Are you also tired of having many duplicate transactions into your account?
To delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks online account, here is the whole process for it. You are just required to implement the process and get it done in a simple and easy way.
Let’s get started!
For Removing the Duplicate Transactions in Register mode
When you are in Register mode, then the register is at the top and the transactions are at bottom. So if you want to delete the transaction that won’t match the proper transaction. Then you have to delete the whole statement. The steps are as follows:-
- In QuickBooks Online
- Click on the Banking menu
- Click the Bank Feeds
- Select the Bank Feeds Center
- From Items Received from financial institution Section, you have to find and select the statement
- After that, click the View option
- Now, you have to match the transaction
- Then click on Done to match them
- Click on the Yes button in the not finished matching screen
- Then, you get back to the Online Banking Center
- Find and select the statement that is same from the Items Received From Financial Institution Section
- Click the Delete button.
Deleting the statement, it helps in preventing the unwanted transactions from appearing on the next time when you download the statement. The transactions keep appearing if you won’t delete the matched or duplicate statement.
To Delete Duplicate Transaction in side-by-side mode
In the side-by-side mode the downloaded transactions are on the left side. So, the steps in this mode are as follows:-
- In QuickBooks click on the Banking menu
- Then click on Bank Feeds
- Go to the Bank Feeds Center
- Click on the Item reviewed section
- In this, you have to select the account from which you have to remove or delete duplicate transactions
- Click on the items you want to delete
- Then do select the transactions that you want to delete
- Click on the option Delete Selected to delete all the transactions you select
- Hit on Yes button to provide the confirmation
- Now, you are done with it.
What if the Duplicate Transactions are still Visible?
Check that the transactions are still showing on the Review tab or not if yes then you have to do the following:-
- In QuickBooks Online
- Go and select the Banking that is on the left menu
- Then go to the For Review tab
- Click on Duplicate transactions
- Hit on the Batch actions
- Then click on the Exclude selected
- In the tab named Excluded, you have to check the boxes for the duplicates
- Click on the Batch actions then click on the Delete button
What if the Duplicate Transactions are Matched or Accepted Already in QuickBooks Online?
In this case, you have to follow the steps below:-
- Click on the Banking in the QuickBooks Online left navigation menu
- Then in the QuickBooks tab, select the transactions that are duplicate
- Select the option Undo
- Go to the tab For Review
- In this tab select the transactions that are duplicate
- Then in the Excluded tab
- Tick mark the boxes for the transactions that are duplicates
- After that, click on Batch action to delete everything at once
- Then click on the Delete button and you are done.
So in this article, you get to know about how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks online. Also get to know to delete it in batch actions also. If you are in any mode there are the steps that you can follow and implement it easily.
How can I Switch Bank Feeds modes to Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
a. In QuickBooks Online, click on the Edit menu option
b. Then select the Preferences tab
c. On the left side click on Checking
d. Then click on Company Preferences tab
e. In the section of Bank Feeds, choose modes that you want to select:
i. Classic Mode
ii. Express Mode
iii. Advanced Mode
f. Then click on the OK button.
How can I Download the Transactions if I Delete Wrong Transactions when I try to Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks online?
a. In the QuickBooks Banking menu
b. Select the bank feeds then go to the Bank Feed center
c. From the list of bank accounts, select the account for your bank
d. Now select the Download transactions
e. Click on Synchronize and if you want to do it with particular account then select sync this account
f. Select the option Sync all from this bank
g. Then click on the OK button.
How can I Review and Match the Transactions before applying to Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Online steps?
a. In the QuickBooks Online Banking menu
b. You have to go to the Bank Feeds
c. Then select Bank Feed Center
d. After that, review the transactions in each category.