QuickBooks is used by the small and medium-sized businesses to help then calculate and manage their finances. There is one more feature that they get who are using payroll also. This feature is preparing the 1099s using the information of your account. It is one of the time-saving features that helps you a lot.
After creating the 1099s forms, if you select the not to e-file with Intuit then you have to print 1099 in QuickBooks Online & Desktop copies. Then mail it to the IRS properly. After mailing these copies, it completes your process of filing with the IRS. After that, you have to print the copies and send the copy to each of the contractors you are working with.
So, to print 1099s forms the steps are mentioned accordion to the product of QuickBooks you are using.
How to Print 1099 in QuickBooks Desktop?
- First of all, create the 1099s in QuickBooks.
- Now the window of Choose a filling method opens up.
- In this window, click on the button named Print 1099-NEC or Print 1099-MISC.
- You have to specify the range of the date for the form.
- Then click on the OK button to apply it.
- Choose all the Vendors for whom you want to print 1099s form.
- Click on the button Print 1099.
- You have to check and confirm the settings of printer.
- After that, click on the Print button.
How to Print 1099 in QuickBooks Online?
- In QuickBooks Online account, create 1099s.
- When you are done with creating 1099s into your account then click on the option I’ll file myself.
- You have to select the type of form you want to print.
- Check the alignment of the form that must be correct.
- To check and verify alignment click on Print sample on blank paper.
- If the print is done correctly then click on Yes, looks good.
- If the print alignment is not correct then click on No, it doesn’t line up.
- To line it up follow the instructions shown to you on your screen.
- After that, click on the Next button to continue.
- Make the confirmation for the form to print.
- Click on View Selected 1099 contractors to confirm the contractors.
- Now select the Print on 1099 forms.
- Click the button Print to complete the printing.
- When you are done click on Next and then click the Done button.
How to Print 1099 in Intuit Online Payroll Full Service?
- In Intuit Online Payroll Full Service company.
- Click on the Tax Records option.
- Select the drop-down menu arrow of the form year you want to print.
- Click on the form to print and you are done.
How to Print 1099 in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced or Standalone 1099 service?
- Click on the Taxes and Forms option.
- Click on the 1099.
- Select the date range for the 1099s forms.
- Click on Enter Information option to mention the information.
- When you are done, click on Continue button.
- Your forms are listed and now you can edit them for updates that also includes the contractor information.
- Click on Continue.
- Choose the option Print for Contractors or Print for your Records.
How to Print 1099 in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
- Create the 1099s in QuickBooks account.
- Then choose the method of filing in the filing method window.
- Click on the Print 1099-MISCs or Print 1099-NECs button.
- Mention the range of date specifically.
- After that, click on option to select all vendors whom you want to print 1099s.
- Click the button Print 1099.
- Now, you have to confirm the printer setting.
- Click the Print and you are done.
After print 1099 in QuickBooks Online & Desktop, you have to provide copies to your Contractors.
Above, you get to know how to print 1099 in QuickBooks Online and Desktop. With that you also get to know to how to print it in full payroll service, enhanced or standalone payroll service, and QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Just follow the steps to get the print of forms into your QuickBooks account.
What corrections can I do in my 1099 form when it is submitted?
You can only make changes when there is a future scheduled date. The type of corrections are allowed after the submission of form. There are 2 types of corrections that are as follows:-
A. Type 1 corrections
Wrong address is filed.
Wrong Box number is reported.
Have not filed 1099 form for a recipient.
Forgot to check corrected box.
B. Type 2 corrections
Wrong Tax Year.
Tax ID type from EIN to SSN or SSN to EIN and name combination change.
Wrong Tax ID or Missing Tax ID for Recipient.
Wrong Recipient Name.
If I don’t have the reference number to check the status of Tax form submission then how can I check it?
A. Click on the Forms.
B. Then click on the Manage Forms.
C. Select the Tax year and the payer name to view the status of form.
D. In the Status Column, you see the things that are as follows:-
Pending- Your forms are waiting to submit to the IRS because they have future scheduled date.
Processing- The forms are submitted and going to be reviewed by the IRS and then accepted by them if everything is correct and according to norms.
Accepted- The form you submit is accepted by the IRS.
What size offers by Intuit to Print 1099 in QuickBooks online and Desktop?
The Intuit offers 1099 forms size including the compatibility of double window envelopes that have size 5 ⅝” x 8 ¾” and other size is 8 ½” x 11”.