QuickBooks provides you with a smooth pathway to restore your lost data. It provides an option where you can restore your financial data quite easily. You just need to have a backup of your data and then you can easily restore the data you want. Learn Restore QuickBooks to a Previous Date (Restore Backup Files in QuickBooks).
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
However, creating a backup for your data is quite an easy process but restoring back your data is a bit tricky. But you don’t need to worry. Today in this blog we are going to give you a complete guide on how you can restore your QuickBooks data from the previous date.
What is Working of QuickBooks Restoration?
While you work with QuickBooks, the first and most important thing is to save your progress and back it up. If your QuickBooks stops responding due to any error, having a backup makes it easy for you to get back to your data without any loss. This also secures your financial data and at times of emergency it helps you to open QBB files without opening QuickBooks.
Why is Restoration in QuickBooks Required?
The scenarios in which you may need to restore QuickBooks to a previous date using a backup file. Here is a list of some of the reasons:
- When you need to transfer files from another system and don’t have access to other file transfer software, you must restore a company file.
- The company files are infected with a virus or are attacked by malware, all of the data is damaged or corrupted.
- A company file is so severely damaged that it is nearly impossible to repair it. However, you can resolve the issue by using the QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
- Your hard drive’s company file is corrupted or damaged.
- When you want to review the company data file from a previous date.
- If the company file is deleted due to human error.
What are the Important Things that You Must Have to Restore QuickBooks?
Your computer can get crashed due to an error and this can also affect your QuickBooks data. If you have your backup ready this helps you to easily restore your data.
But the most important thing is taking a backup of your data. Follow these steps mentioned below and it will help you to easily take a backup of your company data.
How to Backup of Your Company File Manually?
QuickBooks just creates a single copy of your backup data and you will get a confirmation message once the backup is created.
- First of all, Go to the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Now select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Then Return to the File menu.
- Once you reach, choose Backup Company.
- Then click on Create Local Backup.
- In the Local Backup Only option, choose Browse and go to the directory where you wish to save your backup business file.
- Decide how many backups you want to keep.
- This runs a test to check that your backup file is in the right condition before saving it.
- When you’re finished, press the OK button.
- Choose Next, save it.
How to Backup of Your Company File Automatically?
QuickBooks also creates a backup for you automatically and schedules it for you in the future. Once the backup is complete you will be notified.
- Firstly, go to the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Now select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Once you switch, return to the File menu and choose Back up Company.
- Then click on Create Local Backup.
- Once you select Local Backup and click Next in the window.
- Select Browse in the Local Backup Only option.
- Once done navigate to the location where you want to save your company backup file.
- Now from the Online and Local Backup column, select Complete verification.
Note: This performs a test to ensure that your backup file is in excellent condition before you save it.
- When you’re finished, click OK.
- Next, choose Save it now and schedule future backups.
Note: Select Only plan future backups if you don’t want to save a backup right now.
- Check the box next to Save backup copy when you close your company file.
- Then specify the number of backups to be performed.
- Select New to begin creating a schedule.
- Fill out the necessary info to create a backup schedule. You have the option of selecting a time or a day of the week.
- After you’ve finished creating your schedule, click OK.
- QuickBooks prompts you for your Windows sign-in password.
- This authorizes QuickBooks to conduct the scheduled backup.
- When you’re ready, click Finish to create your backup.
How can You Get QuickBooks to go Back to a Previous Date?
Once you backup, it prevents you from losing your data and backups also saves your time. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how you can restore QuickBooks to a previous date:
- Once of all login to your QuickBooks Account.
- Now go to the files menu.
- Once you open the file menu go to the option restore company .
- Now you will get a dialogue box, there you need to choose the file that you want to restore.
- Once done you should click on option restore a backup copy.
- Now you will see another box, there choose that you want to restore your file from local computer or your from saved backup.
- Then search for the location you saved your QuickBooks backup data of the previous date.
- Now go to the next option and choose the location you want to restore your saved backup.
- Your file will be saved when you pick your settings, and the restore will be completed successfully.
- Finally, you can check the restored file and if you don’t have any errors then your restoration is complete now.
How to Restore QuickBooks to a Previous Date using Web Restore?
You can also store your QuickBooks Backup file online. If you save it only then you have to restore the backup using QuickBooks Web Restore Service. Follow the steps mentioned below to know how you can restore the backup using Web Restore:
- Select the web restore option while logged into QuickBooks. ActiveX controls will very definitely be requested.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
- To restore a specific date, go to the backup file for that date.
- Once you go to the file then select the restore option.
- Then close the tab after saving your file in QuickBooks.
- Finally, open the file and verify that the company file has been correctly restored.
When you update your files, you must backup them immediately. This not only saves your company records but also allows you to access them when necessary. If your QuickBooks is damaged, you can rest assured that your files will be safe.
We hope now you have enough information and hopefully the above mentioned steps helped you to successfully restore your QuickBooks files.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
How Can You Backup Your Payroll Forms?
Your payroll forms are not backed up automatically and you can save them as PDF’s. Follow these steps mentioned below:
First of all navigate to the Windows Start menu.
Now, go to the File Explorer.
Once you open the file explorer then open the folder (your company name) Tax Forms. This folder contains all of your payroll information.
Save the whole thing and email it to your accountant. You must also email them your backup business file.
After restoring your company file, your accountant must place the Tax Forms folder in the same folder as it.
Once the reviewing is done, then copy the file and then return to the Tax Forms folder.
Finally, open the updated forms on your computer, repeat the previous procedures.
Can You Restore QuickBooks Automatically?
QuickBooks do allow you to restore your data automatically. The inner Diagnostic can feature your file within an hour after you open your QuickBooks file.
You can restore your file:
When finished, you will have two duplicate company files.
If the opened file went to the assessments, your PC indicated that the file is critical and that a backup has already been converted to the ADR directory.
If one is 12 times older than the others.
After the first duplicate is generated, QuickBooks creates a duplicate copy of the company file every 12th time.
In order to complete the process, you must run QuickBooks.
How can You Restore Your Backup Company File with the .QBB Extension?
To Restore your company backup company file with extension .QBB extension follow these steps:
Go to the File menu in QuickBooks and select Open or Restore Company.
Next, choose Restore a backup copy.
Choose Local Backup, then Next.
Look for your backup business file on your PC. It should look something like this: [Your company’s name]. qbb.
Choose a folder to save your repaired business file to.
Then click the Open button.
When you’re finished, click Save.