QuickBooks Pro accounting software is an accounting software meant for small and medium-sized enterprises which includes features like the organization of business finance, simple and easy to use, can quickly import data from excel and Quicken. Also, there are three types of subscription plans under the umbrella of QuickBooks Pro software i.e. Pro plus, Pro plus + payroll, and Enterprise.
In this article, we will look into the process of steps for uploading an Excel data file or csv file into QuickBooks Pro in a seamless manner.
Steps to upload Excel Data or CSV File into QuickBooks Pro:
Step 1. At first, you will have to install the QuickBooks import Excel and CSV tool kit, you can do so by following below simple steps:
- First, you need to open the file download window for the toolkit and click on save.
- Now save the file on Windows desktop and double click on QuickBooks_Import_Excel_and_CSV.exe to open the WinZip self-extractor window.
- At this step, click on browse and choose the location folder to install the toolkit, and click on OK.
- After that, click on unzip to extract the contents, and once it is done close the WinZip self-extractor. Your toolkit s now ready to use.
Step 2. For using the standard import option for uploading Excel or CSV file, you need to follow the below sub-steps:
- First, click on File menu > Utilities > Import and then Excel files.
- Click No, if you get the Add/edit multiple list entries windows.
- Now follow the Import-wizard on-screen i.e. choose the type of data, once the excel or CSV file is opened, enter your data and save and close.
- Now you will get the ‘Add my data now’ option. Review the information and click on close and done.
How Dancing Numbers will Help You?
Dancing Numbers is SaaS-based software that can easily be integrated with your QuickBooks account. You can import, export, and delete lists or transactions from your company file. Using Dancing Numbers you can simplify and automate the process, saving time and increasing productivity. Just fill in a few fields and apply the relevant features to complete the task.
It saves your time and money that you can invest in your business. It has no human errors, works automatically, provides a user-friendly interface (easy to use and learn), and more. You can also have access to the comprehensive features set if you use it to Bulk import, export, and delete services.
How can I Export a CSV file from QuickBooks?
Go to List > Item list > choose Excel drop-down and choose ‘export all items’. Now in the Export window choose a CSV file and click on Export. Save the file on your preferred location and open and edit as required.
I have a QuickBooks pro Subscription; can I use it on more than one Computer?
Yes, as a matter of fact, you can use your QuickBooks pro license allows you to install and use QuickBooks Pro for up to three users and a computer.
What is the Process of Importing Journal Entry from Excel to QuickBooks Online?
First, click on the Gear icon > click on import data> choose journal entries > click browse and find your CSV or excel file on the download page. Map the required information and click on next and start import and then finally click on done.
How can I Import Excel Deposits into QuickBooks Desktop?
Click on File > Utilities > click on import and select Web connect files > now choose the file and click open, choose the bank account if already created, and click continue. When the data is successfully read, click OK and go to Bank feeds centre to check the imported transactions.