX file should not be converted. You need to go for the upgraded .QDF file in a folder that will be named as Q18Files or Q17Files. These upgraded versions will also be at the same location as your original Quicken file.
Step 3: Using the Conversion Utility
You can convert the Quicken file using the conversion utility tool in QuickBooks. This can be completed by using the below mentioned steps:
- You also need to first move to the file option, and then you need to select utilities. Also, you need to choose the convert action tab and opt for the Quicken.
- Convert Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop – Screenshot Image
- After that you need to choose the Quicken file that you wish to convert.
- The final step is that you will be guided by the conversion utility all through the remainder of the conversion process.
- You can also press F1 key to access the help window in QuickBooks desktop, to get any further details related to the conversion utility. Also, you can type convert from Quicken.
We completely understand that your business is unique. Owing to your specific business model, your business requirements can be very specific and hard to crack as well. The need for a custom made solution to your specific business needs is something you can stay stress free about. Seeing the success rate in a short span of time, we can count some milestones as our achievements. Just remember that you are free to call us on our toll free number or the best way you can contact us is by filling the lead form available on the website.With a little query details, without wasting much of a time, we can ensure to provide you the faster resolution.