QuickBooks is a popular accounting software that assists businesses in effectively managing their financial resources. However, installing or removing this accounting software might be difficult, especially if issues occur. To avoid most setup and elimination issues, install or uninstall QuickBooks in Selective startup mode. In this way, only critical Windows services and components load and operate. So, let us delve into this article to know more about it.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
You can read also: How to Restore a .QBB File in QuickBooks?
Steps for Installing or Uninstalling QuickBooks in Selective Startup
You can adhere to the steps mentioned below for installing and uninstalling QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode:
Before you proceeding ahead, ensure that:
- Create a backup of your company file.
- Keep a copy of your QuickBooks Desktop product and license information as well.
Step 1: Activating Selective Startup
Selective startup mode guarantees that no other programs get in your way. Just follow along to accomplish the task:
- To launch the Run dialogue box, press Windows + R.
- Enter msconfig and hit the Enter key.
- Choose “Selective startup” and load system services from the General tab.
- Select “Hide all Microsoft Services” from the Services tab.
- Select Disable all
- You need to uncheck Hide all Microsoft services.
- Select Windows Installer from the list of services available.
- Within the System Configuration window, click OK and then Restart.
Step 2: Uninstall QuickBooks
In the following step, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks application.
- Launch the Windows Start menu.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Programme or Programs and Features.
- Next, You have to choose Version QuickBooks Desktop from the available list of programs.
- Select Uninstall/Change, Remove, and then Next.
- If you are unable to find the option, you need to sign out and then log in back to Windows.
However, you must have admin rights or operate as an administrator.
Step 3: Installing QuickBooks
- Insert the QuickBooks installation CD or launch the QuickBooks installation file from your computer.
- To Install QuickBooks, just follow the on-screen directions.
- Restart your computer after the installation is completed.
You will notice the automatic installation of new files and folders when you reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Step 4: Verify that the Installation has been Successful
For this, you must stick to the steps highlighted below:
- To launch the Run dialogue box, press Windows + R.
- Enter “msconfig” and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the General tab in the System Configuration window.
- You should opt for “Normal Startup“
- You should click the Apply and then OK tabs.
- Reboot the machine for the modifications to take effect.
- Launch QuickBooks to ensure that it was successfully installed.
Installing or uninstalling QuickBooks in Selective Startup: Common issues
Many users run into the issues stated below while attempting the reinstallation process:
- Error message during installation or uninstallation
- Inability to locate QuickBooks in the Control Panel
To address the problems stated above, you should take the following steps:
- You should perform the installation or removal as an administrator.
- Disable any antivirus software (temporarily) throughout the installation or uninstalling procedure.
- To resolve any.NET framework or MSXML difficulties, you should utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- For further information, contact QuickBooks customer service.
How Can You Resolve Windows Installer Problem?
This issue usually happens when the Windows installer is disabled, corrupted, or wrongly installed on the PC. In this case, you can try the following procedures to see whether there is a Windows Installer problem. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Choose the Windows or Start icon.
- Enter CMD in the search box. Alternatively, choose Run and then type CMD
- Then click the Enter button. This will lead to the opening of the Command Prompt window.
- Then, you should go to the order brief and type “MSIExec”.
- After that, Press the Enter key.
- If the MSI engine is working properly, you will not notice any error messages.
- In the final step, you have to reinstall it.
Installer Package Error when Reinstalling or Removing Mac Software
You need to adhere to the steps below if you wish to remove the error:
- Uninstall the application from the Control Panel tab.
- Select the program you want to remove and then click the Repair button.
- Make an attempt to remove the program.
- Uninstall all Apple apps and reinstall iTunes or the cloud for Windows.
- Check to see if you have the most recent updated window.
- Visit the Microsoft program installation and utility website.
- Click on the Download and Open tabs. If the utilities are unable to open, select the Save option rather than the Open option.
- Navigate to the Utility window and select the Next button.
- Select the program to be uninstalled and press the Next button.
- If a prompt appears on the screen asking for uninstall or cleanup, you should select the uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
- Turn off the power.
- You should uninstall the iCloud, Apple software, or iTunes. If the problem does not go away, contact the Apple support team.
The article delves into the nitty-gritty of installing and uninstalling QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode. Furthermore, you get an insight into the frequent issues that you may run into during the process.
However, If you cannot comprehend the procedure, contact a professional QuickBooks expert. And if you have further queries related to installing and uninstalling QuickBooks in Selective Startup, you should reach out to our Dancing Numbers team.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites Before Attempting to Install and Uninstall QuickBooks in the Selective Startup?
The prerequisites that you need to carry out are:
- You should have a backup of the corporate file.
- You need to keep a copy of the product and license information of QuickBooks desktop handy.
How to Look for Product and License Keys through the Software?
You should adhere to the following steps:
- Begin by launching QuickBooks Desktop.
- F2 is the shortcut key.
- Examine the Product Information section. The product name and number, as well as the license number, can be found here. Also, make a note of the release date of your QuickBooks version.