The Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Desktop is used to receive the full payment when you sell the item. It is used to summarize the sales done regularly in a single transaction. It helps you to track the daily sales easily and conveniently. You can create a sales receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac as it includes the credit card, cash, or check payments in it. Here are the steps that help you to create it and then do track your daily sales also.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Create a Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Here are the steps that help you to create a sales receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. the steps are as follows:
- Open QuickBooks Software on your system.
- Click on the Customers menu option from the top.
- From the drop-down arrow of the Customer: Job field, choose the option, Job or Customer.
- If you are searching for a customer who is not on the list then click on the Add New button to add a new customer.
- Mention all the correct information related to that new customer in the form.
- The information like Date, Sale No., and more.
- Select the Payment Method that is used for payment by the customer.
- Now, choose the items that are in the sale.
- When you click on Add item option then the amount and description automatically occupy the fields in the sale receipt form.
Use Sales Receipt to Track Daily Sales Summary
You can also use the created sales receipts for tracking the sales summary regularly. After using a sales receipt you won’t have to do it using the specific customer to record and track it easily. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. You Have to Create a Sales Summary Template
- In QuickBooks, Click on the Customers option.
- Choose the option Enter Sales Receipts from the drop-down options menu.
- You have to fill the form. The fields in the form are as follows:
- Customer: Job field- Leave it blank.
- In the Pay method field- Mention the method of the payment that is check, cast, more if you track the sales using a payment method.
- In the detail area- Mention all the items that you have sold normally on the mentioned month, week, or day.
- In the Quantity column- Leave this column blank as you fill it at the end of a specific period.
- After filling the form, click on the Edit option.
- Further, Select the Memorize Sales Receipt.
- Now for the template, Write the descriptive name so that you can easily identify it.
- Mention the name in a descriptive way for this template.
- Then click on the OK button to continue.
- It adds the template into the Memorized Transaction List.
- Choose a different payment method and memorize the template if you track using the payment method.
- You have to repeat the payment step until you add all the methods of the payments.
- In the end, Click on the Cancel button to close the window of Enter Sales Receipt.
- Do not record the transaction.
2. Use the Template to Create Sales Summaries
- Click on the Lists menu option.
- Further, Choose the option Memorized Transactions.
- Click on the sales summary template you want.
- After that, Double-click on it.
- You have to complete the summary after choosing the template by following:
- In the column of Quantity, Mention the number that you have sold.
- If you have items that you have not sold; Click on the line item and then hit on the Edit option. After that, Select the option Delete line.
- Go to the Memo field; Write the dates for the period of time you are summarizing.
In the above article, all the detailed steps are mentioned to create a sales receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Follow it properly to get it done successfully. The team is also here to help you if you got stuck in between the steps. For queries or help, connect with the Dancing Numbers assistance team. Whenever you required the best solution in less time just get connected with the expert team members.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What if the Price of an Item is Changed then what to do with the Created Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
In this case, you have to create a new sales summary template that shows the new price for the item. Memorize the new template and then you have to save it with the same name that you have named in the original template. QuickBooks then replace your original template file with this newly created template file.
Can I Change the information in the Sales Receipt that I have entered while Creating a Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Yes, you can change the information easily and at any time whenever required in the sales receipt. For this, you have to open the Sales Receipt from the left side panel and then click on the edit option to make the changes you want to do.
Why choose Memorized Transaction option for Creating a Sales Summary after creating a Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
There are a few features that help you if the transaction is memorized transaction. Such as it saves your time, increases the accuracy of your bookkeeping, decreases the mistakes to be done, and also keeps tabs on the cash in the bank in a better way.