The small business runs with the proper planning and the smart work. But in case, If you are running your business then it is not easy to fulfill your business requirements all alone. In such cases, the company can use the accounting software’s. Accounting software is like QuickBooks, it is one of the all software’s which supports multi-user accessibility.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
If you want to access QuickBooks software with the help of multi user support then you need to download QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the most demanded accounting software which helps in the betterment of the user experience. The Multiuser Access is maintained easily with the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
With the help of QB Database Server Manager, Multiusers can work in one common file in same period of time. The only requirement of this Software Manager is that the tool needs to be installed in each and every desktop.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is also known as personal database management tool and it is directly connected with the QuickBooks Desktop. Once you are done with the downloading and the installing of the software then the software makes your work very easy. With the help of Database Server Manager, we can easily create the network data files on the host system. You can’t access multi-user mode without installing the server Manager.
You can easily scan your company files and can check for it from the local storage so that you can detect it in a new QuickBooks File with the help of server manager.
With the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager, You can share your company files with another workstation which are connected to each other with the server on a network.
Important Points to be Remember Related to QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Some of the important points which are related to QuickBooks Database Server Manager are:
- It mainly Creates Network Data Files (.ND File).
- The .ND File will be created for all the Company Files Which are Stored in the Host Workstation.
- The Tool provides you to use Multiple Variation of the Process but it does not provide you Multiple Versions of the Software.
- You have to Install this Tool to each and every PC in case you want to Add and QuickBooks Desktop Version in this.
- You must have the Latest Version of QBDBSM Installed on Your system.
- In case the user uses Multiple Versions of the QuickBooks Desktop then you have to Install the Data base Manager in Synchronized order from the Older Version to the Newest.
Uses of QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tools
Before we start with the procedure of setting up the Quick Books Database Manager, You must know the uses of QuickBooks Database Manager Server:
- First you have to check the local storage device which will help you in detecting the new company file.
- It automatically scans the company’s file which is important for the access of multiusers.
- On the host server it will create the .ND files automatically.
- It will assist you in tracking the local hard drives of your company.
Features of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Following are the some added features of the QuickBooks database server manager. You must have a look at the features which are explained below. These steps are followed once you are done with the installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- One of the top features of the QuickBooks Desktop is multiuser which allows the access of multiple features.
- If you want to use multiple versions of the software so, in that case you have to install server manager in synchronize manager.
- The new user is added by each and every version of the QuickBooks Versions.
- The QB server manager contains the feature of using any kind or any type of information related to PC.
- It also has the feature of updating of tools which are very useful in progress of work.
Steps to Download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
First you must keep in mind that the installation of QDSM will be done in chronological manner. So follow the following steps in order to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- First you have to Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager from Intuit and then install it.
- Hit the click on the installer option.
- As you hit the installer, installing wizard will open automatically in front of you.
- Be sure that your system must be connected to the internet properly; it will help you in updating the server manager.
- Press the next button to move forward to the next step.
- In case your PC is not connected to the internet, then you have to hit No and then select next button.
- Now choose the programs and then select next.
- At last you have to agree to all the terms and conditions of the software license agreement.
- Finally, you have to select all accepts terms and the license agreement option for the download of the server manager.
- Once you are done with the above steps then hit the next button to close the process.
How to Install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Following are the steps to Install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- First you have to navigate to the host computer and then search for the QuickBooks Installer.
- Double click on the installer, so that the installation wizard is open.
- With the help of internet access of the host computer, you can easily download and update the tool.
- Select the next button in order to move to the next page.
- Once you are done with all the above steps then you have to close the programs which are running on the background of the installation process.
- Now, you have to read and accept all the terms and condition of the software license agreement.
- Select the type of installation and the network and customer options.
- Hit the yes allow access, as you allow the tool start performing screening process, the installation process will be completed successfully.
- Once you are done with the installation process successfully, hit OK, so that you can exit from the screen.
How to Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The procedural steps which are followed in order to setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- First, open QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool.
- With the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you can scan your files or folders which are configured for the use of multiuser.
- In order to add new QuickBooks Company File to the server, hit the Add New Button.
- For the updating of Database Server Manager, you can use the administrative Tool.
- Make assure that all the company files are connected to the server.
- Be sure that all the users must be login to the files of the company.
- In order to change any user service status, make a use of service administrative tool.
- In QuickBooks Sever you must add the function of Upgrading and Uploading.
How to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The list of updating the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is Quiet easy. Follow the following listed steps which are to be followed in updating the database server manager:
- The very first step is to Download the Latest Version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Be sure that the version of the QuickBooks is same in case of both server and the workstation.
- Once the process of updating is finished, the message will pop out on your screen that the process of updating is finished.
- Now, you have to create the Backup of the Company File.
- Follow the on screen instructions, so that you can create the backup file easily.
- Once you are done with the above all steps, wait till the finish button will not flashes on your screen.
- Now, you are done and can open database server manager easily with new features.
How to Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Some of the uses of Database Server Manger are explained in the following steps. User found these steps easy as they can do this process itself:
- First you have to go to the host system.
- Press the window button from the keyboard, so that you can open the start menu on your screen.
- In the search tab of start menu, you have to type database, so that you are able to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Once the QuickBooks Database Manager opens on your screen then click on the scan folder.
- Now, you have to browse for the folder which consist the company file.
- Once you have executed all the above steps, you need to hit the OK button.
- Now, you can select the option of start scan button so that the scanning process starts.
Process of Removing the File Folder
Following are the steps for removing the file folder from database server Manager:
- First you have to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool.
- Now, select the option to remove or Delete.
- Search for the folder which you want to delete from the server.
- From the list of folders, you can easily find the folder which you have updated.
- Once you find the folder which you want to delete then select it
- Now you are done with the process of removing the folder.
Adding of the File Folder
Steps which are to be followed, so that you can add the file folder in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- Select the folder in the tool section,
- Now hit on folder button so that you can browse the folder which you want to add in the QuickBooks.
Steps of Opening the Tool
Following are the steps which are to be followed so that you are able to open the table of QBDBMS.
- Hit the window button on the Keyboard.
- Choose the programs from the start menu.
- From the list of programs select the option of QuickBooks.
- Now, you have to open QuickBooks Database Manger, so just click on it.
- In QBDBMS, you can see the tools option on the above of the window.
Process of Scanning QuickBooks Company File
Follow the following steps to perform the process of scanning on the company file:
- First you have to open the Database server tool.
- Select the scan folder and then browse for the folder which you want to scan.
- Once you are able to find the file then select and click on the scan button, so that scanning process is done.
- In case if you are not able to search for the file which you want to scan, you can scan whole disk.
Process of Updating of the Feature
The procedures of updating the features are:
- Open the QuickBooks Database Tool.
- You have to tap on the update button.
- Now you have to follow the online instructions, so that you can update features.
How to Repair the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Steps which are to be followed for the repairing of the QuickBooks Database Manager are:
- Firstly, you have to go to the file menu options of the QuickBooks.
- Navigate to utilities and select it so that you can Rebuild the Data.
- Now, you have to navigate to the information window and can select OK button from it.
- Now, wait till the time, the process of repair is running.
- Once the repair processes is completed then click on OK button.
We hope the above article will help you in working with QuickBooks Database Server Manager but if you are not able to understand or stuck in any of the step, you can connect with us. Our Dancing Numbers team will assist you to perform your job easily and efficiently.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Where QuickBooks Database Server Manager is Store?
Steps to be followed:
• Go to the host or server computer.
• Hit on the Window button.
• In search menu type database.
• Hit Enter in order to open QBDMS.
• Click on properties. From here, you can find the location of the QBDMS.
Do I have to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Yes, It is necessary to update QuickBooks Database Manager because it is critical to update when the new version is updated.
How can I Delete old QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Following are the steps of uninstalling the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
• Press Window + R key together on the Keyboard.
• The Run dialogue box will open on your system screen.
• Now, you have to type appwiz.cpl and press the enter button.
• Navigate to the programs and features and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
• From the drop down menu of right click, select uninstall option.
• Follow the online screen instructions and then you are done with uninstalling process.