In QuickBooks, an accountant’s copy is a type of Lower version that fulfills all the requirements of the accountant. In this, all the changes can be done before the dividing date. The accountant is restricted to make any changes in the accountant copy will the dividing date is crossed. You can also say that after the dividing date no changes were made.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
So you have to remove restrictions from the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks to allow the accountant to change. For that, you have to take care of something that happens after removing the restriction. Before removing restrictions we have to create the accountant copy and then remove the restrictions.
Things to Remember after Removing Restrictions from the Accountant’s Copy
You have to take care of things when you remove restrictions from the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. These things are:
- When the restrictions are removed then the changes done in the accountant’s copy won’t get imported into the Company file of QuickBooks.
- The process is irreversible when you remove the restrictions from the Accountant’s copy.
What are the Reasons that Trigger to Remove Restrictions from Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks?
There are different reasons to remove restrictions from the Accountant’s copy into your QuickBooks account. These reasons are listed here:
- When your Accountant asks to work o your file without having any restrictions on the transactions.
- Before the dividing date, you came across some changes that you have to do at that time.
- Some non-posting documents are not modified before the dividing date so you are required to remove the restrictions. The documents are estimates, purchase orders, and sales orders.
Solution Steps to Create Accountant’s Copy before Removing the Restrictions of Accountant’s Copy
The Accountant’s copy helps you to work on the current transactions. The Accountant can work on the previous fiscal period transactions. When the accountant, the changes are imported from the Accountant’s Copy to the QuickBooks Company File. First, Create the Accountant’s copy and then remove the restrictions from it.
Here are the steps to create the Accountant’s copy in the QuickBooks account. The steps are:-
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks software on your system
- Then click on the File menu option
- Further, select the Send Company File
- Choose Accountant’s Copy option
- Go to the Client Activities
- Save the file by clicking on the Save File option
- Then select the location to save the file
- After that, you have to set the dividing date before that no one can change its data.
Now Remove the Restrictions from the Accountant’s File
The steps are as follows:
- In QuickBooks, Click on the File menu option
- Then from drop-down options, select the Send Company File option
- Now, choose option Accountant’s Copy
- Click on the Client Activities option
- Choose Remove Restrictions option
- A box opens up saying “I want to remove the Accountant’s copy Restrictions“
- Then you have to click on the Yes button to confirm the process
- In the end, click on the OK button.
Here, you get to know all the reasons why you are required to remove restrictions from accountant copy in QuickBooks. The solution is also mentioned with the detailed steps that we have to do first what I have to do after that. Just go with it and implement removing restrictions from the Accountant’s copy. If you have any issues then connect with the Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT, who is always here to help you all around the clock.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Convert the Accountant’s Copy to a Regular File after Removing Restrictions from the Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks?
First of all, Open the Accountant’s copy
Then create the backup of the file
In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
Choose option Send Company File
Then click on the Accountant’s Copy
You have to select the option named Convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW
Choose the OK button for the conversion confirmation
Then to save the QBW file, choose the folder where you want to save it
Click on the Save button and then click on the OK button.
What are the Steps to Import Accountant’s Changes when you are done to Remove Restrictions from Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks and also did the Changes?
Backup the file first before proceeding to the further steps
In case you have QuickBooks Enterprise then do disable or turn off the Advanced Inventory
In the case of QuickBooks Desktop, click on the File menu option
Further, Click on the Send Company File
Choose the Accountant’s copy
Then click on the Client Activities
If you have an Accountant changes file sent by your Accountant
Then click on the Import Accountant changes file button
Now, browse the file into your system
The file is having a .QBY Extension
After this, you are done.
How can I Review the Changes done by Accountant after Removing Restrictions from Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks?
When you are going to import the changes
Then click on the option Incorporate Accountant’s changes
In case, You don’t want to do these changes then click on Close button
For changes confirmation, Hit on the OK button and then close the open window
Close the window again by clicking on the OK button
QuickBooks create the another backup file of your company data file.