At times, you face an error while updating, installing, Uninstalling or repairing QuickBook Desktop. This error doesn’t allow you to work with QuickBooks Desktop and generally the file comes with the same error message C:\config.msi.
If the error isn’t removed then it can cause problems. However, today in this article we are going to show you all about QuickBooks Update Error 1328.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Update Error 1328
The following are some of the possible causes of the error code:
- You are confronted with a troubling problem when downloading software.
- Malware attack.
- Installing a version could be one of the causes of QuickBooks update error 1328.
- A software file has been corrupted.
- Some invalid entries were left in the Windows registry during software installation.
- Inadequate computer shutdown as a result of a power outage.
- There was a network error while downloading and installing the software.
- Incorrect or incomplete installation.
What are the Signs of the QuickBooks Error Code 1328
The following points will assist you in identifying QuickBooks error code 1328:
- QuickBooks Update Error 1328 appears on the computer screen, accompanied by the error message 1328.
- You are unable to perform QuickBooks updates.
- The response time becomes extremely long.
- The QuickBooks repair method is doomed to failure.
- QuickBooks stops working or becomes damaged.
- Windows falls down gradually.
- QuickBooks can be installed or uninstalled.
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1308
Solution 1: Repair Tool Registry
- You must first use a registry repair tool to repair any damaged registry entries associated with the QuickBooks Software.
- Use any malware detection software or antivirus to remove any malware or viruses that may be interfering with the computer’s smooth performance.
- You should remove any unnecessary files and junk from your computer.
- Remove all unwanted PC drivers from your computer.
- Revert computer changes to ‘Undo,’ then reinstall Windows.
- The QuickBooks software should then be uninstalled and reinstalled cleanly.
- Next, launch Windows System File Checker.
- Install all of the most recent Windows updates.
Solution 2: Perform a Clean installation of QuickBooks
Step 1: Reinstall QuickBooks to see if you Can fix the 1328 Error
- To open the run command, use your keyboard to press Windows + R.
- Enter the control panel and then press OK.
- Next, select Programs and Features (if the control panel is in Category view, select Programs and Features).
- Uninstalling a program is the option you should choose.) Select QuickBooks from the list of program and then select Uninstall/Change.
- Now, to finish the process, simply follow the prompts.
Step 2: The installation folders should be renamed
Change the name of your installation folder, either by doing it manually or by QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Run the QuickBooks Clean Install tool after downloading it.
- Download the QuickBooks clean install tool file to your desktop and save it there.
- Now go and open QuickBooks Clean Install Utility.exe.
- On the license agreement, select Accept.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version you want to use, then click Next.
- When you see the message “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install,” install it to the default directory and then press OK.
Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders by hand.
You can rename each of the folder locations listed for your Windows version by using Windows Explorer to display hidden files. To make things easier, you can add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ to the end of the folder name, which will help QuickBooks from recognizing the folder and prompting you to create a new one.
Solution 3: Get Windows Updates
- When you download Windows updates, it will install any missing improvements for the .NET Framework or MSXML or C++ issues.
- QuickBooks may not install or open properly if you are using an older version or your Windows operating computer is out of date. Simply press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Windows Update into the search field to access Windows updates.
- After the installation process, reboot or restart your computer, then open QuickBooks Desktop to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4: Enable QuickBooks Desktop’s Selective Startup mode.
Follow the steps below to use QuickBooks in selective startup mode:
- Use your keyboard to open the run command by pressing Windows+R.
- Enter msconfig and then press OK.
- Choose Selective Startup and load computer services from the General tab.
- Now, select Hide all Microsoft Services from the Services tab.
- Select Disable all.
- Uncheck all the Microsoft Services boxes.
- Open the service list and double-check that the Windows Installer checkbox is checked. If it isn’t, mark it and then click OK.
- Open the computer configuration window and then click Restart.
Reset Your Computer to its Default Settings;
- Reopen the run command.
- Now, type MSConfig and press OK.
- Select Normal Startup, then click OK from the General tab.
- From the System Configuration window select restart.
Solution 5: Repair the Microsoft Components Manually
As previously stated, a Windows component issue is one of the causes of 1328. So give this a shot.
If the install diagnostic tool is unable to resolve the issue, attempt to resolve the component issue manually.
Solution 6: Change the file name C:Config.MSUPTFB53.tmp.
If you encounter the error while updating Point of Sale v18 and v12 to the latest release (r4 and r14), rename the file.
- To begin, rename the file C:Config.MSUPTFB53.tmp and then reinstall the patch.
- You can perform a clean reinstall of Point of Sale before updating or applying the patch.
Important: When a user downloads the most recent QuickBooks updates, he or she will receive the following error message: “error 1328 followed by error 2350: FDI server.”
Solution 7: Launching the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool
The majority of the time, we encounter the error as a result of a common installation error or a component error. As a result, it is advised to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
The tool’s operation procedure:
- To begin, obtain the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Save the file to your Desktop once prompted.
- Close all the open programmes before running the QuickBooks Install tool.
Note: Please keep in mind that the installation process can take up to 20 minutes, depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
After running the tool, restart your computer to ensure that the components are properly updated.
Solution 8: Navigate to the config.msi file
- To begin, right-click on the Windows Start button and then select Explore. Then, double-click the Local Drive C icon.
- Locate the Show hidden files and folders option here.
For this, follow the instructions
- To begin, go to the Tools menu and then select the Folders option.
- Then, on the View tab, choose Hidden Files and Folders.
- Then, check the Show Hidden Files and Folders box.
- Check the box next to Show protected operating computer files. As a result,
- Click on the Tools menu again, and then on the Folders menu.
- Then, on the View tab, uncheck the box labelled Hide protected operating computer files.
- Then, click Apply, followed by OK.
- Then, you must rename the config.msi file by right-clicking on it and selecting the Rename option.
- Add (old) to the end of the file’s name and then press enter.
- Finally, hide the protected operating computer files as well as the hidden files and folders once more.
We hope now you have enough information about the error and hopefully the above mentioned steps will help you to fix QuickBooks Error 1328.
QuickBooks update error 1328 is a complex technical error that occurs during the installation or uninstallation of software. You may also encounter the error while attempting to repair or upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent maintenance release.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What are the Potential Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
During the repair procedure, as well as when installing, updating, or uninstalling QuickBooks POS.
It can occur as a single error or before another error when updating QuickBooks. These errors typically refer to files that look like c:config.msiPT**.TMP.
QuickBooks update error 1328 can appear in a variety of ways. The text and options are completely different depending on the error scenarios.
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 1328 Indicate?
QuickBooks error code 1328 is a common error in QuickBooks that occurs during the update or installation of the software program.
The error message appears on the screen, along with its details and various option buttons in the box.
The error’s file reference has the same path as C:config.msi but a different representation.
How do you fix QuickBooks update error 1328 by updating my Windows system?
Navigate to Settings on your Windows system.
Press the Windows key.
Next, from the left side, press the Power button.
Next, click the Gear icon, which is the Settings icon.
In the Settings dialogue box
Select an option Security and Updating
Next, from the left navigation panel, select the Windows Update tab.
Select Check for updates.
If it indicates that you need to update, do so.
Click the Get Updates button.
Downloading and updating your Windows system takes time.
After that, you’re finished.