Want to know how can you easily set up and print deposit slips in QBO?
Well, your wish is our command, we are going to dig into the process with all the details on this topic only. But before we move any further, we should know the meaning of the deposit slip and why should you print it?
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
A deposit slip is what you get when you deposit funds into the bank account, it comprises of name and account of the depositor and amount details as well. You can print the deposit slip from QBO to have the physical record of the transactions.
Process for Set Up And Print Deposit Slip In QuickBooks Online
Setting up the deposit slip in QBO will help you in printing it in the correct format that covers all the pre-printed form area. Let us have a look into the process steps in details:
Setting up of the Deposit Slip in QuickBooks Online
Step 1: Printing a Sample Deposit Slip
Printing a sample deposit slip is the first step in setting up the deposit slip in QuickBooks Online. It is recommended that you print the sample slip on regular blank paper so that you can correctly be aligned without wasting the pre-printed forms. You can follow the below steps to print a sample slip in QuickBooks Online:
- First of all, click on New (+ icon) and then click on Bank deposit under the other heading.
- In this step, you need to click on print and choose ‘Set up and alignment’ to open the print deposit set up page.
- Now click on View preview and print sample and click on Print thereafter.
- After the above, put your printed sample deposit slip on the top of the blank pre-printed form and hold both in light.
- Once you can see that the print information is lining up with the correct areas of the form, click on Yes, I’m finished with set up in print window, else click on No, continue set up.
In case your printed page is not aligned correctly with your pre-printed form, you will have to set up the Adobe Reader. You can follow the below steps to set up the Adobe Reader.
Step 2: Setting up of Adobe Reader
- First click on the onscreen link to download the latest version of Adobe reader and set it up as your default PDF viewer after downloading.
- After that, you need to click on View preview and print sample and click on print later.
- Now you need to compare the print to the pre-printed form and click on Yes, I’m finished with set up if you are satisfied and if the information is correctly aligned.
If this does not work, you can go with the option of fine tuning, for which you can follow the below steps:
- First, you need to compare the alignment grid in preview window on fine-tune alignment page.
- Now you need to drag the on-screen grid to match its location to your print out.
- After that, select View preview and print sample and click on print.
- Once the sample lines up with the pre-printed form, click on Finish set up. Else you can continue doing fine-tune alignment until it matches.
Printing up of Deposit Slip in QuickBooks Online
After completing the set up of the deposit slip in QBO, you can follow below steps to print them in QuickBooks Online:
Step 1. At first, click on New and then Bank deposit under Other.
Step 2. Now go to the bank deposit window and choose the customer payment you wish to deposit.
Step 3. Now you need to click on print to specify whether you want to print deposit slip and summary or print deposit summary only.
Step 4. After the above step, you can click on print. If the preview of the print appears as blank, you need to manual download the PDF file, open it and give print command there.
Step 5. Now you can close any open previews or print window after completing the printing process and click on Save and close.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.
Can you let me know the Process of Recording the Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop?
First, click on the Banking menu > select make deposits. After that, go to the deposit window under the payment and select the payments you wish to combine. Now select the accounts you want to put the deposit into from and deposit to drop-down in the make deposit window. After this, you need to enter the needed amount in making the deposit and click on save and close.
How can I record an upfront Deposit Receipt or Retainer from a Customer in QuickBooks?
At first, go to the customer menu and choose enter sales receipts. Now from the customer job drop-down list choose the customer or job. Now in the deposit to the field, select the account into which you wish to deposit the fund, in case this field does not appear, the funds will be identified as undeposited funds and can be deposited later. Now choose the payment method, enter relevant info like date, sale no, etc. Choose upfront deposit in the detail section and enter the amount in the correct field after that you can click on the save & close button.
Can you list Down the Steps to Clear undeposited Fund account in QuickBooks?
First of all, click on +New icon and choose Bank deposit. Now from the account drop-down menu, select the account where you want to deposit the money or funds. Now you need to put a check-mark against each payment you want to combine and then you can click on save and close. This will clear the undeposited fund in QuickBooks.
How can I manually Enter the missing Bank Transactions in QuickBooks?
Start by clicking on the edit button and then click to choose preferences. Now select checking and then pick the company preferences button. Now go to the bank feeds section choose advanced or express and click on Ok.