QuickBooks is one of the greatest accounting & bookkeeping software which has been developed so far. User might need to change the registered email address while logging into QuickBooks, due to numerous reasons. However now, with the help of this module, we have made it easy for the users to do it. Now, you can update the desired email address with the help of old email address. To update the email address is necessary, as it one of the basic requirements for sending crucial and sensitive notifications and communications. Also, the email address is one way to retrieve the User ID or password. These are reasons which make it mandatory for the users to keep the email address updated after a certain time period.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
If you also feel the need to update the email address, but do not know what to do, then this article is a rescuer for you. In this post, we will briefly introduce you the process to do so. If you cannot access your registered old email any longer, check out the email change requester you can reach out to the QuickBooks professional. Our team of learned professionals will assist you with the procedures without any hassle.
Do you want to make change into the registered email address? Updation of email address is simple &trouble-free. This can be done into two ways as mentioned below:
- If you are able to access the old registered email address, then at this stage log into the QuickBooks Online & start following up a few straight forward steps to update the registered email address.
- Or if you are not able to access the old registered email address, move to the “Email change request” option.
Notifications You will Receive:
Notifications are one of the important aspects, as they can convey many things. There are many ways to get the notification that the user might receive via email, a few of the examples are as follows:
- Payroll newsletters which come on a quarterly basis
- Update notice for Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table
- Auto renewal notices for annual subscribers
- Order/Charge confirmation
How to Change the Registered Email Address Associated with the User ID
Here are some easy steps to update your email address which is associated with the user ID:
- To start with, you are required to choose the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- After that, in the “Profile” section, select the “User Profile” tab.
- Once it’s done then, choose the “Profile” icon.
- In the “Email address” section, choose the “Edit” tab.
- Write in the new email address & password.
- Click on the “Save” icon, and after that “Done” icon.
- Validate the updation done by using the activation link in the email that’s sent to the old registered email address.
If the User is a QuickBooks Online Accountant User:
- Click on to the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- Make selection of the “Your Account” tab in the section “Your Company“.
- Select the “Edit personal information” icon after making selection of the “Personal profile” icon.
- Click on “Change sign in info” tab in “Your Sign-In Information“.
- Select “Continue” option, and then it will redirect you to the sign in page.
- Type-in the account credentials and then hit on the “Sign in” option.
- Select the “Profile” tab.
- In the “Email address” column, hit on the “Edit” tab.
- Type-in the new email address & password, then select the “Save” icon.
- There is a confirmation message that the information has been updated and then click on the “OK” button.
How to Change Your Email Address in QuickBooks Desktop?
Manage Your QuickBooks is a page that may be found on QuickBooks Desktop. Any user can choose a specific service or product and edit it through this page. This includes switching the email address used for both logging in and receiving notifications from the software. Receiving a notification for the changes or updates made at your new email address is another way to validate the changes or updates made.
The following sections contain more information on how to modify your email address in QuickBooks Desktop.
Option 1: Change an Email Address in QuickBooks Desktop for Signing in
You can modify your current email address and login into QuickBooks Desktop with another ID. Pick a product or service from the Manage Your QuickBooks page that is listed there. The next step is to find the Company Name option and select the dropdown menu next to it. You can view Edit Login with the dropdown. Your email address can be changed in the software using this feature. You can then log in to your QuickBooks Desktop account using that email ID.
The following detailed instructions explain how to change an email address in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Start by signing in to QuickBooks Desktop and then go to Manage your QuickBooks.
- Now you have to choose a service or product that needs to be managed.
- Then you have to press the dropdown option that is next to Company Name.
- Now you have to click on Edit Login.
- For the profile enter the tab.
- After that, you have to choose the Edit option that is available near the Email Address.
- Type in a new ID in the Email Address.
- Now you have to press Confirm Email Address.
- Then you have to type the password that you are using for logging in and then press the Save tab.
- On the new email ID wait for receiving verification.
- Open the verification by your inbox and then tap on Verify My Email.
- It is necessary to click Continue after seeing Email Address Verified.
Option 2: Change an Email Address in QuickBooks Desktop for the Notifications
Let’s know how to change an email address in QuickBooks Desktop for the notifications. Only after signing in to your account the process to do so can be executed. To do so you can use your existing email address. After visiting the Manage Your QuickBooks page, you will be asked to select a product. You will eventually come across the Edit option, Which you can use to update your email address for notifications.
- To Sign in, Enter My Account.
- On Manage Your QuickBooks, Select a product or service.
- Make sure the correct company is logged in to. Or, you can select the appropriate business by tapping the menu button.
- Search the list for Authorized Users right now.
- Click Edit by your name.
- Mention the modified or new email address.
- Select Save from the menu.
- Next, Press the X button.
- Soon after these steps have been carried out, a notice will be delivered to your new email address. You will receive a message confirming the change to your email address.
How to Change Your Email Address in QuickBooks Online?
Use the settings whenever you want to update or add a new email ID to QuickBooks Online. You can choose to choose a new ID to sign in to your QuickBooks Online account by using the settings. The steps for updating the ID can change if you are using QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Below, you can see more information on how to change an outgoing email address in QuickBooks Online for your company. Additionally, you will see the other methods to change the email ID for the versions of QuickBooks Online.
Option 1: Changing QuickBooks Online Email Address for the Company
To change an email address for your company in QuickBooks you can initially open Settings. For Accountant and Settings, you have to look for Your Company following which you can opt. For the company option, a selection has to be made. Now you will see Contact Information. Your company’s email address can be updated in this information. Please keep a look that the email ID that you are updating or adding is correct.
- First, You have to press the icon that shows the Settings option.
- Search Your Company and then tap on it.
- The following action is to navigate to Account and Settings.
- Select “Company” from the list of available options.
- Then you have to click on Contact Info.
- You must locate a selection that says Company Email.
- After that, you have to press the Pencil icon that is next to the option.
- Now you have to navigate to the Contact Info section.
- Enter your company’s updated or new email address.
- Customer-facing Email should be chosen.
- Press save after entering the new email ID.
- To review the changes check the section of Contact Info and press Done.
- Now click on New. After that click on Invoice that is below the customers.
- Then you have to prepare a sample mail and click on Save.
- Check that the new email ID has been mentioned in the field of From and then click on Send and Close.
- After receiving the email, make sure that it mentions the new email address.
Option 2: Change an Email Address in QuickBooks Online for Signing in
Those of you who use QuickBooks Online are aware that you need an email address to access your account. You might not want to use your registered or preferred email ID for a variety of reasons. As a result, you may want to change it so that you can sign in using a different ID.
Run the Settings in QuickBooks Online to modify/update your email address. Depending on the available options, you can select either Your Account or an Intuit Account. The section for email addresses is found after this. You can change the current email address by selecting the Edit option.
Below are the few steps that are used to change your email address in QuickBooks Online:
- To open it you have to begin by clicking on QuickBooks Online.
- Then you have to go to the Settings option of the software.
- After that the options that are available you have to click on one of the following:
- Intuit Account
- Your Account
- Now you have to rush to the section of Email Address.
- Then tap on the Edit option.
- At last, For signing in enter the new email ID and then save it.
Option 3: In QuickBooks Online Accountant Change a Registered Email Address
Users of QuickBooks Online Accountants may decide to place their registered ID with a new email address for multiple reasons. By clicking the Gear icon, users of this version of QuickBooks can change the registered or default email address. This will be at the very top of the accounting software. Select Your Company from the menu, and then click the Your Account tab. You may access your Personal Profile from this tab and begin updating your information.
- Start by tapping on the Gear button in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Then you have to move to the Your Company option.
- After that, You have to click on the tab titled that is Your Accountant.
- Now you have to choose the icon that looks like a Personal Profile.
- Click on the symbol of Edit Personal Information.
- Move to the section that says Your Sign-in Information and then you have to visit the tab for Change Sign-in Info.
- Press the option of Continue.
- Mention your username and password on the sign-in page.
- Now you have to choose Sign in option. Visit the profile and look for the section of the Email Address. Enter this section.
- Click on the option of Edit and enter your new email ID. For this ID you have to enter the password and then click on the Save option.
- Now you have to wait for the confirmation message that will confirm that the email address has been changed in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- At last, You have to select OK.
Steps to Change the Email Address Associated with Your Business
- Make selection of the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- Hit on the “Account and Settings” tab “Your Company” section.
- In the menu section, choose the “Company” tab.
- Hit on the “Pencil” icon from the “Contact Info” section.
- In the “Company email” field, write the new email address.
- Hit on the “Save” icon, and then click on the “Done” tab.
Steps to Change the Email Associated with a Location (for location tracking)
- Make selection of the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In the “Lists” tab, choose the “All Lists” tab.
- Select the “Locations” tab.
- Choose the desired location you want to edit, and then in the drop-down lists on the action column, choose the “Edit” tab.
- Select the box for this location has a different email address for communicating with customers.
- Write-in the email address, and then select the “Save” tab.
Update Email Address for Notifications
- Firstly, sign in to “My Account“.
- After that, on the “Manage your QuickBooks page“, the user is required to choose the product that is to be managed.
- In the next step, the user have to check if login has been done in to the correct company, by looking at the top right corner. If not, the user have to choose the correct company from the drop down list.
- After that, the user has to scroll down to the “Authorized users list“.
- And later, choose the “Edit” option, beside the name.
- The next step in the process is to enter the “New Email Address” and click on “Save” option. Also, choose the “X” button to get back to the home page.
- In the last step, the user will receive notifications regarding the change in the email address.
Once the modifications are saved, the process of updation will be done for email address on the associated servers. We hope, this article would have proven helpful for you to know how to change your email address in QuickBooks..! However, If you are still facing issues to change registered email address even after following the above steps, don’t panic!
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.