With the launch of QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Enterprise 2022, there have been some features that are discontinued. These features are Scan Manager, Loan Manager, and Cash Flow Projector that are no longer available in QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Enterprise 2022. There are several alternative things that can still help the user to access these replaced features. Here get the complete information about What Features Discontinued in QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Enterprise 22 and what is replacement of these features.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Here are the features that are discontinued and also get to know what its alternatives are.
Can Still Attach Documents with Mobile
The attached documents have replaced the Scan manager feature. Now users can scan documents with the help of mobile devices in order to import the documents in QuickBooks.
To Attach Documents You Have to Follow the Steps Below:
1. Uploading from Your Mobile Devices
- Open the mobile application.
- Click on the Snap and Upload option.
- Further, choose the Document option to upload a document.
- Select the company to upload the bill and then click on the Continue button.
- Hit on the option Snap Document.
- After that, you have 2 options Camera icon and Photos icon.
- If you want to click the picture of bill then click on the Camera icon.
- If you already have a photo then click on the Photo icon.
- Then click on Use this photo if the photo you captured or selected is not blurred.
- You have to add the Name and Memo.
- Now upload the photo by clicking on the option Upload photo.
- Click on the OK button when done.
- Open and sign in to your QuickBooks account to check for the transaction.
2. For Attaching Documents in QuickBooks Desktop
- You can create a new transaction or can simply browse the transaction in which you want to attach the document.
- Go to Attach File.
- Then select and proceed to the search bar.
- Now, search for the uploaded document.
- Go and select Add.
- Then tap on done to add the document to the transaction.
Using the given instructions above, you can attach this document to many files.
NOTE: Refrain from uploading any sensitive information like Social security numbers, credit card numbers, or health information.
Still Track Loans in QuickBooks
It’s worth mentioning that certain transactions such as internet expenses and principal repayment are no longer automated. In QuickBooks Desktop 2022 users will have to insert data manually. For any involved payment, you will need to remain track of the principal and interest components. Moreover, there is a need to consult the lender’s amortization schedule. If you can’t get your hands on the timetable, seek an amortized calculator online.
Manually Enter Documents
Steps to Start Tracking Your Loans in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
1. For Recording a Loan in QuickBooks, Set up a Liability Account
- Proceed to the Lists menu.
- Tap on Chart of Accounts to Select.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen.
- Now, select the New button.
- Go and select Other Account Types.
- Then proceed to select the right account type for your loan.
- Tap on Continue.
- Enter the name and the number of the account.
- Select Save and Close.
2. Setting up the Vendor
- Go to the Vendors menu and then tap on Vendor Centre.
- Tap on New Vendor.
- Now enter the name of the company for which you need to pay the loan.
- If you want you can add other details of your Vendor (it’s optional).
- Select OK.
3. For Tracking Interest Payments, Fees, and Charges
- Tap on the Lists menu.
- Select the option Chart of Accounts.
- Go and right-click anywhere and proceed to select New.
- Tap on the Expenses option.
- Then click on the Continue button.
- Now enter the account name and details for the interest payments, fees, or charges.
4. Recording of the Loan Amount
The following steps are for recording the loan amount:
- Tap on the Banking menu.
- Further, select Make Deposits.
- Now if you see a pop-up with “payments to Deposit” window appears, select Cancel.
- Stay on the Make Deposit Window and do the following:
- Go to Deposit File.
- Click on the Account that you wish to deposit your loan into.
- After checking the Date, you now need to enter an optional Memo.
- Select the Liability Account you created.
- Now, enter the loan amount in the Account Column.
- Proceed to Save and then Close.
NOTE: You may manage and track your loans with QuickBooks Loan Manager if you want to keep track of them and be notified about impending payments.
Look for QuickBooks Desktop Marketplace on the Internet
Need to search for an alternative low-cost solution to cash flow projector in the QuickBooks Desktop Marketplace promoting third-party applications that are in turn developed and curated by the independent developer partners.
QuickBooks has stood firm and has proved to be a useful participant in the accounting sector for all business types. With a content skill set and all required solutions to accommodate one’s business needs, irrespective if you are just starting out or expanding and require additional up-to-date accounting.
As mentioned above, you get all related information with regard to QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version, centering on the present product models, updated features, and discontinued features for the year 2022. The alternative measures to put in use with the discontinued features are also stated in order to help you understand the workings of the same.
However, if you have any queries or concerns then you can reach out to our help desk and get in touch with the Dancing Numbers helpdesk team. The team members are up-skilled and can fix issues and are available at the earliest.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.
What if I have an iOS Mobile App then How to Attach Documents in Replacement of Scan Manager the Feature Discontinued in QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Enterprise 2022?
Firstly, sign in to the Intuit Account.
Choose the company to which you want to upload the document.
Go to the Home, then click on Snap and Upload Document.
Click on Snap Document.
Select the camera icon to take the snap of the document that you want to attach.
You can also select the Photos icon to upload the document.
Click on Use this photo option.
You have to enter the Name, memo.
After that, click on the Upload photo option and click on the OK button.
You have to open the QuickBooks Desktop company file to check the transaction.
How to Check the Attached Mobile Documents in the QuickBooks Desktop Doc Center that is used in Replacement of the Scan Manager Feature that is Discontinued in QuickBooks Desktop 202
In the QuickBooks Desktop Doc Centre, you can now see Mobile Documents. Doc Centre is available in the Mobile Tab, where you’ll find the uploaded documents. Here, users can also add documents to attach later.
Go to the Company menu.
Then tap and Select the Document.
After that, proceed to Doc Centre.
To check the newly added document go to the Mobile tab.
To bring the document to your Doc Centre.
In the end, select Add button.
Can I check the Uploaded Document in the QuickBooks Company File that is done using Alternative Methods as the Features Discontinued in QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Enterprise 2022?
You can only view or check uploaded documents if you are a primary admin or a company admin of QuickBooks Company. If you are not an admin then you are not able to check what users with other rules are uploading.