Users are struggling with how to import Customer Credit Notes into QuickBooks no need to worry; this guide makes it easy for you. In this guide, we will walk you through quick and simple steps so that you can save your time and focus on other work for your business.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Things can be imported into QuickBooks
The below-listed are the following things that you can import into QuickBooks with much ease:
- Supports multi-currency
- For each invoice, credit notes can be imported with several line items OR as a complete value.
- VAT codes are mapped so there’s no need to update the VAT codes before importing into QuickBooks VAT code formats.
Important Note: It is recommended that a maximum of 100 credit notes can be imported at one point of time.
Quick and Simple Steps to Import Customer Credit Notes into QuickBooks
Check out the appropriate steps to import your credit notes. It is advisable for you to follow the steps in the given sequence order only. If you missed out any steps or do not go with the sequence order then import might not happen successfully and might give you errors. So do perform the steps with lots of attention. The steps involved:
Step 1: Open Your Import Credit Notes Tool
- Initially, open your QuickBooks
- Next, Go to Gear icon that you can see on the top
- Now, under the Tools section select “Import Data” using the drop-down
- At last, choose the option named “Import credit notes“
Step 2: Next, You have to Upload Your CSV file
- The very first step is to preview the credit notes that you wish to import
- When you verified all the mandatory fields are correct
- Then select Browse and choose the file with an extension .csv
Note: If no item is present QuickBooks will populate this field with a generic item called “Sales”
- Now, you can see that there is auto-create option
- You can create new line items or customers
- In case, if you want auto create line item and/or customers then you can check out the applicable option
- Once find then hit the “Next” option
Step 3: Map Column Headings
- Firstly, make sure that the mandatory fields must be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Along with that other required field must not be present or “Not Applicable” should be selected
- Now, choose the format of the date, i.e. DD/MM/YYYY that you’ve used
- Next, choose the VAT option if relevant; Inclusive or Exclusive.
- In case, if VAT option is not available or not set up in QuickBooks
- Then map your VAT code on the final page of mapping
- And then click on the “next” button
- If any mapping problems will be illustrated at this point so you can go back and fix them.
Step 4: Import Credit Notes
- Once you are completed the mapping section then an import summary will appear on your screen
- Now, click on the “Start Import” and the process will start importing
- Once the import process completed then an import summary display on the screen
- In case, any credit notes fail to import then make a note why it happens
- Next, hit the “All Done” and then you get a final overview of your completion
- Finally, press the “Ok” button to complete the process.
So, you can perform the above-mentioned carefully steps and import Customer Credit Notes into QuickBooks at ease.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.