QuickBooks is one of the greatest accounting & bookkeeping software which has been developed so far. User might need to change the registered email address while logging into QuickBooks, due to numerous reasons. However now, with the help of this module, we have made it easy for the users to do it. Now, you can update the desired email address with the help of old email address. To update the email address is necessary, as it one of the basic requirements for sending crucial and sensitive notifications and communications. Also, the email address is one way to retrieve the User ID or password. These are reasons which make it mandatory for the users to keep the email address updated after a certain time period.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
If you also feel the need to update the email address, but do not know what to do, then this article is a rescuer for you. In this post, we will briefly introduce you the process to do so. If you cannot access your registered old email any longer, check out the email change requester you can reach out to the QuickBooks professional. Our team of learned professionals will assist you with the procedures without any hassle.
Overview about Change Registered Email Address
Do you want to make change into the registered email address? Updation of email address is simple &trouble-free. This can be done into two ways as mentioned below:
- If you are able to access the old registered email address, then at this stage log into the QuickBooks Online & start following up a few straight forward steps to update the registered email address.
- Or if you are not able to access the old registered email address, move to the “Email change request” option.
Notifications You will Receive:
Notifications are one of the important aspects, as they can convey many things. There are many ways to get the notification that the user might receive via email, a few of the examples are as follows:
- Payroll newsletters which come on a quarterly basis
- Update notice for QuickBooks desktop payroll tax table
- Auto renewal notices for annual subscribers
- Order/Charge confirmation
Steps to Registered Email Address associated with the User ID
Here are some easy steps to update your email address which is associated with the user ID:
- To start with, you are required to choose the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- After that, in the “Profile” section, select the “User Profile” tab.
- Once it’s done then, choose the “Profile” icon.
- In the “Email address” section, choose the “Edit” tab.
- Write in the new email address & password.
- Click on the “Save” icon, and after that “Done” icon.
- Validate the updation done by using the activation link in the email that’s sent to the old registered email address.
If the User is a QuickBooks Online Accountant User:
- Click on to the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- Make selection of the “Your Account” tab in the section “Your Company“.
- Select the “Edit personal information” icon after making selection of the “Personal profile” icon.
- Click on “Change sign in info” tab in “Your Sign-In Information“.
- Select “Continue” option, and then it will redirect you to the sign in page.
- Type-in the account credentials and then hit on the “Sign in” option.
- Select the “Profile” tab.
- In the “Email address” column, hit on the “Edit” tab.
- Type-in the new email address & password, then select the “Save” icon.
- There is a confirmation message that the information has been updated and then click on the “OK” button.
Steps to Change the Email Address Associated with Your Business
- Make selection of the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- Hit on the “Account and Settings” tab “Your Company” section.
- In the menu section, choose the “Company” tab.
- Hit on the “Pencil” icon from the “Contact Info” section.
- In the “Company email” field, write the new email address.
- Hit on the “Save” icon, and then click on the “Done” tab.
Steps to Change the Email Associated with a Location (for location tracking)
- Make selection of the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In the “Lists” tab, choose the “All Lists” tab.
- Select the “Locations” tab.
- Choose the desired location you want to edit, and then in the drop-down lists on the action column, choose the “Edit” tab.
- Select the box for this location has a different email address for communicating with customers.
- Write-in the email address, and then select the “Save” tab.
Update Email Address for Notifications
- Firstly, sign in to “My Account“.
- After that, on the “Manage your QuickBooks page“, the user is required to choose the product that is to be managed.
- In the next step, the user have to check if login has been done in to the correct company, by looking at the top right corner. If not, the user have to choose the correct company from the drop down list.
- After that, the user has to scroll down to the “Authorized users list“.
- And later, choose the “Edit” option, beside the name.
- The next step in the process is to enter the “new email address” and click on “Save” option. Also, choose the “X” button to get back to the home page.
- In the last step, the user will receive notifications regarding the change in the email address.
Once the modifications are saved, the process of updation will be done for email address on the associated servers. We hope, this article would have proven helpful for you to know how to change your email address in QuickBooks..! However, If you are still facing issues to change registered email address even after following the above steps, don’t panic!
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.