Everyone thinks to keep the Chart of Accounts manageable and easy to access. If there are some accounts that are not in use anymore or inactive then you can delete them.
QuickBooks Online also has a limitation for the Number of Accounts based on your QuickBooks Online Subscription/Version.
There could be many more reasons that you are required to delete Chart of Accounts from your QuickBooks Online account.
To do it in an effective and fluent way or you can say using an automatic method; use the Dancing Numbers Online software. Dancing Numbers allows you to delete all the list and transactions in one go. As it allows batch delete as well as single delete by just applying a simple filters.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Below you get to know the detailed process to Delete Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks Online using Dancing Numbers Online Program.
Why it is Required to Delete Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks Online?
Many reasons are here because of that you are required to Delete Chart of Accounts:
- When the account is no more required.
- When you mistakenly created the account.
- When there is an issue in your Chart of Accounts and you are looking forward to create it again or a new one.
- When you make that account inactive.
- When the wrong account is added to the Chart of accounts.
Steps to Delete Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks Online with Dancing Numbers Online
Here are the steps that help you out to delete your Chart of Accounts easily without facing any issues:-
- First of all, Sign in with Your Intuit account for using Dancing Numbers Online if you are not signed in.
- Click on the Start button below Delete service.
- It takes you to next screen where you need to click on the Chart of Accounts option.
- You can Select the Filters for Accounts to delete
- The filters are:
- Account Type
- Modified Date
- Is Active
- Then click on the Next Button from the top right side of the window.
- A confirmation message displays on your screen that Delete has more than xxx number of rows. It may take a long time to fetch the data. Do you want to continue?
- Then click on the Yes button to continue with the delete process.
- It takes you to next screen named Select and Delete where it fetches and shows all the data according to the filter you apply. It may take some time to load according to the data and the internet speed.
- Now if you want to delete a few or specific accounts then click on the specific checkboxes manually. In case, you want to delete all then click on the top checkbox in front of the Name row to select all the checkboxes automatically.
- Hit on the Delete button that is on the top right side of the screen.
- Now make sure that you have saved your information or taken the backup before started this delete process.
- It may take some time to delete the Chart of accounts from your QuickBooks Online account depending on the amount of data and your internet speed.
Note: If you have any account wherein you have made any transaction or an account is associated with any particular transaction within QuickBooks Online, we won’t recommend you delete that account.
In the above article, you see how easy it is to delete Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks Online using Dancing Numbers Online. For any further queries, connect with the Dancing Numbers Online helpdesk team who is available all around the clock. Whenever you face any issue connect with the experts and get the instant solution for all your queries.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
How can I Identify Which Chart of Accounts got Deleted and Which won’t?
The accounts that got deleted are shown in green color on the same screen. Other accounts that are not deleted are shown in red color as they are used or involved in some transactions.
How to Check the Accounts Deleted or Not Deleted Specifically?
To see the accounts deleted then click on Deleted radio button above to see that specific accounts only.
To see the accounts won’t be deleted or have errors then click on the Error radio button to see that specific accounts only. It also shows the error for not deleting the account so that you can fix the error into your QuickBooks Online account.
Is the Delete Chart of Accounts is a Manual way or an Automatic way using Dancing Numbers Online software?
The Dancing Numbers online delete works as an automatic process. You are required to apply filters according to the data you want to delete from your QuickBooks Online account. Then the rest of the process is done by the Dancing Numbers Online software.
What if there is any Issue or Error When You Delete Chart of Accounts using Dancing Numbers Online Software?
In the case of error, it shows you the error that won’t allow the software to delete it once the process is done. As it displays all the data that you put into the delete process and show which is deleted and which is not.