Commonly every organization has hired an Accountant to manage and correct the accounts-related records. Accountant’s very general task is to import all the modifications after corrections into the accounting software. Fortunately, QuickBooks contains the simple procedure for importing the Account changes with fewer steps. This article is all about how to import Accountant changes in the QuickBooks company file. However, it has been done through the system or the World Wide Web. Let’s explore the complete process to import Accountant modification in QuickBooks online and challenges occurring while importing such modifications.
Things you need to do before Importing Accountant Changes in QuickBooks:
- First of all, you need to take the backup of the company file for an easily accessible save point for preventing data loss
- If their applicable advanced inventory options in your QuickBooks make sure you disabled the advanced inventory features. Once the import process completes, you can turn them on.
How to Import Accountant Changes in QuickBooks?
It becomes necessary and time-saving to import accountant corrections to make the accounting system stay updated with the accounts. In case you sent an accountant copy to your Accountant with the accounting details, you can easily import their modification. It, in turn, automatically updates the company file of QuickBooks. There are two mediums available for sending accountant change files, i.e., saved files in your system’s hard drive or via the Accountant’s copy file transfer service for sending account modification through the Web.
Step-wise Process of Importing Accountant’s Changes:
- Initially, Open your QuickBooks
- Locate File option
- Select Send Company File button
- Click on Accountant’s copy and then choose Client Activities
- In case your Accountant sent you Accountant’s change File with all modified accounts, then choose Import Accountant Changes from File button
- Now browse your system for the desired file; make sure the extension of the file should be a .qby at the file name end
- Verify your Accountant used the Accountant’s copy file transfer service. If yes, then click Import Accountant’s change from Web
- After this, follow the instructions that appears on the screen to proceed with importing the accountant changes
- Wait for some time till the process completes
Step 2: Check your Accountant’s Changes:
QuickBooks online automatically add the Accountant’s changes. Verify it to get the confirmation sometime; the changes may conflict with the work. So check it correctly. In case of any doubts regarding changes, you can connect with your Accountant before proceeding.
- Once you are prepared to import changes, click on Incorporate Accountant changes
- If there is no further requirement of changing the import changes, then click on the Close button
- Hit OK to confirm the applied changes
- Choose Close button
- Choose OK and Close again
- QuickBooks will make another backup of the company file. You may also need to update the closing date with a password related to the Accountant’s modification; for this, you can check these changes for the future. Here are the steps:
- Open the file with the company file
- Find the PDF with the updated import files
Re-turning Advanced Inventory:
If your Accountant embeds the inventory transactions to the Accountant’s copy, they do not have the advanced inventory-related details. It includes serial numbers, lot numbers, or inventory sites. You can integrate the information manually if required.
Here are the steps to turn on advanced inventory:
- Click on the Edit option, choose Preferences
- On the left corner, click on Items & Inventory, then hit the Company preferences tab.
- Verify the inventory & Purchase Orders set as Active box
- Choose the Advanced inventory Settings option
- If you already have purchased the option and still the button appears grayed out, then you will require sync license data online; it will let QB recognize the purchase feature.
- To explore more, click on the Help button, then Manage my license
- After this, click on Sync License Data Online
- Verify that advanced inventory settings is not grayed out
- Click on Close and then re-open the QuickBooks application
Challenges of import Accountant’s changes in QuickBooks:
When users import Accountant’s changes in QuickBooks, they might experience unexpected errors. Some of them are below:
- QuickBooks cannot import the Accountant’s Changes
- You cannot choose import Accountant’s Changes from Web/File because the option is grayed out.
- QuickBooks unable to respond while importing Accountant changes
Here are the major reasons behind the issues:
- When you are trying to import data from the different company data file’s Accountant Copy
- Backup failure when importing Accountant changes
In the last, how to import Accountant changes in QuickBooks completes! Hopefully, the above information is helpful to confidently proceed with the import process of Accountant change in QuickBooks online. Meanwhile, if you need to save more time, you can use the Dancing Numbers tool to import Accountant changes in bulk with fewer clicks. Implement the innovative tool to get better productive outcomes.
How to fix Backup Failures while Importing Accountant Changes in QuickBooks online?
Disable backup verification. Here are the steps:
• Click on the Create Backup window
• Choose Local Back up and hit Options
• Give a click on No Verification and then hit OK
• Choosing the button pause the QuickBooks to verify data integrity; this may permit you to import the Accountant’s modification.
• Click on the Next option and wait till the backup process complete
• Check the data integrity of the company file
“I have imported the Accountant Copy, but due dates on the transactions are removed” How to fix it?
• Click on the Vendor or Customer menu
• Select Vendor center
• Do double click the name of the Customer that you require to correct
• Click on the Payment Setting option
• Select the right Payment Terms and Click Add New if required
How to resolve when Reconciled Transactions are unable to Import from the Accountant Copy?
If you are unable to view the reconciled transaction in the incorporated Accountant’s change report, then the issue might be due to more transactions. Up to 800 is the maximum number of transactions permitted for the reconciliation in an Accountant’s copy. Verify and modify the date of the reconciliation to break down the number of transactions.
In case if the error persists, then remove the restriction in the Accountant’s copy or recreate or resent another accountant’s copy to the Accountant.
How to fix Missing info in Loan Manager for Importing Accountant changes?
If an Accountant’s copy is created through company file and the restriction is applied and still showing an error. It specifies that the new entered loans into loan manager information are missing. When the Accountant changes have been imported into the actual file, you will require entering the new loan details to the loan manager.