QuickBooks provides you a unique way to manage the business with strategy and security. QuickBooks Online is also known for its best features. You can access QuickBooks online from anywhere anytime; however, QuickBooks Desktop is widely used. Many users are using QuickBooks Desktop and while working they also need to convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
The below article informs you about the process of converting QuickBooks Desktop to QB online.
What are the Benefits of Converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online?
- Reports can be easily compared to the previous year to the current year
- Importing data to the online version is not chargeable
How to move QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is used by every small and medium-sized business owner, also is one of the most useful edition. QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere to make the work easier. Even you can back up the data anywhere anytime. Below are the methods to convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
Method 1: Verify Data
In this method first, you need to verify the data. To do so follow the below points
- Go to File >> Utilities >>> Verify.
- If there is any issue occurred while verifying the data then you will be asked to Rebuild the data
- After rebuilding the data, again verify to see if the issue has been resolved or not
Method 2: Save Company file in QuickBooks Online format
Open the QuickBooks Desktop and create the company file copy which is compatible with the QuickBooks online. To do the same, go to options Files >>> Utilities >>> and finally go to Copy Company files option for QB online. Now, save the file on your Desktop. It helps to create a new QuickBooks file with the extension “OE.qbw”.
Method 3: How to import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Once the above two steps are done then you can easily import QuickBooks Desktop to Online via Internet explorer.
- Go to option “Company” >>> select option “more” >>> and at last select Import QuickBooks Desktop Data.
- Now select the option “File” which you want to import and let the process complete
- Once the importing process finished, you will get a confirmation email
Convert QuickBooks Desktop files to QuickBooks online
Step 1: Checking the File Requirements
- You can import data to QuickBooks within 60 of subscription. If it is more than 60 days then try for the below steps.
- Convert the subscription to 180 days
- Using the new email setup to QuickBooks Online subscription verify the data
Step 2: Preparing the Data
- Before proceeding ahead, finish all your outstanding tasks such as bank accounts, inventory, and payroll, etc.
- Update your complete data before converting, here you can also delete the unwanted data
- Take the back up of your data in the data file. Now, in the QuickBooks Desktop file go to File option >>>backup company >>>Create local backup option.
Step 3: Create a QuickBooks Online Account
- Once work associated with data finished, create a QuickBooks online account and provide the important data required such as email address, Name, mob number, and password.
- When the above step is completed log out of the account
Step 4: Open QuickBooks Desktop
- After logging out, the new QuickBooks Online account open QuickBooks Desktop to export the data. Don’t forget to download the recent update
- For that simply go to the Help menu and click on QuickBooks update
- Now, click on the Company menu and select Export Company file to QB online
Step 5: Log in to QuickBooks Online Account again
- After selecting Export company file to QuickBooks online after login to the new account. The system will ask you if you want to export your existing inventory
- You should be aware that QuickBooks online values inventory using the FIFO method which is (first in, first out)
- The inventory will be calculated using the same method from the given start data if you click on yes to the value
Step 6: Choose QuickBooks Online Company
- Now from the drop-down select the QB online company where you want to import data
Step 7: Copy Data File
- After selecting the company file, copy the data file there, which takes some time
- After copying all data you will get a notification and you need to click on OK
- You need to send an email confirmation regarding the same once your data is ready in QuickBooks online, also you need to ask to complete the setup
- Before start working on QuickBooks online check if the data has been exported properly. You may also run a profit and loss statement and balance sheet report then can compare with QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
- You will get an email notification once data is ready
- Now, click on Complete your setup which takes you to log in to QuickBooks Online and review the data
You can contact the dancing numbers team available 24*7 for any assistance. The dancing numbers team is professional, polite, and having many years of experience in the same domain. Team members always provide the best resolutions with satisfaction to the clients. You can also email, or fill the contact form to get a response from the dancing numbers executives instantly.