QuickBooks has become one of the most sought-after software solutions among businesses as it offers numerous features and benefits to users when it comes to managing bookkeeping and accounting services. Learn how to export invoices from QuickBooks with Dancing Numbers Exporters.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Reasons to Invoice in QuickBooks
Small business owners can benefit from using QuickBooks invoices for the following reasons:
- It is Simple to Track Invoices. You will be able to keep track of unpaid invoices and record your current accounts receivable balance because QuickBooks generates invoices automatically and integrates them into your recordkeeping. Unless you promptly tell QuickBooks to do so, your invoices will not be deleted.
- It works well. You will probably receive payment more quickly than if you mail an invoice thanks to instant email delivery and quicker payment choices provided by integrated credit card and debit card capability.
- Online billing is more Affordable. When you handle billing and payment primarily online, there is less paperwork, manual data entry, and room for error.
Storing Your Invoices in QuickBooks
Customer, it also serves as a sales receipt that shows the date of purchase, payer and payee information, product identifiers, the total cost of the goods or services, and the due date. You should keep both the invoices you create and the ones you get as a business owner. Since receipts must be kept for at least three years for tax purposes, this ensures the best recordkeeping.
To keep your accounts receivable up to date, you must store the invoices you send to clients and consumers. Once you send an invoice to a client or customer, an account receivable is created, which represents the money the customer owes you. Tracking and forecasting your cash surpluses and deficits throughout the accounting period is made easier by managing the flow of cash, particularly the inflow of cash received through accounts receivables.
You can keep track of current unpaid invoices (typically within a 30-day payment window), unpaid invoices that are past due (generally 30 to 90 days past due), and even unpaid invoices that are probably not going to be collected (typically over 90 days past due) by storing the invoices.
Why do You need to Export Invoices from QuickBooks?
QuickBooks definitely keeps the data in an organized manner, but there are times when you might want to export the data from there to Excel sheets. Most people want to keep the invoices in the spreadsheets as they are readily available for reference to businesses. In fact, the excel sheets contain additional information too that might not be accessible in the QuickBooks.
It is quite difficult to transfer invoices between two accounts simultaneously in QuickBooks. Finally, you are left with only two options of either entering data manually to QuickBooks Online or exporting the same to Excel.
Exporting Invoices from QuickBooks
Even though you can store all of your created invoices in QuickBooks, sometimes when sorting and sharing invoices are improved by exporting invoices into software like Microsoft Excel. Other features are now not available or built-in QuickBooks that can be used with spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel.
For the following reasons, business owners and accountants export invoices from QuickBooks to another program, such as Microsoft Excel:
- To include particular company information, the invoices can be modified and formatted.
- The invoices must be accessible to several individuals who do not have access to the QuickBooks system.
- These bills are simple to save, print, or email to customers and clients.
- Excel’s sorting and organizing functions can be used to maintain bookkeeping records, and adding unpaid invoices gives you the latest information on your receivables.
- PivotTables and VLOOKUP, two more complex Excel tools, let you arrange data for easy access and analytical use.
How to Export Invoices from QuickBooks Online
It doesn’t take much time to export invoices from QuickBooks Online to Excel. To organize information by customer, product ID, transaction amount, or any other data reported on an invoice, you may want to export invoices into Excel. If your business generates a lot of invoices each month, quarter, or year, learning how to use PivotTables and VLOOKUP in Excel maintains your data efficiently.
The instructions for exporting invoices from QuickBooks Online to Microsoft Excel are provided here. After you export an invoice, QuickBooks Online will continue to store it along with the data it contains.
- You have to Click Reports, Which is Under the List of Functions.
- Then in the Text Box, You have to Begin to Key in the Invoice list and then You have to Click Enter.
As you can look in the below image QuickBooks Online will automatically populate the Invoice list as you are typing.
Here you can see a list of all your invoices that you reported through a particular range of dates.
- Now you have to Hit Customize if you want to Change Reports. For Example- Range of Dates, or Filter the Reporting.
- You have to Hit the Export Function Dropdown once you have Customized the Report and then you have to click on Export to Excel.
How to Export Invoices from QuickBooks Pro
Just like with QuickBooks Online, exporting invoices from QuickBooks Pro is straightforward. To export saved invoices into Microsoft Excel, follow these steps:
- Click Reports on the QuickBooks Desktop menu.
- In the text box, you have to type Invoice list and hit Enter.
- Filter the dates under the Report period, then you have to choose Run Report.
- Click Export to Excel after selecting the Export button.
You ought to be able to view your invoices in Excel after completing these four steps. From there, Excel’s basic features include the ability to arrange bills by amounts, vendors, product IDs, and dates. PivotTables and the VLOOKUP capability are two examples of advanced Excel functionality.
Export Invoices from QuickBooks Using Dancing Numbers Exporter
Follow the mention steps when Exporting invoices from QuickBooks:
Step 1: Get the Invoice List
- Go to the Customers option in the menu bar
- Choose Customer Centre
- Click on the Transactions tab
- Select Invoices
- Choose Run Reports
Step 2: Get Transaction List by Customer
- On the menu bar, select Reports
- Hover mouse to Customers and Receivables
- Click on Transaction List by Customer
Step 3: Get Exporting Lists in QuickBooks Online
- Go to the list or report that you want to export
- Choose More
- Select Transactional Journal
- Click on Export to Excel
- The data is downloaded in the form of spreadsheets
Step 4: Filtering Invoices in QuickBooks Online
- Go to Sales tab.
- Click on All Sales.
- Select Filter menu.
- Under Date option, choose This year or This year-to-date option.
- Click Transaction Type.
- Choose the Invoice option.
- Click Apply.
Step 5: Exporting from QuickBooks
- Click on Reports tab.
- Type in the Invoice list in the search text box.
- Press Enter.
- Customize the Report period.
- Click on Run Report.
- Now, choose Export button.
- Click on Export to Excel.
Export Invoices from Online Store to Excel
- Click on the Reports tab.
- Select the Invoice list from the search box, and then click Enter.
- Select the Date period and click Run report.
- Select Export to Excel from the reports page’s Export button.
We hope the above information will help you to export invoices from QuickBooks Desktop pro and QuickBooks Online. If you are not able to doing these step then you connect with Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Video Tutorial: Exporting Invoices From QuickBooks
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Transferring Invoices Between two Accounts Possible?
It is quite difficult to transfer invoices between two accounts simultaneously in QuickBooks. Hence, you can either enter data manually to QuickBooks Online or export the same to Excel or use a third-party element to achieve your objective.
Why Exporting Invoices from QuickBooks to Spreadsheets is Preferred?
This is because spreadsheet data is a ready reference to businesses, which also includes some additional information that may not be found in QuickBooks.
Can I Export all Invoices from QuickBooks?
Exporting invoices from QuickBooks Online can be done manually.
What Format does QuickBooks Export?
The file you export and send to your accountant is a .qbx file QuickBooks creates when you make a backup of your company file.