When you backup crucial information at regular intervals, it protects the business data that is saved in the QuickBooks company file. The best way to backup QuickBooks data is using a flash drive, commonly called a thumb drive, USB drive, Memory stick, etc. It is a very easy to use, highly mobile, and extremely pocket-friendly way to store data.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Regardless of the fact that you wish to transfer a company file to another computer in the given network or if you wish to take the information to your particular accountant, using a flash drive is considered to be the most convenient way.
If you want to know how to backup QuickBooks to a flash drive, then keep reading this article for a detailed overview.
Why must You Create a Backup in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks possesses all types of business-related details like customer information, transaction, statements, invoice record, and others. If the actual file is corrupted or damaged, the backup file can help you from losing all the crucial company data.
Here are some other valid reasons why you need to create a backup of your particular QuickBooks account. Such reasons include:
- Other members of your company can use the company files after you add them to access them. In case some crucial data is deleted or mistakenly removed, the backup file will help you to get back the data.
- You can lose the data in a second if the hard disk crashes. In such a scenario, the backup file can help you get back the crucial data.
- When the company file is corrupted, the backup file helps to get back the files
- Viruses or other third-party applications can impact certain aspects of the valuable data in your QuickBooks account. In such a case, the backup file can be of great help to you.
How to Backup QuickBooks to a Flash Drive for Desktop & Online?
You can easily create a backup of your company data in both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. As a user, you will get the option to backup your file online or locally. Not to mention, QuickBooks also allows manual and automatic backups too.
How to Backup My QuickBooks to a Flash Drive (for Desktop Version)?
Here are the steps to backup the QuickBooks Desktop file to a flash drive:
- Launch the particular “QuickBooks Application” on your system.
- Now, press on the “File” menu.
- Now, you can choose the “Back Up Company” option.
- Now select the option “Create a Local Backup“.
- When the screen for “Create Backup” option appears, choose the “Local Backup” option.
- Now, as you press the option “Next“, select the location where you wish to save the particular backup file.
- Now, you can choose the tab for “Options” and select the location together with the backup frequencies.
- Click the “OK” button along with the “Next” button.
- Now, you can press the option “Save it Now“.
- Press the “Next” button.
- Choose the “Save” button to authorize the action.
- Once completed, enter the flash drive in your particular “USB” slot of the system.
- Now, copy the backup file from the particular location where it is stored and then paste it in the available flash drive.
This will help you to create a backup of the QuickBooks data and then save it on your particular flash drive. In case some error occurs with your particular QuickBooks company file, the backup file can be used to restore the crucial data.
How to Backup QuickBooks Online to a Flash Drive?
When using QuickBooks Online, users are not required to keep a backup, since the backup is being taken in the cloud server. However, if you wish to backup QuickBooks Online to a flash drive, follow the steps given below:
- Take a backup in a flash drive. For that, you must download the data from QuickBooks Online to your desktop.
- Now, when you transfer the QuickBooks data to your system, the file can be saved in a location where it is very convenient for you to locate.
- Now, enter the flash drive in your particular system.
- Now, you can copy the data that you received from QuickBooks Online and then paste the data into the flash drive.
Note: There is no direct option to create a QuickBooks Online backup in the flash drive. You need to export the data and then save it on the particular flash drive.
How to Restore QuickBooks Company Files Data from the QuickBooks Backup File?
Along with backing up QuickBooks to a flash drive, you can also use it to restore the file backup of your company. Here are the steps to use Flash Drive to restore the QuickBooks Company file:
- Enter the flash drive into your system.
- Navigate to the “File” Menu and press the option “Open or Restore Company” in order to open the restore wizard.
- Now you will require pressing the option “Restore a backup copy (.qbb)” and press next.
- Now, the option “Local backup” and then press “Next“.
- Now a screen for “Open Backup Copy” appears.
- If needed, you can press Lock in the drop-down arrow and it will take you to the place where the backup file is being saved by you with the extension .QBB.
- Choose the QuickBooks backup file and then press “Open“.
- Press “Next“.
- Now go to the location where you wish to restore the backup file by pressing Save in the drop-down arrow.
- Choose the backup file and press Save.
When QuickBooks created a backup of a file, it upholds the integrity of the data. If QuickBooks finds out any corruption or issue with the company file, then it might show errors like QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company file or errors 2277.
The steps given above will help you to backup QuickBooks to a flash drive very smoothly. However, if you get stuck anywhere just reach out to us.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What happens When you Experience an Error During the Backing up of QuickBooks to a Flash Drive?
In such a scenario, solve the issue and then continue. Without solving the issue, you will not be able to proceed further. Whether it is Windows 7, 8, 8. 1, or 10, without solving the error, backup in a flash drive is not possible.
What are the Considerations for Backing up QuickBooks to a Flash Drive?
Here are certain points to consider prior to taking QuickBooks backup to a flash drive:
• QuickBooks backup should be generated at least once a day
• The QuickBooks app must be set for automatic backup
• Once the company file is closed, set your application for backup every time