The set up customers in QuickBooks Online is important in your business. It makes your work easier and saves your time. To do this, you just have to add the customers into your QuickBooks online account. You can also import the customers if you have a prepared Excel sheet with all the information. In this article, you get to know how it is important, how you can set up and manage the customers. Just read the article and get all the information that is required to do this.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is the Importance of Setting up the Customers into QuickBooks Online?
If you want to create an invoice for your customers then you have to set up or add the customers into your account. This helps you to create the invoice for your customers as the customer’s profile is already added into your account.
Here are the few things that you get by setting up the customers into QuickBooks online. These things are:-
- Track the Sales by Customers – Easy to track all the items that are purchased by your customers or you can say that you sell to your customers. This way you can make a strategy to learn what your customers like the more.
- Facilitate the Billing of Customer – You can create the invoices for the customers in the Quick and easy manner. It is done with all the data that is stored in the Customer’s profile that is already created.
What information is Required to Set up the Customers into QuickBooks Online account?
The list of details that you required to gather before setting up the customers into your account are:-
- Company Name
- Contact details
- Website URL
- Opening Balance
- Email Address
- Telephone Numbers
After collecting the information in a spreadsheet; do take care that you separate the information column by column correctly.
What are the different Ways to Set up Customers in a QuickBooks Online account?
There are different ways that can be used to set up the customers in a QuickBooks Online account. To set up the customers you can add the customers manually. If you want to do it automatically then import the customers into your account easily. All the various ways are explained below so that you can easily set up the customers hassle-free.
To Add Customers Manually
- In QuickBooks Online
- Click on the Sales menu option
- Go to the Customers tab
- Click on the option Add customers manually
- After that you have to enter the customer’s information
- The information to fill such as title, first name, last name, company, display name, email, phone, other, website, billing address, shipping address, and more
- Then click on the Save button to save all the details.
To Add More Customers
To add the more customers you have to go to the customer record and then add more customers to it. The steps are:-
- In QuickBooks, go to the Sales
- Then click on the Customers tab
- After that, click on the New customer
- Now, fill out all the details in the window of Customer information
- The details that you have to fill ate tax info, other information, billing and payment details, etc
- After filling all information that is required, click on the Save button.
To Set up Customers by Importing CSV File of Customers
To import the customers into your account, you must have an excel spreadsheet ready of your customers with all the details. If you do not have an Excel sheet to import then prepare the excel sheet so that you can import it. Otherwise, you have to do the manual process that takes a lot of time.
To import the file the steps are as follows:-
- Open the QuickBooks Online
- Then in Sales, select the option Customers
- In that, click on New Customer arrow
- Then select the Import Customers option
- You have to select the option Browse
- Search for the Excel file to import
- Then click on the Open button and then the Next button
- After this, you have to choose the Excel columns for each field of QuickBooks Online
- With the above step, it is clear that which excel column is pulled in the QuickBooks fields easily
- Click on the Next button when the mapping is done completely
- Now, you get to the next page where you see the data that where it is going into QuickBooks
- Click on the checkbox of all the items you want to import
- After that, click on the Import option.
To Merge the Duplicate Customers
- Firstly, check that the both of the customers are not having any sub-customers
- In the Sales menu
- Click on the Customers
- After that, open the profile of customer that you do not want to have and want to merge in another
- Click on the Edit option
- Go to the field “Display name as”
- Then in the field, enter the customer profile name that you want to keep into your records
- Make sure that the name you enter must be same with which you want to merge it
- To save it, click on the Save button
- Now, when the confirmation arrived on your screen to merge the profiles
- Then click on the Yes button and you are done.
So, here you get to know the 2 ways for your query of how to set up customers in QuickBooks Online. You also get to know that the best way is to import the customers instead of adding the customers one by one manually.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.
How can I Delete a Customer when you have done the Set up Customer in QuickBooks Online?
If you have done anything wrong by creating a customer profile then you have to delete it. For deleting the steps are:-
a. Go to Sales menu in QuickBooks Online
b. Then click on Customers
c. After that select the name of the customer
d. It opens up the profile, then click on Edit option
e. Choose the option Make inactive
f. Then click on the Yes button
g. Now, the customer profile is counted as deleted.
After doing the Set up Customer in QuickBooks Online; how can I add a Sub Customer under the Customer Profile?
a. Go to the menu named Sales into your QuickBooks Online account
b. Then in Customers, click on New Customer
c. After that, select checkbox Is Sub-customer
d. Now enter the information about Sub-Customer
e. In the Parent options
f. Select the option parent account
g. Now, click on the Bill with customer or Bill with Parent if you want to bill the sub-customers individually
h. After that, click on the Save button.
Do I have to fill all the information related to Customers while doing Set up of Customers in QuickBooks Online?
Yes, you have to mention all the information that is required and important to bill the customer. So, you must have all that information so you don’t face any issues or problems in future.