QuickBooks is used by the small and medium-sized businesses to help then calculate and manage their finances. There is one more feature that they get who are using payroll also. This feature is preparing the 1099s using the information of your account. It is one of the time-saving features that helps you a lot.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
After creating the 1099s forms, if you select the not to e-file with Intuit then you have to print 1099 in QuickBooks Online & Desktop copies. Then mail it to the IRS properly. After mailing these copies, it completes your process of filing with the IRS. After that, you have to print the copies and send the copy to each of the contractors you are working with.
So, to print 1099s forms the steps are mentioned accordion to the product of QuickBooks you are using.
Process to Print 1099 and 1096 Forms in QuickBooks
Examine the IRS guidelines first to recognize whether your vendor qualifies as an independent contractor before adding them as a 1099 vendor in QuickBooks Desktop. Below are a few important ideas to consider as you begin setting up your independent contractors:
Set up an Autonomous Contractor
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and then you have to click on Preferences from the Edit tab.
- Then, for Tax, you have to select 1099.
- Go to the tab for company preferences.
- When asked Do you file 1099-misc forms? You have to choose yes.
- In order to save the settings, click OK.
Add a Vendor in QuickBooks
- Select Vendor Center by opening Vendors.
- Then you have to select New Vendor from the drop-down menu by clicking on it.
- In the Vendor Name field, enter the name of the supplier you want to see on the list. You can find this in the vendor listing.
- After that, enter information in the tabs.
- The supplier may be modified to add more information.
- At last, you have to select OK.
To Get 1099-MISC in QuickBooks Set up Vendors
- Select Vendor Center by opening Vendors.
- Right-click on the supplier’s name to select.
- Then you have to click on Edit Vendor.
- After that, You have to verify the Details under the Address Info tab.
For Vendor Payments Set up an Expense Account
To Set up an Expense Account in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Begin by choosing the option of Edit and then you have to select Preferences.
- Next, on the left, you have to select Tax: 1099.
- Then you have to click on the tab of Company Preferences.
- You will see the option Do you file 1099-MISC forms? Then on top, you have to select Yes.
- Map your account to boxes on Form 1099-MISC after that.
- Undoubtedly, the QuickBooks 1099 Wizard will appear.
- There will be a list of the QuickBooks Desktop accounts used to track payments to 1099 vendors.
- Select the appropriate 1099-MISC box by clicking the drop-down arrow in the Apply payments to this 1099 box column.
- Most of the Vendors are paid using Box 7: Non-employment Compensation, but you should consult a tax expert before choosing which box to use.
- For each account listed, you must either choose to Include these payments in 1099 or select a 1099-MISC box.
- Once the accounts have been successfully mapped, click Save & Close.
Important Points to Remember
- In the address field, provide the appropriate state abbreviation and postcode.
- If a vendor is an individual, the first, middle, and family name fields must all contain the vendor’s name.
- In case you are aware of the company name but not the person’s name, leave the Company Name box blank.
- Then you have to choose the Tax Setup button and then choose the 1099-eligible vendor
- In the Vendor Tax ID Field, Enter the supplier’s tax obligation ID number and press OK.
- Follow steps 2 through 6 for each seller who qualifies for 1099.
Recognize the Names of the Companies and Vendors that Appear on the 1099-Misc Form
In QuickBooks Desktop QuickBooks features three name fields:
- Company Name
- Full Name
- Vendor/Contractor Name
Based on the Information Provided on 1099-MISC Forms, Possible Scenarios
Below are the probable scenes that are based on details entered in these fields:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, both Vendor Name and Company Name have values.
- Outcome: Both the vendor’s name and the company name will appear on the 1099-MISC form.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, there is a value for the Company Name and a blank Vendor Name.
- Outcome: The Vendor Name field cannot be left empty. However, you have the choice to enter the vendor/contractor name and leave the full name from the field. In such a scenario, the 1099-MISC Form will only contain the Company Name.
- In QuickBooks Desktop values for Vendor Name and blank Company Name
- Outcome: The Vendor Name will be the only field on the 1099-MISC Form.
- The Vendor Name, Company Name, and Full Name fields in QuickBooks Desktop can have different values.
- Outcome: On the 1099-MISC Form, just the Full Name and the Company Name will display.
How to Print 1099 in QuickBooks Desktop?
- First of all, Create the 1099s in QuickBooks.
- Now the window of Choose a Filling Method opens up.
- In this window, click on the button named Print 1099-NEC or Print 1099-MISC.
- You have to specify the range of the date for the form.
- Then Click on the OK button to apply it.
- Choose all the Vendors for whom you want to Print 1099s Form.
- Click on the button Print 1099.
- You have to check and confirm the settings of printer.
- After that, click on the Print button.
How to Print 1099 in QuickBooks Online?
- In QuickBooks Online Account, create 1099s.
- When you are done with Creating 1099s into your account then click on the option I’ll File Myself.
- You have to Select the Type of Form you want to print.
- Check the Alignment of the Form that must be correct.
- To Check and Verify Alignment click on Print Sample on blank paper.
- If the print is done correctly then click on Yes, looks good.
- If the Print Alignment is not correct then click on No, it doesn’t line up.
- To line it up follow the instructions shown to you on your screen.
- After that, Click on the Next button to Continue.
- Make the Confirmation for the Form to print.
- Click on View Selected 1099 Contractors to confirm the contractors.
- Now select the Print on 1099 forms.
- Click the Button Print to complete the printing.
- When you are done click on Next and then click the Done button.
How to Print 1099 in Intuit Online Payroll Full Service?
- In Intuit Online Payroll Full Service company.
- Click on the Tax Records option.
- Select the drop-down menu arrow of the Form Year you want to print.
- Click on the Form to Print and you are done.
How to Print 1099 in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced or Standalone 1099 service?
- Click on the Taxes and Forms option.
- Click on the 1099.
- Select the Date Range for the 1099s Forms.
- Click on Enter Information option to mention the information.
- When you are Done, click on Continue button.
- Your forms are listed and now you can Edit them for Updates that also includes the Contractor information.
- Click on Continue.
- Choose the option Print for Contractors or Print for your Records.
How to Print 1099 in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
- Create the 1099s in QuickBooks account.
- Then choose the Method of Filing in the filing method window.
- Click on the Print 1099-MISCs or Print 1099-NECs button.
- Mention the Range of Date specifically.
- After that, click on option to Select all Vendors whom you want to print 1099s.
- Click the button Print 1099.
- Now, you have to Confirm the Printer setting.
- Click the Print and you are done.
After print 1099 in QuickBooks Online & Desktop, You have to provide copies to your Contractors.
How to Print QuickBooks 1099-DIV Forms?
The 1099-DIV forms are those forms that are required to be reported to CPA firms, accounting firms, and any other financial institutions. These forms are one of those forms are supported by the W2 Mate. This article will explain how users can import and print QuickBooks 1099-DIV Forms.
Following are the steps that the user must follow in order to be able to print the 1099-DIV forms:
- First, The user must review the data that they had previously imported.
- Next step, After successfully reviewing the data that they had previously imported, the next step user needs to do is that they need to click the option titled ‘1099 & 1098 Forms‘ that they can see in the ‘Shortcuts‘ section.
- After selecting the option titled ‘1099 & 1098 Forms‘ that they can see in the ‘Shortcuts‘ section, the user needs to press ‘Print‘.
- Now, The user will be required to select the recipients from the list, and they will also be required to make the selection regarding the type of copy that they wish to print.
- Finally, the user can press ‘OK‘, followed by selecting the appropriate printer from the drop-down list, and then the user can simply press ‘OK‘. The print process will have been completed successfully.
Steps to Follow to Print 1099 from QuickBooks Online
The below-mentioned steps will help you to get the print of the 1099 form in QuickBooks without any hassle:
- First, go to the QuickBooks Online home screen.
- After that click on “Expenses” at the left and hit the “Vendors” option and then move to the “Prepare 1099s” option as highlighted in red.
- Now enter the company information which includes the name and address of the company. Also, if there are any changes required in the entered information you can click on the edit option available in “Pencil” icon. And Click the next option once all the information is correct.
- Payment Type Selection: Normally owners select the payment between the “Rent” & “Non-employee” compensation. You can choose the option by ticking the box beside. Once you select all options, there will be a drop-down box where you have to select the accounts from which you wish to make the payment in QuickBooks. Next you need to choose all accounts which are required and hit the next button.
- Verify the Details: You need to verify all the details which were entered and check if there is any error. Also, you can modify the tax year if you wish to print 1099s for the previous year or for the vendors.
- Vendor Information Verification: There will be the vendor list will appear next which needs the 109 form. This list is based on input which was filled previously in the vendor account, and it is simple to add the supplier to the contact list. You just need to hit on the option “Add from Vendors List” and choose who requires the form 1099. Click on the save option once all the steps are done.
- File the Printable 1099 Form: Once the vendors details are verified there is a final steps left which is select “Automated Electronic File and Delivery“. You can verify the data and make the required changes. This will save the manual effort to file 1099 form.
What to do if QuickBooks Can’t Print 1099?
Your web browser can cause your printer not to print your 1099 forms correctly. Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is recommended by Intuit. Follow the below steps if printing still doesn’t work on these recommended browsers.
- Select three vertical dots in the upper-right corner by going to Chrome and then you have to select Settings.
- After that, You have to choose Privacy and security and then Site settings.
- Before selecting PDF documents you have to select Additional content settings.
- Instead of automatically opening them in Chrome toggle download PDF files.
- Lastly, Try to print your 1099s again.
In case it doesn’t align on the print window then you have to select the dropdown menu for More Settings to verify Fit to paper or Fit to the printable area is not selected in the Scale dropdown.
- First, You have to select the menu by going to Firefox and then you have to go to Options.
- Then you have to choose General.
- Locate Portable Document Format (PDF) by locating in the Applications section.
- After that select the dropdown and select your PDF viewer in the Action column.
- Then again try to print your 1099s again.
When you are downloading as a PDF, in case Adobe is not the application that opens the document:
- You have to right-click the PDF.
- Then you have to select Open with and from the dropdown list choose Adobe.
- Again try to print your 1099s.
How to Correct 1099 in QuickBooks?
Know how to make corrections to 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC after you e-filed them. Through the 1099 service if you have filed your 1099-NEC or 1099-Misc, then you need to correct an error or filing on your 1099.
QuickBooks Online only allows you to file your 1099 once at this time. In a printed copy and sent in by mail to the IRS any corrections or any updates can be made.
Below are the mentioned points of how to file the amended form:
- Over the phone or order 1099-NEC IRS forms online at IRS Online Ordering for Information Returns and Employer Returns.
- Make sure to click the Corrected checkbox on the 1099-NEC form after you’re finished.
- Send the completed form to the IRS by mail.
- After that, provide your contractor a receipt copy as soon as you can so they may file their taxes.
To make a manual amendment to your 1099 forms you will need to work directly with the IRS. To do so use these IRS instructions. You must provide the revised return to the recipient or contractor yourself once it has been corrected.
In Tax1099 you can correct your 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC. Refer to this Tax 1099 article, Different types of 1099 corrections after forms have been submitted, for instructions on correcting your 1099s.
Above, you get to know how to print 1099 in QuickBooks Online and Desktop. With that you also get to know to how to print it in full payroll service, enhanced or standalone payroll service, and QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Just follow the steps to get the print of forms into your QuickBooks account.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What Corrections can I do in my 1099 Form When it is submitted?
You can only make changes when there is a future scheduled date. The type of corrections are allowed after the submission of form. There are 2 types of corrections that are as follows:-
A. Type 1 corrections
Wrong address is filed.
Wrong Box number is reported.
Have not filed 1099 form for a recipient.
Forgot to check corrected box.
B. Type 2 corrections
Wrong Tax Year.
Tax ID type from EIN to SSN or SSN to EIN and name combination change.
Wrong Tax ID or Missing Tax ID for Recipient.
Wrong Recipient Name.
If I don’t have the Reference Number to check the Status of Tax form Submission then How can I Check it?
A. Click on the Forms.
B. Then click on the Manage Forms.
C. Select the Tax year and the payer name to view the status of form.
D. In the Status Column, you see the things that are as follows:-
Pending: Your forms are waiting to submit to the IRS because they have future scheduled date.
Processing: The forms are submitted and going to be reviewed by the IRS and then accepted by them if everything is correct and according to norms.
Accepted: The form you submit is accepted by the IRS.
What Size offers by Intuit to Print 1099 in QuickBooks online and Desktop?
The Intuit offers 1099 forms size including the compatibility of double window envelopes that have size 5 ⅝” x 8 ¾” and other size is 8 ½” x 11”.
How to Print Your 1099 in QuickBooks?
● Choose either the Print 1099-NEC or Print 1099-MISC button in the Choose a filing method window.
● Give the forms a date range, then click OK.
● Choose and select all vendors for whom you want to print 1099s.
● To print 1099, click the button.
How to Download 1099?
Visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov/EmployerForms to get these instructions and other paperwork. Precaution: You cannot file certain Forms 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, or 5498 that you print from the IRS website because paper forms are scanned during processing.
Is there a Fillable 1099 Form?
A free fillable form can be obtained by visiting the IRS website at www.irs.gov if you need to send out a 1099-MISC. Once you have a copy of the form, you should become familiar with the various boxes that need to be checked.
Is it Possible to Get a Copy of the 1099-DIV From QuickBooks? If Yes, then How?
Yes, It is very much possible to get a copy of the 1099-DIV from QuickBooks.
Here’s how to do the same:
• First, Proceed to log into your 1099 E-file Service account.
• Now, Proceed to click Download and print copies for your record.
• Next, Keep following the instructions displayed onscreen until you reach the Download You 1099 Forms screen.
• Now, Select either Print for Contractors or Print for Your Records.
How can one Find a Copy of My 1099?
To acquire the transcript, Go to IRS.gov and submit your request using the Get Transcript function.
How to Find 1099 Accounts in QuickBooks?
For locating 1099 accounts in QuickBooks, Identify the amounts paid and to which accounts.
Here’s how to do it:
• First, Go to Reports, then select Vendors and Payables.
• Now, Select 1099 Summary or 1099 Detail.
• The 1099 Summary should be used to identify the suppliers, and the 1099 Detail should be used to identify the transactions.
List down few important points while printing the 1099 form in QuickBooks Desktop?
Print the individual copy instead of the collective one.
Collect the form once it’s printed completely.
Two copies will be generated one copy will be sent to the IRS and another will be sent to manufacturers and suppliers.
After that, you are required to select the -1 to place the print or +1 for Alignment and this option will provide you the facility to adjust the print size.
For MAC, What is the Way to Print 1099 Forms in QuickBooks?
Here are few steps which you need to adhere to Print 1099 Forms in QuickBooks for Mac
Turn on the QuickBooks account and create the 1099s. After that, choose the form the filing method window you need to select the method.
After that, click on the “Print 1099-NECs” or “Print 1099-MISCs” and enter the date.
Now, Hit on “Select all Vendors” to print 1099s and click on the “Print 1099” option.
You need to check the printer’s setting and finally click on “Print” option to make a printable 1099 form.