If you are looking for the process steps to import Bank transactions into QuickBooks Desktop, you are at the right place. Importing Bank transactions directly to QuickBooks Desktop will save you from a lot of manual efforts and errors attached there with. You can easily import bank transactions into QuickBooks desktop from excel.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
You can import bank transactions through the Bank feed feature in QuickBooks. You should go for importing transactions because it will let you process bank and credit card transactions efficiently in a seamless manner and will let you focus on other business-related needs.
How You Can Set up the Bank Feeds Account?
To set up the bank feeds account you are required to perform some steps. These steps help you to do the process correctly and conveniently. Here are the steps that you have to follow to do the setup:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop by running it as Administrator
- Then click on the Banking menu option
- Further, select the option Bank Feeds
- Then you have to hit on the option Set up Bank Feeds for an Account
- After that, mention the Bank name properly
- Click on the Link your Accounts option and it takes you to another screen
- Here, select the bank account for which you are doing the setup
- Now, do follow the instructed steps shown on your screen one-by-one
- When completed you are done setting up the Bank feeds account.
What are the Ways to Download Bank Transactions to do the Import Process?
There are 2 ways that are used to download bank transactions. These two ways are as follows:
Way 1: If you are using QuickBooks Desktop for Downloading Bank Transactions
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to the main menu that is at the top left side
- Click on the option Banking
- From the further drop-down menu, choose the Bank Feeds option
- After that, click on Banking Centre
- Now you have to search for your bank and select it
- Then click on the Download Transactions option
- It takes you to the bank website into a browser window
- Sign in to your bank account
- Download the Web Connect files.
Way 2: If you are not using the QuickBooks Desktop to Download the Bank Transactions
- Firstly, open the Web browser that you are using into your system
- Now open your bank’s website
- Sign in to your account using the credentials
- After signing in to your bank account, download the transactions as the QuickBooks Web Connect file that is in .qbo format.
How to Import Bank Transactions into QuickBooks Account using the Web Connect Files?
After downloading the web connect file, you have to do the process to import bank transactions into QuickBooks. No matter whether you download the transaction using QuickBooks or without QuickBooks; import the file using Web Connect. The steps to do this are as follows:
- In your QuickBooks, sign in to your bank account
- After that, download the transactions from the bank account
- Click on the File menu option
- Choose option Utilities
- Further, select the Import option
- Now, you have to click on the Web Connect Files
- Open the .QBO file that you have downloaded and saved before into your system
- Select the bank account then hit on Continue button to proceed further
- When the import is done in QuickBooks you have to check it
- To check, click on the Bank Feeds center option to see the list of imported transactions.
In the above article, you get the easy process to import bank transactions into QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the process and then do it conveniently. Still have any glitches then connect with the Dancing Numbers team. The team members are here to help you 24/7 hours with the best assistance.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What if I am Enrolling in a Bank for the first time to Import Bank Transactions into QuickBooks Desktop?
In this case, you have to click on the bank enrollment link. Then apply for the direct connect. Then if it shows that you want any approval from the bank then contact your bank for approval. You can also ask them to get you the sign-in ID and password. After this, sign in to your bank account using that credentials.
How do I get to Know that my Bank Charges any Fee for the Service of Downloading Bank Transactions to Import Bank Transactions into QuickBooks Desktop?
To check that the bank is charging a fee or giving free service, implement the steps below:
In QuickBooks, click on the Banking menu option
Further, choose the Bank Feeds option
Now, click on the Setup Bank Feeds for the account
You have to mention the bank name in the field Enter your Bank’s name
Choose the correct bank and it shows you the information if any it charges any fee.
Is there Anything that I have to do before doing the Process to Import Bank Transactions into QuickBooks Desktop?
Yes, you have to take the backup of your company file so that if any glitches happen then you can restore that backup file.
While Processing Import Bank Transactions into QuickBooks Desktop can I Download the Transactions again?
No, you cannot download transactions into your QuickBooks account with the same company file. To do this, maybe your bank has to reopen the transactions on their side. This way you can easily download the transactions again.