QuickBooks mapped drives make it possible for users to remotely access files on another server, operating system, or drive over the network. Additionally, it makes it simple for users to access company files from shared storage. However, sometimes the mapped drive may cause problems for the QuickBooks user. These problems should be resolved right away because they can be rather irritating for the user. In this blog, you will know about all possible fixes to this issue. Read this blog properly if you are interested.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Important Points that You should Always Remember
You should be aware that you can only direct a specific shared folder. In case the client on PC 2 shared the C: drive with the PC, you can easily direct that particular C: disc, just make sure there are no subfolders. Additionally, you would need to right-click the company file folder. If you are unable to see the mapped network drive option, you would then need to scroll upward and look into the higher-level folders for the mapping option. If you use QuickBooks Hosting, you should check with the cloud admin about any problems or issues with the mapped drive.
In this case, you can create a new network drive mapping and access the company file on a PC that is comparable to the one you have been using for QuickBooks. You should think about opening the file from the drive that contains the information paper. Investigate the appropriate document place to open the business record that you have planned while assigning the free drive space, as well.
Measures to Fix the QuickBooks not Showing Mapped Drives Problem
Below are the measures that you can perform to successfully fix the mapped network drive errors in QuickBooks.
Method 1: View the Mapping Drives and Turns on Network Discovery
- Begin with moving to the Search bar and then write Settings and then you have to click on it.
- Then choose the Sharing tab and move forward and click on Private network.
- The next step is to double-check your selections to Turn on network discovery and Turn on Automatic setup.
- Click on Save changes and then click on Next tab.
Method 2: By Obtaining IP and DNS Addresses fix the issue
It should be noted that the results in QuickBooks may occasionally not show mapped discs since the user may attempt to manually retrieve the IP address and DNS. The procedures here are as follows:
- It is advised for the user to enter the options tab before selecting the change adapter option.
- The network connection window should then be opened.
- The next step is to open the next tab, right-click the Ethernet connection, and then select Properties from the menu that appears.
- Next, select the Networking tab.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 after that. If the user discovers that it has been checked, unchecking it and checking the box is advised.
- The next step is to click on the properties tab.
- Next, select an option from the IPV 4 properties box. Both an IP address and the DNS server address are immediately obtained.
- The last step is that you have to click on the OK tab.
Method 3: To fix QuickBooks not Showing Mapped Drives map a Network Drive in Windows
- The user must first find and press the Windows key.
- Then on the screen, a list will appear, and then choose the system tab.
- After that, the next step is to move to the menu bar and select the tools option.
- Go to the network drive for the map now.
- A new window will appear on the screen as a result.
- The user should then click the box next to the drive.
- Now select the unused drive from the drop-down menu.
- After that click on the browse and then go to the network location.
- Track the network location where your QuickBooks files are kept, as well.
- If a UNC path is not working, another option is to map the server using its IP address.
- After this user has to click on the finish tab.
- A new driver that will become a network drive is accessible to the user.
Windows 8 or 10
- The user must move to the search bar and enter text there during this process.
- Afterward, select THIS PC from the list of results by clicking.
- Right-click a network drive on the map now.
- Then select the network drive map.
- When you’re finished, select the unused drive from the list of available options by clicking the box next to the drive.
- Then use the browse tab to discover where your QuickBooks file is already stored.
- The next step is to select the Finish and OK tab.
- Try to launch QuickBooks using a newly mapped drive now.
Here is the end of this article, where you have enough information which will help you in dealing with the mapped network drive issues in QuickBooks. If the error still continues to trouble you even after following the right set of steps then connect with Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What if You are not Able to See the Mapped Drive?
If you are not able to see the mapped drive then follow the below points:
● Begin by opening File Explorer on your computer
● Then you have to go to the View section.
● There is a box that should check to complete the step that is in front of the Hidden Items.
● Once it is done you will realize that all the hidden folders and files will show on the mapped network drive.
Why do Mapped Network Drives Disappear?
After a reboot, if your network card is not set up properly then your mapped drive may disconnect. Changing the network card (link and power) options will solve the problem.
What if Your Shared Drive is not Showing Up?
Firstly, You have to ensure that Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Then make sure that File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Password-protected sharing should be turned off before retesting. Check that the account you used to add users to Share with is the one you are using to log in.