Both Sage 50 and QuickBooks have their own set of benefits and it completely depends on the requirements of the businesses which software they need to deploy for their commercial setup.
What is Sage 50 & QuickBooks?
Sage 50 is a software product that takes care of invoicing and project management tools. On the other hand, QuickBooks is mostly into handling accounting and bookkeeping services.
Why do Businesses need to Convert?
There are businesses that might find it more useful to have accounting software deployed in their structure rather than having something like a project management tool. Conversion is for them.
Steps to Converting from Sage 50 to QuickBooks
First of all, check the software requirements and then proceed:
Step 1: Prepare for Conversion
- Install QuickBooks Desktop on the same computer
- Make sure both QB Desktop and Sage 50 are on the same computer
- In case the data file is on the server, you need to convert it to the server itself
- Create a backup of the data saved in Sage 50 before you begin the process
Step 2: Download Conversion tool
- Download the tool
- Save the file
- Right-click on the icon for QuickBooks Conversion Tool
- Click on Properties
- Go to the Compatibility mode
- Choose the checkbox reading Run this program in compatibility for and then select Windows 8 or 10 from the dropdown
- Select OK
- Right-click on the exe file for QB Conversion Tool Setup
- Choose Run as Administrator
Step 3: Covert Your Data
- Choose Browse in the conversion tool
- Select company file for Sage 50 to convert
- From the Database Name dropdown, select your Sage 50 file. Scroll and select multiple files
- Click Next
- Browse to choose the folder to save the converted data
- Click Next
- Review the data
- Click Convert File and start
- QB gets launched and the Application Certificate window appears with a request to access the company file
- QB automatically launches
- A certificate pops-up
- Click on Yes, Prompt Each Time
- Click Continue
Once done, you will get a prompt for Open in QuickBooks and it will open your file in few minutes.
Why Conversion is Required?
If you think it is more useful to have accounting software deployed in their structure rather than having something like a project management tool, the conversion is for you.
How to Setup Sage 50?
The steps are here:
1. On Sage 50, open the file you want
2. Go to the main menu
3. Choose Maintain
4. Choose Users
5. Select Setup Security
6. Choose Data Access/Crystal Reports
7. Click With the following login information
8. Choose Change and you can set your password
9. Click OK
10. Close Sage 50