The well known QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 starts when a user attempts to restore the backup of the company file. The error is visible out of the blue without any indications and disturb the QuickBooks company file operations. There are some factors and technical issues which are responsible for QuickBooks Desktop error 6123. This can be resolved easily by performing the steps mentioned in this module. Recognizing the error-causing reasons can save your good amount of time, so we have also listed the most common reasons that provoke QuickBooks error messages 6123, 0. Let’s read the complete article for complete troubleshooting instructions.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks Error Code 6123 needs to be taken seriously as this is related to the company data and can be the reason for the permanent data loss. Get Direct help from our Dancing Numbers team of professionals by LIVE CHAT.
What is QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0?
Once the error code 6123 is activated in the QuickBooks Desktop application, QuickBooks displays an error message “Error: -1623, 0 we’re Sorry, QuickBooks can’t open the company file.” Users are also instructed to follow the standard troubleshooting procedure to resolve company file errors which include running QuickBooks File Doctor & Updating QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Unfortunately, basic troubleshooting alone is not always enough to resolve the error codes like 6123, 0, and you will need to implement additional steps to get the issue resolved. The error description that displays in QuickBooks is given below:
It is important to know that prior troubleshooting the error, kindly ensure to Update QuickBooks and take a backup of your company file manually to a safe storage location to keep away from the data loss because of any mishap at the time of troubleshooting.
Triggers for the QuickBooks Error 6123 0
There are numerous reasons which can trigger the QuickBooks error 6123 0: “we’re sorry for the inconvenience, But QuickBooks facing a problem to open your company file“. Knowing them can assist us narrow down the troubleshooting approach to one or two methods. We have mentioned few of the common reasons in this module:
- Damage or corruption associated with the data files of the QuickBooks application can cause the error.
- If you are using the McAfee antivirus software and the ‘Block Web Bugs‘ filter is disabled.
- The firewall configuration blocking a crucial server communication port.
- If the Windows Operating System is crashed or gets damaged, the error may appear.
- Multiple QuickBooks Database servers running on your system can also prompt the error.
“Trying to restore the backup from online storage or an external storage device can get you the error 6123”
Things to Remember Before the Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error -6123 0
- Update Your QB Desktop.
- Try at Least once to Restart your Computer.
- Check “QuickBooksDBXX” service is running, If your QuickBooks Company File is Hosted on the Server.
- Update your Windows/MAC.
What Causes QuickBooks Company File Error 6123, 0?
Below are the reasons responsible for having the QuickBooks Desktop error 6123.
- Utilizing an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is one of the prominent reasons QuickBooks displays error message 6123.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file not only triggers error 6123 in QuickBooks but also accounts for several other 6000 series errors.
- If you are trying to restore the backup from an online storage service like Dropbox then also you might face error 6123 in QuickBooks.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on Windows.
Kindly know that the QuickBooks company file can only be accessed from QuickBooks Desktop application and if you try to open it using the Windows explorer by directly double-clicking the file, then QuickBooks will show the error code 6123. Kindly ensure that you are accessing the file from within the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution Steps to Fix the Company File Error -6123 0 in QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Run QuickBooks Desktop Update
QuickBooks Desktop if left outdated not only attract errors however is also responsible for degraded performance. Keeping the QuickBooks updated ensures that it is free from issues and other errors which can affect the user’s experience negatively. For entire information to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the recent released version, adhere the articles How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version. If installing the updates did not assist you to get rid of the QuickBooks company file error 6123, then follow the below given steps to resolve the errors.
Step 2: Install & Run QuickBooks Tools Hub
As you may know that the QuickBooks Tool Hub is a collection of various tools which can be used to correct almost every error that incur in QuickBooks. Quick Fix My Program is a tool which is particularlycreated to refresh QuickBooks installation and re-register the installation files which assist the user to remove the general company file and program errors like error 6123. Adhere the steps mentioned-below to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub to run Quick Fix My Program Tool:
- In the initial step, Click HERE & Download QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Secondly, Hit on the close QuickBooks Desktop application by choosing the Exit from the File menu.
- After that, Open the downloaded setup file QuickBooksToolsHub.exe in the download location.
- Once it is done now you need to adhere the prompts on the installation wizard screen to finish the installation.
- Post that you need to double-click the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon on the Desktop.
- Now, Select the Program Problems tab from the left pane and then click Quick Fix my Program as mentioned in the below screenshot.
- Post that, Turn off the tool and run QuickBooks again once the program repairs the application.
- Now, Try to take the backup of the company file and verify if the issue is resolved.
If QuickBooks Desktop error code 6123 continues to trouble you, then this shows the damage in the company file that can be solved by running QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor. Adhere the step given next for the detailed instructions.
Step 3: Run and Download QuickBooks File Doctor to rectify the File Damage
For complete info on downloading and running QuickBooks File Doctor, be with us in this module How to Fix Damaged Company File or Network using QuickBooks File Doctor.
The error is resolved if you are able to access the company now. In case, while restoring the company file if you are getting the same error from an external storage device, then adhere the next troubleshooting step for a quick fix.
Step 4: From the Local Storage Restore the Backup
- Navigate to the QuickBooks backup file folder which is usually located inside the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Look for the file with .QBB Extension having the same name as your company file.
- Copy the backup file to the local storage of your computer.
- Now open QuickBooks and restore the company file that you have moved to the local storage.
- In case QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 still persist, then this must be happening because of restoring the company file on a new computer. Adhere the below-mentioned steps to resolve the error 6123 fixed while restoring the company file on the new PC.
Step 5: By using the Portable Company File Restore the Backup
You can face the QuickBooks error 6123 when you attempt to restore the company file’s backup on a new computer. As it is a new system, Copying the file to the hard disk would not assist you to get rid of the issue. To get rid of the error, you are required to create a portable company file (.qbm) and then perform the restore. The detailed steps are as follows:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on the computer that was originally used to create the backup.
- Open your company file on this computer.
- Click on the ‘File‘ menu and select the ‘Create Copy‘ option.
- Select ‘Portable Company File‘ from the options and then hit the ‘Next‘ button.
- Assign a unique name to this file and save it on an easily accessible location.
- Click on the ‘Save‘ button and select ‘OK‘ when prompted.
- You can now export this file to a flash drive or save it online.
Kindly know that the portable Company file can be used to access all the information of the Company file. It is password-protected, so always remember the password at the time of using it to restore on the new system.
- Insert the flash drive in the new computer or access the online location where the portable file is saved.
- Download the file on the new computer.
- Open the QuickBooks application on the new computer.
- Go to the ‘File‘ menu and then click on ‘Open or Restore Company.‘
- Click on the ‘Restore a Portable File‘ option and then hit the ‘Next‘ button.
- Select the file that you had created earlier and dab on the ‘Open‘ button.
- Click on ‘Next‘ and then ‘Save‘ to complete the process.
Sometimes, because of the security reasons QuickBooks only permit you to restore the company file on the same device where the backup file was created. If you are attempting to restore the backup file .qbb on a new system other than the one where it was created, then you can get QuickBooks error 6123. The solution to get around this error is to make a portable company file .qbm in lieu of the regular backup file .qbb. Follow the instructions given below to quickly rectify the issue:
- Open QuickBooks on the old device where you created the backup and click the File tab.
- Now select Create Copy and choose Create Portable Company File.
- Click Next and enter a name for the company file.
- Select the location where you want to save the company file and click Save and OK.
- Now move the portable company file to the new computer where you want to restore the backup.
- Open QuickBooks > Click the File tab > Select Restore a Portable File > Hit Next.
- Now browse the portable company file with .qbm extension and click Open.
- Carefully read the instructions given on the Where do You Want to Restore the File page.
- Finally, Click Next and click Save before opening the company file.
If you still not able to access the company file, the real reason might not be visible in the installation of QuickBooks Desktop. These issues can only be solved by installing a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop after completely removing all the traces of current installation. You can run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to completely reinstall QuickBooks.
If you are still facing issues/difficulties resolving QuickBooks error 6123, 0, then contact our Dancing Numbers team by giving us LIVE CHAT. Our team of expert will quickly look into the matter and will solve the issue for you completely in the quick span of time.
If no remedy assists you to resolve error 6123, So you can attempt to use few additional solutions which are quite straightforward and supposed to get rid of the Error 6XXX from the system.
Step 6: Update Your Firewall Settings
A firewall is a software part which regulates the internet, which applications can access and which cannot. You may encounter the error if the firewall is not configured according to QuickBooks and its programs. Thus, we have added the list of the programs those you are required to add to the firewall settings.
Kindly know that if there is any issue with configuring the firewall, So you can reach out to the Dancing Numbers Team or the direct QuickBooks Pro-advisors.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Why am I getting QuickBooks Error 6123 as I try to Open the Company File?
The most visible reason for the Error 6123 in QuickBooks, If the company file is replaced or the file is corrupted.
How can I Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
There are two ways to fix the QuickBooks Error code 6123:
First if to navigate to the Company File to the Local Storage.
And other way is to improve the Data file using the QuickBooks File Doctor.
How to Fix Error 6123 When Restoring QBB File?
Firstly, you need to navigate to the company file to the local storage, and after that attempt to Restore the data from that QBB file.
What do you understand with QuickBooks Error 6123?
As per the Intuit, “connection to the QB company file has been lost” message will appear on the screen while the users attempt to open a company file over a network in multi-user mode, or you are upgrading a company file to the latest QuickBooks Version.
What are the Various Probable ways to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 6123?
You can get rid of this error code without any hassle just post adhering any of the below given ways:
Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
By renaming .ND & .TLG file
By moving your company file into another location
Using auto data recovery function
Disabling the system security programs
Reinstall the QuickBooks application
Create a new Window user Set proper folder permissions
What can be the Reasons Behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks Error code 6123 was caused because of the various like:
Disrupted host server connected to the network
Reclamation of the company file from an outward storage device.
Damaged data file for QuickBooks Company
Firewall settings which interrupt QuickBooks conducive to open a business.
The McAfee Antivirus program will be mounted on the system. QuickBooks desktop services are jumbled with it.