QuickBooks plays vital report in contributing the growth of hundred of thousand companies all around the world. Its main work is to help small and the mid – size business owners in accounting and in handling the multi task. It includes Bookkeeping, preparation of tax and creating of invoices in easy method. But some time it receives the errors which are to be rectify on a immediate action. This article will help you in troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error 6000 due to which you can easily access your company file and continue with your work
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
But the QuickBooks is the accounting software which also assists the user in resolving any of the error which you mentioned and it will be very helpful for performing our task.
Each error has its defined error code that code is provided by the company. With the help of that code, you came to know that what type of issue is this, why it is occurring, how you can resolve it and what the causes of the issue etc are.
From all the QuickBooks error, one Error is QuickBooks Error 6000. This is the group of Three-to-Four-digit numbers. This type of error is usually related to the error which occurs due to incomplete installation or if there is an issue regarding the installation which occurs at the time of installation.
About QuickBooks Error 6000
The QuickBooks Error 6000 is the common error which occurs when you are trying to open the file of the company. There are the different types of errors which occur in the 6000 series.
Here are the Different -6000 Series Errors You may see:
|Errors Code||Possible Causes|
|-6176 , 0||The firewall between the two computer is blocked.|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is completely corrupted.|
|-6000, -1076||The installation of the QuickBooks is corrupted.|
|-6010, -100||The wrong computer is hosting the company file as which is not the server.|
|-6012, -1061||The network setup is incorrect.|
|-6129, -101||The permission of the folder is not correct and the QuickBooks Database Server Management is not working properly.|
|-6190, -816||While performing its job the user is working in the single user mode and it can mismatch the transaction between the log file and the file of the company.|
|-6000, -832||When .ND file is not working properly and when there is the error due to hosting|
|-6144, -304||Whenever you start your QuickBooks.|
|-6000, -305||The company file is damage or the network setup is incorrect|
|-6073, -816||When the multiple computers are hosting the file, the setting of firewall is blocking the connection, The file is damage.|
|-6144, -103||The path of the. ND file is incorrect, or the Damaged QuickBooks Database Manager.|
|-6120, 0||The hosting system of the company file or the firewall port is also blocked.|
|-6087, 0||Whenever the file is locally open this error will occur automatically.|
|-6147, 0||Whenever the company backup is restore and the company file is open at that time the error will occur automatically.|
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000
Following are the causes which are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6000 series:
- The file of QuickBooks is corrupted.
- The configuration of the network connection is not done properly.
- If the two or more users are logged in for the same file, then the error may take place.
- The company file is not accessed by the server as it is not allowed to access.
- The permission of the file is not accessed as the user have no permission to access it.
- When you are trying to take the backup of your file.
- The connection of the firewall is blocked.
- The files with .TLG extension is corrupted.
- The company file or the company file is damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000
Following are the symptoms of QuickBooks 6000 due to which you are able to know that the issue is arising:
- System crashes again and again.
- The Error Message pop up on your screen from 6000 series.
- The peripherals attached to the system are not responding properly.
- System is working slowly.
Troubleshooting of the QuickBooks Error 6000
Following are the solutions of the QuickBooks Error 6000:
Locally opening of the Company File
Following are the steps for the opening of the company file locally:
- Open the folder where your company file is stored.
- Now search for the file with the extension .QBW.
- Right click on the desktop and select paste tab to paste the copy file.
- Hit the ctrl key on the keyboard and then open your QuickBooks.
- Now you have to navigate to the no company open window.
- Click on the open or restore an existing company folder.
- Now go to the desktop and search for the file that is copied or open.
Restore the Backup of Company File
- First you have to open the folder which had a file which you want to restore.
- Navigate to the file menu and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu of file click on the utilities option.
- In case in the list of option you have option Stop Hosting Multi-users access then you have to select it.
- Now, hit the yes button on the pop ups.
- Make sure that the name of your company file does not consist more than 210 characters in it.
- Now you have to try for Restoring the Company File again.
Renaming of .ND and .TLG Files
- First you have to open the folder where you have store your company file.
- Now you can search for the company file which you want to fix.
- Write down the name of the company file.
- Find out for the file .ND and .TLG files which have same name.
- For changing of the extension you have to right click on the file.
- Rename the file extension with .OLD file with the name of the file.
- Now reopen your file and try to log in.
Configuration of Firewall Ports and the Antivirus Software
- First you have to locate the port monitor tab.
- Now search for the QuickBooks Version.
- Now you have to write down the port number of the firewall.
- Navigate and access the windows firewall and then move towards to the advance settings.
- In Advance settings right click on the inbound option and select the new rules.
- Now you have to hit on the port and then select for the next tab.
Open the Sample of the Company File
- First you have to open the sample of the company file.
- Now open the folder that which contains the required company file.
- Now search for the file as per your requirement.
- File must end up with the .QBW extension.
- Once you find the file then press the right click on the file and then hit the copy button so that file is copied.
- Press the right click anywhere on the desktop.
- Click on the properties option from the list of options.
- Now you have to open QuickBooks.
- As you open QuickBooks you will directly redirect to the No company open window by hitting the control Key.
- Now you have to go back to the existing company.
- The last and final step is to find the file of the company which you have copied in the previous step open it and then go to the desktop.
Close all the Processes Which are related to the QuickBooks
- The first and the main thing you require for this is the access of the admin profile that means you must log in with the Admin ID and password.
- Press Ctrl + shift + Esc together on the keyboard, the task manager will open in front of you
- Now click on the user tab in the task manager.
- Exit from the screen by hitting the end task button.
- In each and every QuickBooks process is highlighted.
- Now you have to open the file in multi-user mode so that you can complete your task.
Check for the Permission of the Folder
- First you have to navigate to the My Profile data Properties.
- Hit on the security tab in the list of options.
- In order to check or change the permission click on the edit tan in front of the to change permission option.
- The new permission window will pop up in front of you.
- Select system option from the security window.
- Now in you can easily check all the permission of the system.
QuickBooks Tool Hub for Running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First you have to Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub program for your system.
- Now Hit the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon from the downloading so that you can open the tool hub program.
- Navigate to the network issues in QuickBooks Tool hub and click on it.
- Now select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Install QuickBooks on the server in case if it is not already installed.
- Hit the browse button so that you can search for the file from the folder where you have saved it.
- Select the button Start scan for starting the process of the scanning.
- Now open you QuickBooks and sign in to the company file.
You can easily able to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 by following the above mention methods. The issue is mainly related to the company file which required the immediate solution. If in case still you face issue after following the above steps then in that case there is no need to worry you can connect with us we are there to assist you.
After that you can continue with your work, more efficiently and effectively.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How can I fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -77?
Following are the steps which are to be followed so that you can fix the error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks:
• First you have to relaunch your QuickBooks Desktop with all the permissions which will resolve the issue.
• Right click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop.
• Select run as administrator option.
• In case if the company file is saved on your external device, then copy the file locally.
How can I Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Follow the following steps in order to fix the error 6000. Process the procedure by step by step:
• First you have to check if your system is hosting or not.
• Now look for the company file and then select it.
• Be ensuring that the path of the company file is not more than 210 characters long.
• Now you can try to restore the company file again.
• Restart your system and see if the problem is resolved or not.
How can I Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -832?
Follow the following procedural steps in order to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -832:
• Now search and navigate to the folder which contains your company file.
• Find for the files which have same file name as your company file.
• It must have the extension. ND and .TLG.
• Now you have to rename the file by right clicking on the file.
• Ensure that you add OLD word in front of each file name.
• Now you can open your QuickBooks again and sign in to your company file with the help of your Log in ID and Password.
How can I Fix Error 6000, 301 in QuickBooks?
Following are the steps in order to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 -301:
• First you have to repair your QuickBooks Desktop.
• Now you have to update the QuickBooks Software.
• Rename the QuickBooks file with the extension of .ND files.
• Restart your system.
• Now you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
• In case if your encryption software is enable then disable it.