When you send the right accountant’s copy to a client and do it within the scheduled time under the guidance of an expert, it helps to boost your business significantly.
In today’s article, we will talk about how to send an accountant’s copy of QuickBooks to a particular client.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
How to Send an Accountant’s Copy to the Client?
There are various ways a user can send the accountant’s copy of QuickBooks to his/her client. Here are the methods:
Solution 1: Use the File Transfer Method to Send an Accountant’s Copy
- Open the Accountant copy that you want to send.
- Press on the File option.
- From the given drop-down list, please choose the option for Accountant’s copy.
- Now for here, select the option View/Export Changes for Client.
- Next, you can navigate through the Accountant’s copy and do the required changes.
- Press on File.
- Now navigate to View/Export Changes for client again.
- Now press on the option, Send Changes to Client.
- In your selected email address of the client, your name along with your email address will be displayed.
- Press the option, notify me when the Client imports the changes.
- Now, press on Send.
Solution 2: Use a Drive or Disk to send the Accountant’s Copy to the Client as an Attachment
- Open the particular Accountant’s copy that you want to send.
- Select the File option.
- From the particular drop-down list, choose the Accountant copy option.
- Select the option, View/Export Changes for Client.
- Review the copy for any edits.
- In this stage, you can include any type of suggestion or comments for your particular client if you want.
- Now, press the button for Print if you want to print it.
- Simultaneously, you can also press on the option, Save as PDF. It will help you to have a copy with you in case you need to refer or record.
- Choose the option, Create Change File for Client.
- Accountant’s copy QuickBooks to the particular client.
- Add the Filename.
- Add the change file Location.
- Now click on the Save option.
Note: When you are saving the Accountant’s copy, please ensure that the file should have an extension of .QBY.
- Now press OK and then confirm the changes
The file can be sent as an attachment to the email with the assistance of a flash drive or by writing the file on a CD.
Read Also: When Accountants’ copy restoration or portable from a remote location that is also responsible for the QuickBooks error in reload.sql at line error.
How to Fix the Error, Unable to Create the Accountant’s Copy?
Here are the steps to fix the issue, unable to create the Accountant’s copy:
No. 1: Using Current Version of QuickBooks Desktop
You need to make sure that the current version of the QuickBooks Desktop app is being used. Hence, open QuickBooks and navigate to the option, Help. Select Update QuickBooks Desktop. Now press on the option, Get Updates. When the update has been downloaded and installed, now QuickBooks should be restarted.
No. 2: Ensure that no Special Characteristics are Present in the Company File Name
In case there is a special character in the file name of your particular QuickBooks Company file, just press right-click and then rename it. Many times, deleting special characters often fixes this unable to create an accountant copy error.
No. 3: Check the Company File Size
If the size of the company file is more than 200 MB, you may experience this issue while sending it through the File Transfer Service.
You can also upload the .qbx or the .qby file to the cloud storage service such as Google Drive or One Drive and then you can share it with your particular accountant.
No. 4: The Company File is Damaged or Corrupted
If the company file is damaged or corrupted, you will not be able to create an Accountant’s copy. You can solve this problem very conveniently with the help of the QuickBooks doctor tool. With the help of this tool, you can fix several errors concerning company and network files. This tool can be acquired from the actual website of Intuit. If you still experience issues in creating an Accountant Copy file, the next solution may help you out.
No. 5: You may lack the required Security Permissions
Find the particular QuickBooks company file and press right-click on it. Select the option Sharing and Security and press on the tab, Permissions. Now select the option, Add/Browse and locate the present user via which the file is being accessed.
In today’s article, we have talked about how to send an accountant’s copy of QuickBooks to a client. We have put the steps in the order they should be.
In case you follow the steps given above and fail, then we highly recommend that you hire a professional for your issue.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to turn off the Advanced Inventory feature in the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise version?
In case you are using the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise version, before you proceed you must turn off the Advanced Inventory feature. After sending the accountant’s copy, you can turn them on.
Step 1: In your QuickBooks account, navigate to File and select the option, Send Company File.
Step 2: Select Accountant Copy and select Client Activities.
Step 3: Press Save File and choose Next.
Step 4: Choose Accountant’s Copy and press Next.
Step 5: Add the desired diving data and press Next.
What is, Unable to Create Accountant’s Copy QuickBooks Error?
Often, during creating an accountant’s copy, you may experience a QuickBooks error that does not allow you to create an Accountant’s copy. It may arise because of the reason that your QuickBooks is not updated or any particular Company File is corrupted or damaged.
In some scenarios, this error can come up because of firewall blocking, server problems, or due to slow internet issues. Sometimes when you use the File Transfer Service in QuickBooks to send the Accountant’s copy, this issue is quite likely to arise.