In QuickBooks Desktop import transactions, IIFs play an important role in the process of importing transactions such as bank transactions, general journal entries, accountant’s changes, batch transactions. Importing data saves you valuable time and money instead of starting from scratch; you can import information to and from QB. This makes it easy if you need to upgrade, convert, or create a new company file. It is also possible to import transactions into QuickBooks software using third-party applications which provide you IIF files data format. The below is the list of transactions that you can easily import using this format.
Transactions You Can Import
|Account beginning balances||Vendor bills||Vendor bill refunds|
|Cash sales to customers||Cash refunds to customers||Credit cards refunds to customers|
|Checks||Credit card transactions||Credit memos to customers|
|Deposits||Estimates||General journal entries|
|Invoices||Payments from customers||Purchase orders|
|Account transfers of funds|
Steps QuickBooks Desktop Import Transactions
To do the above-mentioned transactions, you can follow these steps:
- The very first, sign in as Admin to your company file
- After that, go to the File menu and choose mode option “Switch to Single-User”
- Next, create a company file backup
- This backup may need you later to restore the file back when the data doesn’t import the way you expected
- Now, go the File menu and then select Utilities >> Import >> Import IIF Files
- Select the IIF file after browsing it
- Once find it then click on the “Open” option
- In the end, hit the “Ok” button to ensure that the data was imported.
Steps to Import transaction from .CSV file into QuickBooks Desktop
- Initially, go to Banking and select it from the left menu
- Next, using the drop-down select Update
- For UK version: User need to perform the step 2
- Hit the Update transactions manually
- Now, choose the file to upload or File upload
- After that, search and select the saved .CSV file
- And then click on the “Next” button to move forward
- Using the drop-down, select the account from the QuickBooks Account which you want to import
- Again click on the “Next” button
- Map the fields according to the .CSV file format
- Hit the “Next” option once again
- Once you’re done with mapping then select the transactions to import
- Once again hit the “Next” button
- Then you’ll receive a notifications and you have to click on “Yes” button
- When you receive the import confirmation and then hit the “Finish” button
- At last, you’ll be directed to the Downloaded Transactions Window where you can find the imported transactions under the New Transactions tab.
QuickBooks Desktop Import Transactions using Accountant Batch Entry Feature
- Firstly, go to the QB Accountant company file
- Next, select the menu named Accountant and then Batch Enter Transactions
- After that you can see a screen of grid entry
- Now, select the appropriate Transaction Type which you want to import
- The options available to import such as Deposits, Bills & Bill Credits, Credits Card Charges and Credits, and Credit Memos
- Once you’ve selected the required options then open the Excel spreadsheet containing the transactions that you wish to batch
- Enter the same into QuickBooks and then make a right-click on the selected rows to copy it
- Now, click into the first cell in the Batch Entry register
- And then select paste option by making a right-click on it
- When the data is entered, QuickBooks will validate in red for unexplained records, and then Quick Add or Set Up can be selected and added.
- You may choose to divide lines if needed, highlight the row and click the Split button and enter the Split information.
- Finally, click the “Save Transactions” button when all the batch data is entered and the transactions will be imported into QuickBooks desktop in batch.
The above described different ways helps you to do QuickBooks Desktop import transactions with much ease. So, start importing the data quickly with the help of easy steps and get better results in all manners.