A single error while setting up QuickBooks on a Windows system can prevent you from accessing the online banking feature in your QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions.
In today’s article, we will talk about one such online banking error of QuickBooks that arises whenever you sign in to your particular bank account. Once you experience the QuickBooks Error code 179, QuickBooks gets disconnected from the bank account automatically.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Now, when you will attempt to log in or try to reconnect again, it will display the error code 179. This particular QuickBooks error code 179 can arise due to several reasons. In today’s article, we have talked about all such reasons behind the occurrence of this error along with effective solutions to fix the issue.
What Does QuickBooks Rebuild Error 179 Mean?
To sustain the right records in QuickBooks, you are required to be in sync with your particular financial records. In order to do so, it is imperative to log in to their respective bank website frequently and monitor the different data and details.
But, that is not the case with several users, since they are compelled to experience the error 179 in QuickBooks Desktop among all this. Consequently, they fail to Update the details of their account and hence they get locked out of their particular online banking account. Below are some of the most common causes of QuickBooks Error 179.
- List Entries are Missing.
- A chain of Fatal Errors was Initiated by other Fatal Errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Other Accounts are not Updated with the Balance Sheet Reports.
- Errors in Company Files, Such as Missing Transaction Data.
- The Payments to Deposit Window Incorrectly Displayed Deposited Payments.
- Reports with Disparities, such as Negative Invoice and Bill Values.
- Transaction Log Files do not Match QuickBooks Total Number of Transactions.
Recommended To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error H101
What are the Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 179?
In case you fail to update the banking details even when you have a robust internet connection, it is quite obvious that something is improper in your particular QuickBooks applications.
There are some known symptoms that will assist you to authenticate QuickBooks Desktop error code 179:
- When you visit the website of your particular bank, you may be able to get the banking data and info.
- Your transactions will lack data or details may get deleted by mistake.
- The application on your screen will freeze and will not respond or may shut down suddenly
- The QuickBooks program will ask you to run Rebuild on your particular company data file in the form of a screen message.
- Windows will show a trigger notification that Windows has been damaged or corrupted.
- In case you are using QuickBooks, it may fill the null values in the given key fields automatically.
What are the Causes Behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 179?
Temporary internet files and browser cache files are one of the most obvious reasons due to which QuickBooks experiences the login error 179. Here is a run-down of the list of the causes that may trigger the error code in your QuickBooks application:
- If you have added the wrong login credentials by mistake, then QuickBooks experiences the error message 179.
- You have logged into your bank account from several devices when trying to connect with QuickBooks again. As a result, QuickBooks error code 179 arises.
- The user is attempting to log in to an invalid or wrong bank account in QuickBooks.
- Once you have updated your online banking login credentials, but not updated them in QuickBooks, it may lead to a mismatch.
What are the Preconditions of Deleting the QuickBooks Error Code 179?
Prior to implementing the troubleshooting steps, It is imperative that you meet certain prerequisites as provided below:
- Ensure to choose the right bank account in the QuickBooks applications prior to reconnecting with the account.
- You are not signed in to your particular bank account from other devices such as tablets or phones. Not to mention, there are no numerous logins.
- Authenticate the internet connectivity and make sure a strong connection to helping QuickBooks to link with the banking server for the purpose of account reconnection.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Techniques to Fix QuickBooks Error 179
A QuickBooks user can attempt repairing the QuickBooks error code 179 by conducting the steps mentioned below:
Estimated Time: 25 minutes
Method 1: Troubleshoot Browser Issue
An unwanted assembly of browsing data may trigger the error code 179 in your QuickBooks account. Hence, It is recommended that users must eliminate the browser data and then try logging in to their bank account once more.
• In this Process, Users must open Google Chrome. Then press on the three dots that can be seen on the system screen
• Once it is done, the browsing history consisting of the cache must be deleted.
• Users are now required to log in once more to the website of the bank.
Method 2: Update Financial Institution Data
Ensure that your QuickBooks data matches the bank account details. If there are any discrepancies, QuickBooks Desktop will not be able to pull in the bank account details.
• Launch QuickBooks Desktop and Select Tools option.
• Click Online Center in the menu and Select Your Bank from the list of Financial Institutions.
• Select Contact Info by pressing Ctrl and F3 at the same time on your keyboard.
• Click on Update/Send after setting the Profile and Branding Information to ‘Needs Updating’, make the Necessary Changes, and Enter the Password if prompted.
• Add the information by selecting Update Now.
• Then, Log into the Bank Account and try to Access the Data from QuickBooks. If that doesn’t work, you might need to make changes to the Windows Registry.
Method 3: Repair Windows Registry
QuickBooks Desktop’s Settings and options are stored in the Windows Registry. Restoring the program might resolve the error.
• Firstly, You must press on the Start tab
• No, You need to add the Command in the given search bar. Now press on the Enter tab.
• Once it is done, The next step is to enter the regedit in the given black box.
• Now, Choose the error 179 related key.
• Next, Save the key detail.
• Also, Prepare a file and allocate a name to it.
• Now the user must choose the reg extension and then save it.
• Now users need to attempt to login in to the bank website to make sure that issue is resolved.
Additional Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 179
Method 1: Sign out from the Online Banking Account
Another useful approach to solve QuickBooks error 179 is to sign out of the last logged-in account of the particular bank account. Once done, log in to the Online Banking account.
- First, Users are required to log out of the website of bank from all the systems.
- Now, Ensure that no one else is accessing the same credentials in order to log in.
- The final step is to log in as an admin to the website of the bank.
Method 2 : Update the Particular Bank in Your QuickBooks Account
- Firstly, Run QuickBooks and then shift to the Tools tab
- Now, The users are required to press the Online Center
- After that, Users should choose the Financial Institution and then press on the choice that they wish to choose.
- Now, Click the Ctrl+F3 keys
- Now the user will need to shift to the Online Center and then press on the option for Contact Info.
- Now refresh the Financial Institution.
- Users will then check the Profile Info provided on the screen.
- Thereafter, You need to update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now Press on the option, Update/Send
- Type the Password if required.
- After that, A user must update the account.
- The final step is to see if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 3: Access the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
- Firstly, You need to shut down any windows that are open in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program on your computer.
- Run the provided file QuickBooks ToolHub.exe to install the particular software.
- Now do as per the instructions provided on-screen to download and give consent to the Terms and Conditions of the Intuit enterprise.
- Press on the icon two times and then open the Tool Hub program.
- Now, Choose the option Company File Issues from the provided Tool Hub program.
- Now press on the option, Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The file doctor tool may take its time to open.
- Once it is completed, in the QuickBooks File Doctor tool the user must select the company file from the given drop-down menu. Now press Browse to look for the file.
- Now select the option, Check the File and then press Continue.
- Lastly, type the QuickBooks admin password and then choose Next.
If you are locked out of your QuickBooks account and the issues still exist, then we highly recommend you wait for some time and then attempt to reconnect your particular bank account once more. Also, you can download the bank feeds from the website of the bank and then upload them to your QuickBooks account to update the transactions manually.
If you need professional assistance to help you out with the steps or resolve any query, give us a call. We have a team of QuickBooks experts available for you 24×7. Our experts have hands-on experience in handling errors like 179. We will guide you in every step and will assist you to get rid of the problem in the most hassle-free manner.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
What are the Key Points one must keep in mind before Fixing QuickBooks Error 179?
Here are the key points one must keep in mind before fixing QuickBooks Error 179:
Before you reconnect the account, ensure that the right bank in QuickBooks is selected.
Ensure that you are not logged in to your bank from any other device.
You must have a strong internet connection to make sure QuickBooks can link with the banking server.
Can I Access the File named QBWin.log in the Windows System to Repair the Error 179?
Yes, You can access the file named QBWin.log in the Windows System to repair the error 179 with the following steps:
Step 1: Open the File explorer.
Step 2: Now go to My Computer.
Step 3: Now open the particular location C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\Log\XX.X\QBWin.lo.
Step 4: The version of the QuickBooks program is XX.
What is the Purpose of Rebuilding in QuickBooks?
Rebuild in QuickBooks fixes small company file problems automatically.
How Frequently one must Rebuild Data from QuickBooks?
It is possible to rebuild data. You can do it by running it every week two times. As a result, it will assist you to find the problems beforehand and also it will not affect productivity in any manner.