In this article, you get to know how you can do the import process into your QuickBooks Pro account. Get started with the import steps and import a customer list into QuickBooks Pro. There is the process to import the customer list in the QuickBooks using Excel spreadsheet. You have to do it manually using the solution steps. You can import many things but here you get to know about the import of customer’s list only.
Here are some reasons for why you have to import the Customer list into your QuickBooks Pro Online account. The reasons are:-
- When transferring from older to the newer version of QuickBooks
- Migrating data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- You have data of Customer list that you want to add in your QuickBooks account
- Many other reasons.
What are the Steps to Import a Customer List into QuickBooks Pro?
The QuickBooks software opens the file in the formatted form. The format is an Excel spreadsheet in which you can easily add your information you want to. The steps to import the file are as follows:-
- Open your QuickBooks Pro software
- Then go to the File menu
- Further, select the option Utilities
- More further, click on the Import
- In Import, click on Excel Files
- When you get the window opens up for Edit or Add multiple List entries
- Then click on the No button
- For importing files, the Wizard opens up so follow the steps:-
- First of all, choose the type of data you want to import
- The QuickBooks open the file that is formatted already
- Then enter your information that you want to do
- After entering information, click on Save to save the file
- When saved, close the file
- You also get the option named Add My Data Now
- Review all the results and do view the Data in your QuickBooks
- Click on the Close after doing the above steps.
For importing any additional customer, you can use this option and you can go back to the window to add customers from an Excel file to QuickBooks.
To Import Chart of Accounts into QuickBooks Pro
Now, you also have to import the Chart of Accounts into your QuickBooks Pro. So the steps are mentioned below:-
- Firstly, create the backup before doing the import of Chart of Accounts
- Initially, open the QuickBooks pro account
- Click on the File menu option
- Then further, select the Switch to Single-User Mode
- Again, click on File menu
- Select the Backup Company option
- Click on Create Local Backup
- A new window opens up, in this, click on Local Backup
- Click on the Next button to continue
- Select the option Browse to get the location for your backup file where you want to save it into your computer
- You can also select the number of backup you want to make
- After this, when you are ready to backup the file
- Click on the OK button
- Click on Save it now button and then click on Next
- When backup is completed then you get a message of confirmation on your screen
- After that, you are done with the backup.
- Import Chart of Accounts
- Open QuickBooks
- Then click on the Lists menu option
- From drop-down menu, select the Chart of Accounts
- In Chart of Account, click on the Account field
- Then select the option Import from Excel to import the file
- Browse and select the Excel file that you want to open for import
- Select the file then click on the Open button
- Now, the Excel sheet is on in which you want to import the data
- After this, Map the accounts
- You have to type in mapping name
- Then select the account as Import Type
- In QuickBooks Excel Sheet, click the option Match all the information
- After matching, click on the Save button.
- Click on the import button if you’re doing it first time
- Then click on the Yes button in the confirmation window that opens up on your Screen.
All the information is correct and verified by the expert team who is here to help you. So you can process the steps to import a customer list into QuickBooks Pro account. The process is easy and the simplest way to do this process.
Why to Map Accounts to Import Customer Lists into QuickBooks Pro?
By mapping the accounts it tells QuickBooks how to import the data from the Excel spreadsheet to QuickBooks. The headings of the column in the QuickBooks are different from the Excel sheet. You also have to match them correctly.
What if there is any issue while Importing the Customer List and I lost the Data already in my QuickBooks account?
In this case, you have to restore the backup that you have taken before starting the process to import the customer list into your QuickBooks Online account. Do restore the data properly and again try to import the customer list properly.
How to add additional Customers if there are any missing customers in the Import Customer List to QuickBooks?
In this case, you can easily go back to the window import customer list and add the customers from Excel to QuickBooks account. So you can do this every time whenever you want to add any additional customers.